After consideration, Lance did really well

Status
Not open for further replies.

leeblair

Reaction score
Trey is too far in his career to be this bad. He is not worth the free pass you are giving him. Give him a medal for the courage you mentioned and a kick in the butt on his way out.
Yet we have a quarterback who is 8 years in, has made big money, and still chokes in big games.
Lance is 24.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
Yet we have a quarterback who is 8 years in, has made big money, and still chokes in big games.
Lance is 24.
...and received the second most votes for League MVP. If you're going to tell the story, tell the whole true story.

khiladi

Reaction score
Stepping up and playing behind a bad OL on a team that did not do much to improve will increase his Dak’s value, not decrease it. Cowboys fans that want Dak punished in some way for the loss to Green Bay will be the most disappointed fans anybody ever heard of.
No it won’t. Bad OL play that never existed has always been an excuse for Dak fanboys.

coult44

Reaction score
From what I saw from the clips, the way the OL was playing, I’m more than willing to watch Dak play without Lamb for this year. It will be fun watching his value drop to about a nickel and dime and a bucket of chicken.
Say what you want about Dak and Ceedee, Y’all will never change your opinions. But this OL might be super good. Perhaps special

khiladi

Reaction score
should I save this comment and throw it in your face if he doesn't work out?

btw, you really havent' shown you know much about QB play. I mean you claimed, screamed, stood tall and procalimed watch cowboys go to the next level when dak got injured and Dalton took over. you swore and thumped your chest.

how did that work out for you? :laugh:
I’ve been owning you for years. Which is why you are out here to trying now to spin getting rid of Dak in a way that doesn’t make us forget your Dak is elite narrative

I said with the same roster Dalton would do fine and guess what buddy… He averaged over 34 PPG against the same crappy teams Dak pads stats against and he didn’t habe ZT, who was shelved. Dalton played with even worse and the Dak lovers like you were trying to spin his wins on the defense…. But it’s cool..

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Lance is 24.
and lance sucks. and Lance will be 28. and he is still going to suck. lance maybe out of the league by the time he is 26. wouldn't surprise me.

and btw, that choking QB gets you to playoffs. Lance would get you to a top 5 pick....which may not be a bad idea.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
I’ve been owning you for years. Which is why you are out here to trying now to spin getting rid of Dak in a way that doesn’t make us forget your Dak is elite narrative

I said with the same roster Dalton would do fine and guess what buddy… He averaged over 34 PPG against the same crappy teams Dak pads stats against and he didn’t habe ZT, who was shelved. Dalton played with even worse and the Dak lovers like you were trying to spin his wins on the defense…. But it’s cool..
owning me :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

:grin::grin::grin::grin::grin::grin::grin::grin::grin::grin::grin::grin::grin::grin::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

:lmao2::lmao2::lmao2::lmao2::lmao2::lmao2:

:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

:omg::omg::omg::omg::omg:

:muttley::muttley::muttley::muttley::muttley::muttley:

and its hilarious. just down right rolling on the floor funny that you are now listing excuses for Dalton's crappy play...the same guy who went 0-5 in playoffs and 0-12 in games that was win or go home.

hilarious...you tied yourself to a ship that was sinking, which was full of anchors....you can't go down any faster

:flagwave::flagwave::flagwave:

:lmao::lmao::lmao:

:laugh::laugh::laugh:

OMG. I hadn't laught this hard in a very long time. thanks. appreciate it. keep the jokes coming

leeblair

Reaction score
...and received the second most votes for League MVP. If you're going to tell the story, tell the whole true story.
Yes, tell the WHOLE STORY!
Dak received 0 votes for MVP.
Josh Allen received 1.
Josh had more votes for MVP than Dak.
And Josh actually shows up in playoff games versus good teams. Dak doesn't.

links18

Reaction score
"Not as disappointing as some think" is one thing but "did really well" is another that strains credulity.

SultanOfSix

Star Power
Reaction score
I don’t think he did well. I do think he showed potential though. He needs to be more accurate and not hesitate to get rid of the ball. He’s going through his progressions just fine and looks poised. I didn’t see any noticeable jitters in him. He’s playing with twos and threes and I think he was “thrown to the wolves” a little bit so to speak to see how he’d handle different non-ideal situations.

So he needs to work on his accuracy and get rid of the ball faster and progress on those items, otherwise he won’t get many more opportunities.

khiladi

Reaction score
owning me :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

:grin::grin::grin::grin::grin::grin::grin::grin::grin::grin::grin::grin::grin::grin::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

:lmao2::lmao2::lmao2::lmao2::lmao2::lmao2:

:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

:omg::omg::omg::omg::omg:

:muttley::muttley::muttley::muttley::muttley::muttley:

and its hilarious. just down right rolling on the floor funny that you are now listing excuses for Dalton's crappy play...the same guy who went 0-5 in playoffs and 0-12 in games that was win or go home.

hilarious...you tied yourself to a ship that was sinking, which was full of anchors....you can't go down any faster

:flagwave::flagwave::flagwave:

:lmao::lmao::lmao:

:laugh::laugh::laugh:

OMG. I hadn't laught this hard in a very long time. thanks. appreciate it. keep the jokes coming
Try harder buddy… back then you were using the excuse that Dalton was winning because of the defense… all it shows is Dalton had zero problems doing what Dak did here against bad teams with an even worse roster…

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Try harder buddy… back then you were using the excuse that Dalton was winning because of the defense… all it shows is Dalton had zero problems doing what Dak did here against bad teams with an even worse roster…
what!? huh? you are utterly confused. or drunk. its one or the other.

Chasing6

Reaction score
Trey Lance threw  ZERO interceptions in 41 passes, he faced a heavy rush and stood in the pocket and delivered the ball while being hit.
You weren't going to see him look like a 10 year veteran playing in the Super Bowl. The Cowboys were playing a scrimmage against a team they had shared practice with, and they used backups.
But what you did see was a guy who wasn't afraid to get hit, a rifle arm, and a guy who was disciplined enough to realize he couldn't turn the ball over. You saw a guy who scrambled vertically and picked up yardage. You saw a quarterback who kept his cool throughout the game and was mindful of his responsibilities.
There wasn't much to see in a scrimmage game that meant very little. So you focus on the basics. His accuracy was off, but only in his timing with receivers he hasn't yet built a repor with. His instincts were good and his willingness to take a hit to complete the play is something that is sorely needed in the Cowboys quarterback position.
Timing can be acquired; discipline can be taught but takes years.
Instincts cannot.
A quarterback either has them or he doesn't.
I think there is a lot of potential in Trey Lance.
Whether or not he can be "the guy" remains to be seen.
But I saw more discipline under center and more instinctive leadership from a Cowboys quarterback than I saw all of last season.
The kid has potential.
You are correct. A QB either has instincts or he doesn't, and Trance clearly does not.

Status
Not open for further replies.