After further review a week later, Refs stole game from Cowboys vs Packers once again

Plankton

Reaction score
GrayParallelFiddlercrab-size_restricted.gif

Creeper

Reaction score
McGovern did not hold on that play. It was a bad call. The ref called a penalty because the defensive player went down to the ground. I was a bad call. The refs are just bad now. They missed a few calls in teh Cowboys Giants game, benefiting both teams at times.

DripTooHard

Reaction score
No it’s not . What you’re claiming is there was intent on the officials to make calls on the Packers behalf.

Which is an accusation of conspiracy and collusion to throw the game . Which if investigated could lead to illegal or criminal behavior.

These conspiracy theories are totally unfounded without any evidence other than sour grapes for poor officiating.

I don’t know man. I saw the refs swallow the whistle on a play that would have sent the Saints to the Super Bowl instead of the Rams. All while the Rams were just relocating and building a new $tadium. This was way too obvious and happens a lot in this game.

805BoysInBlue

Reaction score
I don’t know man. I saw the refs swallow the whistle on a play that would have sent the Saints to the Super Bowl instead of the Rams. All while the Rams were just relocating and building a new $tadium. This was way too obvious and happens a lot in this game.
And absolutely nothing came of that game, as far as punishment or any changes to the way officials are reprimanded. Smh

MarcusRock

Reaction score
LOL. What a stupid comment. Good blocking materially restricts a defender’s path.

Another bitter soul I've made to look like a fool in the past. Rather espouse lies than admit I have a point. There's a few of you out there. I get it. Lol.

Booger

Reaction score
Are you serious? It happens ALL the time. Literally in every game. Those guys are strong as an ox. LA and Erik Williams made a habit of it. And yes, I’m aware McGovern is not LA or Williams, but he’s a startingOL and is more than capable of throwing a DL to the ground, just like he did in this play.
How, obtuse.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
I’m not disputing there’s some very questionable and poor officiating . We just don’t have any evidence it’s anything more than that. If there was then there’d be a major investigation.

But yea, that was a bad call and they changed the rules accordingly, just like they did with Dez bad call.

Human nature is still part of the game.

Last edited:

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
McGovern did not hold on that play. It was a bad call. The ref called a penalty because the defensive player went down to the ground. I was a bad call. The refs are just bad now. They missed a few calls in teh Cowboys Giants game, benefiting both teams at times.
I would've thought the reverse angle posted would've convinced you, Creeper. You're a reasonable poster, and it's pretty clear that McG's got a handful of jersey down by his ribs, keeping him from turning toward Davis until after he runs by.

Plankton

Reaction score
I would've thought the reverse angle posted would've convinced you, Creeper. You're a reasonable poster, and it's pretty clear that McG's got a handful of jersey down by his ribs, keeping him from turning toward Davis until after he runs by.

Also, if the GIF was a higher resolution, you would see that McGovern's left hand went outside the shoulder framework. Another tell for a hold.

Creeper

Reaction score

I didn't see the reverse angle, only the original TV shot. I will look for it.

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Well, I just watched this and, oh yeah, that was totally a hold. The packer could not even try and extend his arm towards Pollard. Flag! Holding...

Creeper

Reaction score
Of course you want to flood the thread with diversionary videos or talk about other calls because you can't refute the one I produced that showed a classic hold. Continuing to deny doesn't make one unsee what's there. You talked earlier about being duped and it turns out it was you following some twit-ter person aiming to rile up the victim crowd, hence using the most inconclusive video to bolster the whine. Turns out there's better video but that won't get the clicks because it disproves the narrative he's selling. You'd have to be a flexible thinker to see though. No surprise.

Mc-G-Hold-GIF1.gif

I think the problem is what the rule says about holding and what is normally called by the refs. We see worse holding all the time that does not get called. So why call this one? My theory is if a player goes to the ground on a play like this, the refs will call it. If he doesn't they will let them play.

MarcusRock

Reaction score
I think the problem is what the rule says about holding and what is normally called by the refs. We see worse holding all the time that does not get called. So why call this one? My theory is if a player goes to the ground on a play like this, the refs will call it. If he doesn't they will let them play.

Even if he doesn't go to the ground it's a hold. I've never even mentioned the DL falling because that's not a requirement for most calls. The grabbing and materially restricting the DL's path to the ball, as spelled out in the rule, is all that is necessary on this play. If McGovern lets him go early, the DL only has an arm tackle's chance at bringing Davis down. You take that chance instead of risking a penalty in a tight game. Wasn't like it was a do to die 4th Down.

DripTooHard

Reaction score
And absolutely nothing came of that game, as far as punishment or any changes to the way officials are reprimanded. Smh

Bill Vinovich, the ref in the Saints/Rams championship game was awarded with Super Bowl officiating duties for the following year after that call. At least on the surface he was rewarded instead of punished. I know many Saints fans that haven’t watched another game since that day.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I'm not saying there were no bad calls or non-calls, but this was most definitely a legitimate holding penalty. You can see the defender being held back as he's trying to turn toward Davis, you can see the handful of jersey on his left side, and you can see our guy being pulled along. The only thing I can't see is how anyone can think this was a bad call.
Yes...of course there are bad and missed calls. I don't think anyone debates THAT!

But making excuses to protect your little pet glass jaw QB.....is embarrassing. Especially protesting THIS much.

Like a petulant child that just keeps lying and crying.

An adult...a real LEADER....admits defeat, admits fault...and moves on. It inspires them to do better, not cry and make more excuses.

This is what our "participation trophy" society yields.