After Week 4's Game vs Giants, Cowboys have the worst separation group of WRs in the NFL

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
That's because our Cowboys were still able to win, albeit they struggled to gain only 20 points. There is no excuse for the Cowboys WR group to be ranked dead last in separation from their defenders, thus making it super difficult for Dak to throw darts in the smallest/tightest windows in the NFL.

What happened to McCarthy's new Texas Coast Offense? Why can't he scheme our WRs better to gain more separation which would help this offense score more points?

Should Coaches Mike McCarthy and Brian Schottenheimer do a much better job?

What say you?

Mr_437

Reaction score
If the DBs already know the route can you blame the WR?

Same thing happened early last season, and it's happening again like the OC regressed. McCarthy needs to give Shotty the OC job because if he's installing the plays he should call them on gameday, imho.

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
If the DBs already know the route can you blame the WR?

Same thing happened early last season, and it's happening again like the OC regressed. McCarthy needs to give Shotty the OC job because if he's installing the plays he should call them on gameday, imho.
Ties it all into what I posted earlier, what are they practicing, are they going over the sameeeeeeeeeeeee script they do every week, are they changing things up, do we need another team meeting to have the offense start to gel again. What was the point of camp, were we just going through the motions looking good, but weren't really good?

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
That's because our Cowboys were still able to win, albeit they struggled to gain only 20 points. There is no excuse for the Cowboys WR group to be ranked dead last in separation from their defenders, thus making it super difficult for Dak to throw darts in the smallest/tightest windows in the NFL.

What happened to McCarthy's new Texas Coast Offense? Why can't he scheme our WRs better to gain more separation which would help this offense score more points?

What say you?

What do I say?

It's Dak's fault. He is not throwing them open or throwing them to create separation

And the defensive struggles are partially, well mostly, well come to think of it entirely Dak's fault. He is unable to finish drives, can't stay on the field, this defense knows they have to take a lot of risks to compensate so they get caught and get tired.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
What do I say?

It's Dak's fault. He is not throwing them open or throwing them to create separation

And the defensive struggles are partially, well mostly, well come to think of it entirely Dak's fault. He is unable to finish drives, can't stay on the field, this defense knows they have to take a lot of risks to compensate so they get caught and get tired.
:laugh: :thumbup::flagwave:

Brax

Reaction score

What say you?

Right on cue, first off MM is terrible, second DC figured it out and play close cover. No run game to speak of, make Dak win and play from behind is the formula better teams use. DO is joke but it fits your narrative. MM doesn’t have AR to bail him out. The Texas toast O is a joke and Dak isn’t going to be successful with a clown like MM. 9 seasons in and multiple OC all running the same basic offense is Jerry’s fault hire a yes man who isn’t known for running the ball then give him low end RBs that makes it simple for DC to game plan against Dak isn’t the answer, Dak is paid as a difference maker unfortunately he hasn’t played like one. I know Dak walks on water in your opinion but unfortunately he doesn’t play like that against the better team. Simple make Dak beat you and you have a good chance to win the game.

doomsday9084

Reaction score
The WR group isn't good but I have to agree with AC here. After a few weeks last year, MM put pre snap motion into the offense . . . and it worked. Where the F did it go?

The offense never schemes WR's open and there are very few combo routes. McCarthy has maximized the difficulty level for Dak and Dak hasn't screwed it up yet (I'm no fan but I'll give credit where it is due). Regardless, I saw McCarthy draw up better plays last year. I'm not nuts. This is basically the same WR crew as last year and now they can't get open.

Brax

Reaction score
DDS!!!
20240807-134854.gif
Sad you didn’t even read the post before posting a reply.

BoysForLife

Reaction score
What do I say?

What a stupid post.

Nobody has said, or even implied, that the defensive issues are Dak's fault. Many just haven't allowed it to be used as cover for the obvious issues we have on the offensive side of the ball

Dak, the offense, the defense, pretty much everyone but the kicker has serious issues and they are all responsible for their own issues and for overcoming them

It would be cool if hardcore Stans could admit this instead of constantly backing the bus over everyone in sight in an effort to keep Dak above any blame

WillieBeamen

BoysfanfromNY
Reaction score
This is the same complaint that has spanned 2 different head coaches, 3 different coordinators, and several wide receivers now.

It was a complaint when Dez was here

It was a complaint when Amari was here

Its a complaint that Ceedee is here.

Maybe, just maybe the offense is being called/molded for the strengths of this QB

Wangchung83

Reaction score
You're lucky I'm not a mod. You would have been banned by now for attacks, false accusations and spreading wrong information.
lol, really what was false information? That’s really sad you feel that way, bc if it were true you would be a hypocrite. You are constantly attacking others for telling you the truth about dark and spread false information based on your own opinions. I just responded to your post the plotter day day and explained separation to you. Multiple members corrected you, gave you the definitions, and you still decided to post this thread. Doesn’t matter anymore, I believe other see exactly what you are doing.

BoysForLife

Reaction score
This is the same complaint that has spanned 2 different head coaches, 3 different coordinators, and several wide receivers now.

It was a complaint when Dez was here

It was a complaint when Amari was here

Its a complaint that Ceedee is here.

Maybe, just maybe the offense is being called/molded for the strengths weaknesses of this QB
FIFY

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I thought when linehan moved on we could finally burn that stupid play where 4 guys run 10 yards then hook back towards the QB. But no. Too many of this same routes are being used. They have got to find ways to help Dak hit guys in stride. In today's NFL especially without a run game to learn on you have to hit guys in motion or it's like your walking in quicksand.

Mannix

Reaction score
I called our WR corp bottom 5 in the NFL last August before the 2023 season and took tons of crap about it....a couple people here actually tried to tell me that with the acquisition of Cooks we were top 5....that statement was laughable then, and even more laughable now. Lamb is a flake and is not consistent enough game to game to be considered a TRUE #1....we actually do not have a TRUE #1, #2, or #3.

kumizi

Reaction score
The WR room outside of Lamb is awful. Cooks is washed. Tolbert is a bum.

Dak was having to throw dimes on Thursday just to complete 7-8 yard passes. I was like wow he’s having to be as accurate as I’ve ever seen just to barely beat the Giants. And I’m not a Dak guy.

This team is in trouble.