After further review a week later, Refs stole game from Cowboys vs Packers once again

Sydla

Reaction score
Nope. Once again, the refs helped out the Packers. Cowboys were driving to win in overtime.

Game never should have been in OT. That was the failure that game, not the ref.

Arguing the ref cost us a win is a foolish. We cost ourselves the win with bad play in the 4th Q more than anything.

Sydla

Reaction score
The NFL makes more money when there are interesting storylines. They wanted to keep the Packers alive in what is probably Aaron Rodgers last season there.

Guess they forgot to tell the refs that last week when the Packers lost?

The conspiracies are funny.

Booger

Reaction score
That's not a throw. Quit making up falsehoods to substantiate your excuse for the crooked officials helping the Packers win.
I was the second gunman on the grassy knoll......really dude? Where did I defend "crooked officials"?

MarcusRock

Reaction score
Learn what holding is. When you materially restrict the defender's path to the ball carrier by any number of means, it's a hold.

Mc-G-Hold-GIF1.gif

CWR

Reaction score
Learn what holding is. When you materially restrict the defender's path to the ball carrier by any number of means, it's a hold.

Mc-G-Hold-GIF1.gif

Yes outside the shoulder pads, with the runner going by. I can see that being called. Slo-mo is doing you a huge favor in making it look more egregious.

They want to call it tight, so be it.

Now let's get a look at the non PI call in slow motion.

Booger

Reaction score
You either made a stupid or disingenuous comment, and it was reciprocated.
I did none of the three which would include a reciprocation from a sane person.
You dig?

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
Game never should have been in OT. That was the failure that game, not the ref.

Arguing the ref cost us a win is a foolish. We cost ourselves the win with bad play in the 4th Q more than anything.
Nope. Sorry. Your feelings don't matter in this matter. The key to winning a game is regardless of mistakes, you keep playing until the last second ticks off, including overtime. Cowboys were driving hard in overtime to overcome their mistakes and pull out a win, but as usual, the crooked officials had to step in and make sure that victory for the Cowboys never happened.

CWR

Reaction score
I did none of the three which would include a reciprocation from a sane person.
You dig?

My point was you don't have to hold a defender to knock him down. Im not even sure it was the PUSH that knocked down, because it was clear he wasn't making the play. Going to the ground only sold his case. It seems obvious. You asked how he could be "thrown down" without a hold. Relax.

Sydla

Reaction score
Nope. Sorry. Your feelings don't matter in this matter. The key to winning a game is regardless of mistakes, you keep playing until the last second ticks off, including overtime. Cowboys were driving hard in overtime to overcome their mistakes and pull out a win, but as usual, the crooked officials had to step in and make sure that victory for the Cowboys never happened.

LOL. Feelings?

It’s simply a fact. We had a 14 point lead with 14 minutes to go. We blew it in regulation. That was the biggest issue in our loss.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Yes outside the shoulder pads, with the runner going by. I can see that being called. Slo-mo is doing you a huge favor in making it look more egregious.

They want to call it tight, so be it.

Now let's get a look at the non PI call in slow motion.
I thought this argument was over the holding call, not the PI. He clearly had a hold of the jersey, near his left ribs and kept him turned away from Davis. It was momentary, but that's all it had to be, for Davis to get past.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score

Mc-G-Hold-GIF1.gif
That's not a hold. McGovern kept his arms in tight and let go as the RB went by. Look at Biadisz to his right (our left). Same kind of block. All Olinemen in the NFL grab jerseys. They are allowed to as long as they keep their arms in tight and let go as soon as the ball carrier reaches them.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
LOL. Feelings?

It’s simply a fact. We had a 14 point lead with 14 minutes to go. We blew it in regulation. That was the biggest issue in our loss.
Nope. That's part of the game. Your feelings seriously is what is clouding your mind. Cowboys aren't going to play exactly how you want them to every week.

MarcusRock

Reaction score
That's not a hold. McGovern kept his arms in tight and let go as the RB went by. Look at Biadisz to his right (our left). Same kind of block. All Olinemen in the NFL grab jerseys. They are allowed to as long as they keep their arms in tight and let go as soon as the ball carrier reaches them.

You can't keep a defender from a ball carrier like that. Once the defender wants to change directions and you prevent him via material restriction by grabbing like that, it's a hold.

CWR

Reaction score
I thought this argument was over the holding call, not the PI. He clearly had a hold of the jersey, near his left ribs and kept him turned away from Davis. It was momentary, but that's all it had to be, for Davis to get past.

Yes your right. Unfortunately I got side tracked. Watching the play in real time it's still a hold, but it's not nearly as egregious as the slow motion replay.

My sidetracked point was if you're going to call it close by all means do so. Just don't lose your flag when it's supposed to go in our favor.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
You can't keep a defender from a ball carrier like that. Once the defender wants to change directions and you prevent him via material restriction by grabbing like that, it's a hold.
McGovern didn't prevent him. He followed the DT's movement. You would have an argument if the DT was trying to go one way while McGovern was moving the opposite way, but the video clearly shows McGovern moving with the DT.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Yes your right. Unfortunately I got side tracked. Watching the play in real time it's still a hold, but it's not nearly as egregious as the slow motion replay.

My sidetracked point was if you're going to call it close by all means do so. Just don't lose your flag when it's supposed to go in our favor.
I agree, there were bad calls or non calls, but this hold clearly prevented the DL from having any chance to tackle Davis, and since that's the premise of the thread, that's what I'm focusing on.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
McGovern didn't prevent him. He followed the DT's movement. You would have an argument if the DT was trying to go one way while McGovern was moving the opposite way, but the video clearly shows McGovern moving with the DT.
AC, look at McGovern's right hand, grabbing the DL's jersey near his ribs and keeping him from turning toward Davis.