After bye week (entering Week 9), Dak still in 1st in Total QBR

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score

Pantone282C

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I blame Garrett, Rod, and Richard for this more than anyone else.
:hammer:Offense and defense both are culpable, but I find very little to lay at Dak's feet. The D that we counted on last year was ice cream soft in the three losses this season until it was too late.
Now, I'm glad Dak is doing better, more there is more ground to cover in his game.

Nav22

Reaction score
And this is just a stat to spin a more positive narrative on Dak.

Official NFL stats currently have Dak ranked 10th in passing.

http://www.nfl.com/stats/categoryst...263-s=PASSING_YARDS&d-447263-o=2&d-447263-n=1
What kind of person thinks “total pass yards” is a good stat to rank QBs by????
:lmao2::lmao2::lmao2:

Andy Dalton is 4th on your list. His team is 0-8. He’s 29th in passer rating and 28th in QBR.

Jared Goff is 1st on your list. He’s 22nd in passer rating and 25th in QBR.

Nav22

Reaction score
Yep. Yet when sorting by YPG, to take away the discrepency in the total yardage due to the uneven amount of games played, he is 3rd in the NFL with only Matt Ryan and Patrick Mahomes ahead of him.
Awwwwwww.

The poor guy thought he finally found a stat from this season that didn’t paint a rosy picture of Dak, then you had to go and ruin that for him.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
What kind of person thinks “total pass yards” is a good stat to rank QBs by????

Andy Dalton is 4th on your list. His team is 0-8. He’s 29th in passer rating and 28th in QBR.

Jared Goff is 1st on your list. He’s 22nd in passer rating and 25th in QBR.
The NFL obviously does. It’s not my list.

You think selecting one guy on list you can discredit it? That’s hilarious. Lol

Last edited:

DandyDon52

Reaction score
I pointed this out in my dak is best qb right now thread after 3 games, dak and Jackson were the 2 top QB's in this rating
and some other stats.
It does show in general which qb's are playing good, but there are intangibles it does not consider.

Bridgewater was 5-0 as QB, but he is # 20 in this rating, so something is wrong with the way they analyze QB's.

For one thing if a qb plays good in garbage time, when behind and the other team goes into a relaxed prevent defense,
a qb can improve their rating in that period. And that looks good in stats, but not in the big picture.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
Using this bs logic do y'all Dak riders want to keep Garrett and hype his record in this time period up? If the answer is no heck outta here with that more wins by an individual in a team sport junk.
good point even wins can be deceptive if that is all you look at.

Also fans and media cant seem to keep season and post season separate !
They are very different, and have to be analyzed separately .
Dallas , JG , Dak have done well in the season since 2016, but post season is not very good at all.
In fact if you look at cowboys since garret was hired, they have never won a div game, and only 3 wc wins since 2007.
all Div round
In 2007 his offense scored only 17 I think,
2009 they scored 3
2016 with linehan, 24
2018 linehan 24 again I think or was it 28 ?
So linehan did better calling plays than jg had done.
Curious to see what happens with kellen now, in 2019 how many points can he put up?

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
If Dak were to win a SB— there would still be a core section of fans that would compare him to Trent Dilfer or Brad Johnson to continue the “bus driver” narrative

If he makes the pro bowl— it’s just a popularity contest

If he were to win the MVP— it would be about how he only got it because of the skill position players around him

In short— there is a TON of confirmation bias (in the pro Dak as well as the anti-Dak camps) loaded into any “analysis” regarding Prescott

Bottom line is that the Trolls have already lost the Dak debate. Its over. They have been proven dead wrong

So at this point the only trolls left are simply trolling to get attention. Dregs of the board.

Flamma

Reaction score
way more important than the team record.

Sarcasm at its finest.
If Dak were to win a SB— there would still be a core section of fans that would compare him to Trent Dilfer or Brad Johnson to continue the “bus driver” narrative

If he makes the pro bowl— it’s just a popularity contest

If he were to win the MVP— it would be about how he only got it because of the skill position players around him

In short— there is a TON of confirmation bias (in the pro Dak as well as the anti-Dak camps) loaded into any “analysis” regarding Prescott

I'm not sure what point you're trying to make. Dak is a good quarterback. I don't need QBR to tell me what I can see. But there's only about 5 elite quarterbacks in this league right now and Dak isn't one of them.

Nav22

Reaction score
The NFL obviously does. It’s not my list.

You think selecting one guy on list you can discredit it? That’s hilarious. Lol
You’re remedial. Learn how to use a computer.

You can sort that “list” by any category you choose.

In any event, he’s 3rd in passing yards PER GAME.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
May the Lord give you strength in this endeavor, surely his light will shine on you, for this is a noble task indeed.
I'm willing to RIP him a new one, and correct the record, if I don't get banned. That's the only thing holding me back.