AFC potential cut candidates: Nick Chubb, Joey Bosa are potential cap casualties

thunderpimp91

Reaction score
He’s near end of career.

And UFA soon.

Take the savings and use them to sign Tyron.
I'm just not sure how you replace the guy and dont leave another massive hole on the DL. I would have to believe a short extension would be more likely to help the cap situation than cutting the guy

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
I'm just not sure how you replace the guy and dont leave another massive hole on the DL. I would have to believe a short extension would be more likely to help the cap situation than cutting the guy
I agree ........it's not about the sacks with him but he's one of the best DE run defenders in the league. Keeping him for around $10M is an easy decision for me.

DuncanIso

Reaction score
I agree ........it's not about the sacks with him but he's one of the best DE run defenders in the league. Keeping him for around $10M is an easy decision for me.
If I had to pick DLaw or Tyron, which we are going to have to do, I think Tyron stays.

Adreme

Reaction score
Surprised that DLaw isnt mentioned….unless I missed it.

Saves 10 mill post June.
Uh he has a salary of 10m, not much, and is by far the best run stopper on a team that needs to get better against the run. He is not a cut candidate.

Chasing6

Reaction score
He has been our "best run defender" for 10 years now. 10 years where the run defense has been terrible. Perhaps it is time to get a new "best run defender".
That is not how that works. Time to get other plays that don't just rush the passer.

Vinnie2u

Reaction score
If Jerry & the gang would of listened to me last year and draft a RB round 2-4 we wouldn't have a RB problem.. Now we have 4 TE's on the roster fighting for 2 positions and no RB's worth a crap..

FVSTONE

Reaction score
My goodness......some good players ( could this be Jerry's "all in"? )

https://www.nfl.com/news/afc-cut-ca...heading-into-free-agency?campaign=Twitter_atn

AFC cut candidates: Nick Chubb, Joey Bosa among potential cap casualties heading into free agency​

https://www.nfl.com/news/nfc-cut-ca...otential-cap-casualties-of-free-agency-frenzy

NFC cut candidates: Alvin Kamara, Aaron Jones among potential cap casualties of free agency frenzy​

Bosa?????? When was the last time that this dude played in a season where he didn't land on SD OR LA injury list?????? LOL!!!!!

Toro9

Reaction score
I'd like to take Chubb for a couple years but RBs simply shouldn't get big 2nd contracts. I think even Jerry knows that now. The poundings these guys take is second to none. Hit on every play and expected to keep going year after year... Nope. Unless you're a scatback and know how to go down without getting hammered, you won't last very long.

plymkr

Reaction score
So we are going to need a #2 WR?????

Should we keep an eye on 24 for a replacement?

The Cowboys are currently projected to be $19.7 million over the cap (second-most in the NFC) and are yet again searching for the right piece(s) to make a run into February. Neither Gallup nor Cooks seem like a fit for the WR2 shoes behind CeeDee Lamb and either/both would save the team money if released. (Gallup would likely need to be a post-June 1 cut.) Hopefully for Dallas fans' sake, the 'Boys can find an answer for that glaring WR2 hole in free agency or the draft.
I thought Brandin Cooks played well towards the middle of the season and beyond. He’s no CD but few WRs are. I’d like to keep Cooks depending on salary. Gallup is gone.

DuncanIso

Reaction score
Uh he has a salary of 10m, not much, and is by far the best run stopper on a team that needs to get better against the run. He is not a cut candidate.
I’m not anti DLaw, but post June cut saves the team a lot of cap.

POST-6/1 RELEASE

2024 Dead Cap: $10,445,0002025

2025 Dead Cap: $7,445,000

2024 Cap Savings: $10,000,000

DuncanIso

Reaction score
I thought Brandin Cooks played well towards the middle of the season and beyond. He’s no CD but few WRs are. I’d like to keep Cooks depending on salary. Gallup is gone.
It makes sense to cut Cooks too.

Post June 1 RELEASE

2024 Dead Cap: $2,000,000
2025 Dead Cap: $4,000,000

2024 Cap Savings: $8,000,000