After consideration, Lance did really well

Status
Not open for further replies.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
which is more than enough to get him out of here….

Just draft a guy like Carson Beck. I’ve seen enough clips to know he stands in the pocket and actually goes through his reads. Quick release and can hit his intermediate routes.
He’s also 6’ 4”…
should I save this comment and throw it in your face if he doesn't work out?

btw, you really havent' shown you know much about QB play. I mean you claimed, screamed, stood tall and procalimed watch cowboys go to the next level when dak got injured and Dalton took over. you swore and thumped your chest.

how did that work out for you? :laugh:

KingCorcoran

Reaction score
From what I saw from the clips, the way the OL was playing, I’m more than willing to watch Dak play without Lamb for this year. It will be fun watching his value drop to about a nickel and dime and a bucket of chicken.
Stepping up and playing behind a bad OL on a team that did not do much to improve will increase his Dak’s value, not decrease it. Cowboys fans that want Dak punished in some way for the loss to Green Bay will be the most disappointed fans anybody ever heard of.

stiletto

Reaction score
I don't have my comments hidden. I will check my settings.

it wasn't an insult. it was a fact. he knows it too. I pray for his well being. he needs a lot of help
Yes you do, if you go into your profile it says your posts are hidden. You must have them private. Some people do that, not sure why. I think that feature should be turned off so people can look at what people have said in the past. Not that you meant to but right now other folks can't see your history.

Big D

Reaction score
200.webp

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Yes you do, if you go into your profile it says your posts are hidden. You must have them private. Some people do that, not sure why. I think that feature should be turned off so people can look at what people have said in the past. Not that you meant to but right now other folks can't see your history.
ok, changed. not sure when it changed, but I had always had it open.

I have nothing to hide unlike a lot of other people on this site.

and unlike others if I am wrong, I easily admit I am wrong. I have eaten crow in the past. most others ego's don't allow them to do that.

Creeper

Reaction score
He hardly threw the ball more than 10 yards in 41 passes. Her averaged 4.6 yards per attempt! I admit he was often under duress, especially in the 2nd half, but there were times he had decent pockets and just threw bad passes.

Also, he is in his 4th year. He is not a rookie. He did not look like he could beat out Rush for the Cowboys backup QB role, and that is not a very high bar.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
OP, ignore all the mouth-breathing Dak trolls. They arent even Cowboys fans. They were secretly hoping Trey did poorly to support their agenda for Dak

With that said, I wont say he did well. He was ok. These bums at receiver he was throwing to and the OL was never going to give him a chance to play really well.

Sidenote: the Cowboys are about to pay Ceedee Lamb $35m a year because they know Dak will look worse than Trey did on Sunday without him
Go wash your filthy mouth with some soap and rinse it off with some holy water. Sheesh. Talk about hatred to the core and at a personal level.

CWR

Reaction score
This is how you rationalize yourself into just about anything. He's had time to "reflect."

I wanted Lance to ball out. It didn't happen.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
He hardly threw the ball more than 10 yards in 41 passes. Her averaged 4.6 yards per attempt! I admit he was often under duress, especially in the 2nd half, but there were times he had decent pockets and just threw bad passes.

Also, he is in his 4th year. He is not a rookie. He did not look like he could beat out Rush for the Cowboys backup QB role, and that is not a very high bar.
he was under duress because he held the ball for way way too long.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
Trey Lance threw  ZERO interceptions in 41 passes, he faced a heavy rush and stood in the pocket and delivered the ball while being hit.
You weren't going to see him look like a 10 year veteran playing in the Super Bowl. The Cowboys were playing a scrimmage against a team they had shared practice with, and they used backups.
But what you did see was a guy who wasn't afraid to get hit, a rifle arm, and a guy who was disciplined enough to realize he couldn't turn the ball over. You saw a guy who scrambled vertically and picked up yardage. You saw a quarterback who kept his cool throughout the game and was mindful of his responsibilities.
There wasn't much to see in a scrimmage game that meant very little. So you focus on the basics. His accuracy was off, but only in his timing with receivers he hasn't yet built a repor with. His instincts were good and his willingness to take a hit to complete the play is something that is sorely needed in the Cowboys quarterback position.
Timing can be acquired; discipline can be taught but takes years.
Instincts cannot.
A quarterback either has them or he doesn't.
I think there is a lot of potential in Trey Lance.
Whether or not he can be "the guy" remains to be seen.
But I saw more discipline under center and more instinctive leadership from a Cowboys quarterback than I saw all of last season.
The kid has potential.
Trey is too far in his career to be this bad. He is not worth the free pass you are giving him. Give him a medal for the courage you mentioned and a kick in the butt on his way out.

Blackspider214

Reaction score
TO BE CLEAR, the 49'ers didn't give up on Trey Lance until he got hurt.
Kyle Shanahan put him in and made him follow Jimmy Garappolo, who had just led the Niners to a Super Bowl.
The 49'ers let him go after the emergence of Brock Purdy, knowing that they would never use Trey Lance as a starter.
But what Shanahan did to Trey Lance was unfair, albeit that was Shanahan's decision. But putting Lance in for Garappolo was a stupid move by Shanahan.
I think the Niners lost interest in Lance after Purdy, and just wanted something back for him.
But Lance cannot and should not be judged by his rookie season.
This makes zero sense. Niners gave up on Lance because he wasn't good. He showed zero promise in the games he played or practice. And they gave up very fast because they knew he had no promise he would improve. But however you feel the need to spin, go right ahead. I don't see one single team he could start for.

leeblair

Reaction score
This makes zero sense. Niners gave up on Lance because he wasn't good. He showed zero promise in the games he played or practice. And they gave up very fast because they knew he had no promise he would improve. But however you feel the need to spin, go right ahead. I don't see one single team he could start for.
He could start for the Cowboys and make them better.

Status
Not open for further replies.