After consideration, Lance did really well

Status
Not open for further replies.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Trey Lance threw  ZERO interceptions in 41 passes, he faced a heavy rush and stood in the pocket and delivered the ball while being hit.
You weren't going to see him look like a 10 year veteran playing in the Super Bowl. The Cowboys were playing a scrimmage against a team they had shared practice with, and they used backups.
But what you did see was a guy who wasn't afraid to get hit, a rifle arm, and a guy who was disciplined enough to realize he couldn't turn the ball over. You saw a guy who scrambled vertically and picked up yardage. You saw a quarterback who kept his cool throughout the game and was mindful of his responsibilities.
There wasn't much to see in a scrimmage game that meant very little. So you focus on the basics. His accuracy was off, but only in his timing with receivers he hasn't yet built a repor with. His instincts were good and his willingness to take a hit to complete the play is something that is sorely needed in the Cowboys quarterback position.
Timing can be acquired; discipline can be taught but takes years.
Instincts cannot.
A quarterback either has them or he doesn't.
I think there is a lot of potential in Trey Lance.
Whether or not he can be "the guy" remains to be seen.
But I saw more discipline under center and more instinctive leadership from a Cowboys quarterback than I saw all of last season.
The kid has potential.
After further review, Lance was meh. He had zero interceptions...boohoo bring out the parade.

He had ZERO tds... oh wait tell the parade to wait.

He had 4.7 ypa. Which tells me he dumps it off. Because he is afraid to push the ball down field. He missed WRs by a mile at times which tells me he is afraid to make tight throws.

He couldn't score when defense gave him 4 turnovers..

Lance was the pure definition of average to below average

But this is you declaring tashard choice is as good as Emmitt Smith and kellen Moore was HOF material.

You know absolutely nothing about player evaluation. Zero. Nada. Zilch.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
TO BE CLEAR, the 49'ers didn't give up on Trey Lance until he got hurt.
Kyle Shanahan put him in and made him follow Jimmy Garappolo, who had just led the Niners to a Super Bowl.
The 49'ers let him go after the emergence of Brock Purdy, knowing that they would never use Trey Lance as a starter.
But what Shanahan did to Trey Lance was unfair, albeit that was Shanahan's decision. But putting Lance in for Garappolo was a stupid move by Shanahan.
I think the Niners lost interest in Lance after Purdy, and just wanted something back for him.
But Lance cannot and should not be judged by his rookie season.
To be clear the niners went out and got another backup QB and demoted Lance to 3rd string. To be clear niners let him go for a pitty 4th round pick after giving up so much for him. To be clear after that investment they saw he doesn't have it and they didn't want to keep him around and develop him.

I mean just to be clear.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Trey Lance threw  ZERO interceptions in 41 passes, he faced a heavy rush and stood in the pocket and delivered the ball while being hit.
You weren't going to see him look like a 10 year veteran playing in the Super Bowl. The Cowboys were playing a scrimmage against a team they had shared practice with, and they used backups.
But what you did see was a guy who wasn't afraid to get hit, a rifle arm, and a guy who was disciplined enough to realize he couldn't turn the ball over. You saw a guy who scrambled vertically and picked up yardage. You saw a quarterback who kept his cool throughout the game and was mindful of his responsibilities.
There wasn't much to see in a scrimmage game that meant very little. So you focus on the basics. His accuracy was off, but only in his timing with receivers he hasn't yet built a repor with. His instincts were good and his willingness to take a hit to complete the play is something that is sorely needed in the Cowboys quarterback position.
Instincts cannot.
But I saw more discipline under center and more instinctive leadership from a Cowboys quarterback than I saw all of last season.
The kid has potential.

You’re right..

He’s got a lot of work to do but everything I see wrong is about lack of reps.

He’s thinking a lot and you can tell.

I’m sure playing with random WRs and OL doesn’t help.

Fans what have patience but the team needs to.

KingCorcoran

Reaction score
Instincts cannot.
The kid has potential.
He’s not a kid. If the coaching staff believes your load of crap Lance will now be taking reps with the first team and be starting the opener against the Cleveland Browns.

coult44

Reaction score
Instincts cannot.
The kid has potential.
Even CZ posts are clickbait driven.
You’re the smartest guy in the football world aren’t you? I mean, I’ve listened and watch about 40-50 different people talk about Lances game yesterday. Only you and Mickey Spagnola have this opinion.
It’s ridiculous.

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
Instincts cannot.
The kid has potential.
Shanny was right, this dude sucks........stole a 4th from us.......Jerry is such an easy mark on trades, just embarrassing.:facepalm:

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Instincts cannot.
The kid has potential.
All of this years first round QB picks played better than 4th year Lance sad to say.

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
All of this years first round QB picks played better than 4th year Lance sad to say.
That is a good point Rocky, you know what else?

I was watching the Titans vs 49ers preseason game (my brother is a huge Titan fan), and all three QBs for the Titans (Will Levis, Mason Rudolph, and Malik Willis) all looked better than Lance did.

Hell, even the 49er backup QBs (Brandon Allen and Joshua Dobbs) looked better than Lance did.

For a 4th year QB, I expected more, way more.

DogFace

Carharris2
Reaction score
Instincts cannot.
The kid has potential.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Coping

DuncanIso

Reaction score
To be clear the niners went out and got another backup QB and demoted Lance to 3rd string. To be clear niners let him go for a pitty 4th round pick after giving up so much for him. To be clear after that investment they saw he doesn't have it and they didn't want to keep him around and develop him.

I mean just to be clear.
They traded Lance the next day.

DuncanIso

Reaction score
Fans are butt hurt because Lance didn’t throw for 300 yds and 3 TDs.

That’s not gonna happen in preseason week 1.

Not with 2/3s on the OL and WR.

But Lance showed a lot.

You can see why Dallas is giving the kid a lot of playing time.

He needs reps with the 1s also.

He is the future. We need him to succeed.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
I'm rooting for Trey Lance to do well because he's a Cowboy, and I'm a Cowboys fan.

Dak's success intimidates you because you're not a winner in life. He's half your age and 1000x more accomplished.
:laugh:
this guy was/is an alcoholic. he is on the wagon, off the wagon. be kind. its not his fault, sometimes he just doesn't know what he is saying.

Last edited:

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Says the keyboard warrior who hides behind the screen.
:facepalm:
You guys are sad.
ahhh, hmmm, oh...hmmmm
you are behind the keyboard....but then again I know you are an alcoholic and this was one of those oops moments...so get back on the wagon as it seems you have fallen off

Status
Not open for further replies.