After Week 4's Game vs Giants, Cowboys have the worst separation group of WRs in the NFL

Blackspider214

Reaction score
Bro this seems to be the common issue every single week, I just don't get it!!! I see why, how much separation can you get when you run the same route practically all the time!???? Curl curl curl
BINGO. This isn't high school or college where you can just regularly run past your defender because the talent gap is very wide. This is the best of the best and everyone has speed. Sure, some are faster than others but the talent and speed gap is nothing like the lower level. Separation is usually gained in the NFL through scheme. That would be all coaching. No separation is gained running the most vanilla, basic routes and the defense can easily sit on them. It has been this way since Romo was playing with Garrett as his OC. I swear we are still running the Garrett offense, just under a new coach. This was not even close to what Mike ran with Green Bay.

Curls and outs is making your QB throw constantly into tight windows and the receiver isn't even running down field. If the ball is even off just a tad, can be easily picked off. We have no motion, no deception. Go look at the good offenses around the league on a yearly basis and how they scheme. Night and day compared to ours.

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
BINGO. This isn't high school or college where you can just regularly run past your defender because the talent gap is very wide. This is the best of the best and everyone has speed. Sure, some are faster than others but the talent and speed gap is nothing like the lower level. Separation is usually gained in the NFL through scheme. That would be all coaching. No separation is gained running the most vanilla, basic routes and the defense can easily sit on them. It has been this way since Romo was playing with Garrett as his OC. I swear we are still running the Garrett offense, just under a new coach. This was not even close to what Mike ran with Green Bay.

Curls and outs is making your QB throw constantly into tight windows and the receiver isn't even running down field. If the ball is even off just a tad, can be easily picked off. We have no motion, no deception. Go look at the good offenses around the league on a yearly basis and how they scheme. Night and day compared to ours.
Remember they only changed 30 percent of the offense, so 70 of it still belongs to you know who, because of YOU know who!!!!! Things have to be dumbed down to have a successful offense. You do these curl routes there's no room for any YAC it's catch and be tackled, maybe there's a few times where Lamb broke one because of a missed tackle

MikeT22

Reaction score
What do I say?

It's Dak's fault. He is not throwing them open or throwing them to create separation

And the defensive struggles are partially, well mostly, well come to think of it entirely Dak's fault. He is unable to finish drives, can't stay on the field, this defense knows they have to take a lot of risks to compensate so they get caught and get tired.
Team has multiple problems, and yeah, Dak is one of them.

I dont blame everything on Dak, but I also don’t blame everything else in order to excuse Dak.

The bulk of the blame lies with Jerry and Stephen and their total mismanagement of the roster, cap, coaching hires and atmosphere.

Blackspider214

Reaction score
Remember they only changed 30 percent of the offense, so 70 of it still belongs to you know who, because of YOU know who!!!!! Things have to be dumbed down to have a successful offense. You do these curl routes there's no room for any YAC it's catch and be tackled, maybe there's a few times where Lamb broke one because of a missed tackle
Our offense for so long is just rolling the ball out there and telling every guy to beat your man. When they can, yeah, it looks great. But this usually just works vs the lesser teams. Which is why Dallas can stack wins against inferior opponents. This does not work consistently against good teams, which is why Dallas over and over, loses past the wild card round in January and even often enough, they lose in that round, too.

I can't count how many players have commented on our offense and how basic it was. Ray Lewis called them out in 2008 when they ended Texas Stadium. Said they knew what was coming seemingly every play. This was Romo under Garrett. Same comments made for years after. If you have no real scheme or deception and the NFL coaches/defense knows what you are calling, it is extremely hard to win.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score

I dont blame everything on Dak, but I also don’t blame everything else in order to excuse Dak.

The bulk of the blame lies with Jerry and Stephen and their total mismanagement of the roster, cap, coaching hires and atmosphere.
Who is blaming everything else in order to excuse Dak?

The video I provided shows an NFL Pro site which takes stats on every position group. The WRs separation as a group ranking dead last in the NFL after the first 4 games part is what we are discussing here.

Blackspider214

Reaction score
Awww poor Daky-Poo, he's not playing with all-pros at every position anymore. I guess that's what you get for being a greedy bag chaser.

The funniest part is he could have waited and signed with a better team next year but instead he jumped on the old fool's offer. No one forced him to stay in Dallas with an organization that's going nowhere, he simply doesn't care about winning.

Playing with scrub WRs is not a problem for him, the fact his team will keep losing players and depth every year because his disgusting contract is eating all the cap is not a problem for him, the incompetent owner is not a problem for him. He's filthy rich, that's all that matters.

He knew what he was signing up for, he's no victim.
Ummmmm this roster was mismanaged well before he signed his extension lmao. This team will keep losing players because this front office has no vision. Go look at how many players the Rams went all in and signed and get back to me that a front office can't put a team together with big contracts. This was while Stafford had a huge contract and the salary cap was less back then. Dak's huge money hasn't even hit yet. Eagles hand out big contracts left and right and are doing just fine. Go look at their receiving core, and they just added Barkley. Hurts has his extension.

Y'all keep eating this garbage spewed out by the Jones circus that there's no money left over. This is the same front office that is paying one of the more scrub QBs in the league $5mill a year to hold a clipboard. The same ones who extended the likes of Jaylon Smith to a huge deal after one single fluke season.

Maybe after the next 30 years of winning zero, will some of y'all realize the root problems of the Cowboys is the decision makers, not the players.

You also realize this team will have plenty of money, if they want, to sign overrated Parsons and Diggs if they want to keep this some losing core together.

This front office did zero this offseason to address the issues at hand, in fact, they got worse.

BoyzBlaster

Reaction score
I would love to know how much of this is the QB can't throw guys open and they have to run a bunch of routes (curls, slants) that don't generate separation.

BoyzBlaster

Reaction score
This is the same complaint that has spanned 2 different head coaches, 3 different coordinators, and several wide receivers now.

It was a complaint when Dez was here

It was a complaint when Amari was here

Its a complaint that Ceedee is here.

Maybe, just maybe the offense is being called/molded for the strengths of this QB
Exactly.

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Our offense for so long is just rolling the ball out there and telling every guy to beat your man. When they can, yeah, it looks great. But this usually just works vs the lesser teams. Which is why Dallas can stack wins against inferior opponents. This does not work consistently against good teams, which is why Dallas over and over, loses past the wild card round in January and even often enough, they lose in that round, too.

I can't count how many players have commented on our offense and how basic it was. Ray Lewis called them out in 2008 when they ended Texas Stadium. Said they knew what was coming seemingly every play. This was Romo under Garrett. Same comments made for years after. If you have no real scheme or deception and the NFL coaches/defense knows what you are calling, it is extremely hard to win.
Wouldn't you love being a defensive coordinator getting ready to play against Dallas, you wouldn't have to do much lol

MarcusRock

Reaction score
I would love to know how much of this is the QB can't throw guys open and they have to run a bunch of routes (curls, slants) that don't generate separation.
You know, that is an interesting point. I've said for a while that one of Dak's weaknesses is that he can't throw bombs on target, nor does he even try often probably because he's not successful at it and it's a waste of a down. Therefore, your routes are going to be of the more compact variety and thus more likely to be defended closer because the field isn't being stretched.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Well...you just keep being wrong. Not Z....lol. Hilarious!

And of course you wanted results and care....or else you would have kept your little joke to yourself.
oh, sorry. are you Gen Alpha then?

why am I not allowed to Joke? or is that your generations rights only? it seems the little joke is getting under your skins more than it should. R E L A X

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Here's is some precious hypocrisy! You berating others for assuming emotional entanglements...while ordering THEM to..."R E L A X".

You just did to others what you lecture them about doing to you. My oh my hmm hmm hmm!
wait. what?

I want them to enjoy themselves as opposed to throwing hissy fits and being in emotional turmoil and looking for revenge like yourself.

enjoy life. *** everything else dude. have a drink on me. chill.

if you don't like my life lessons, then stop responding....seems it gets under your skin. although not intentional

and yes, I am a hypocrite. what is it to you? I am not offended at all. I wear it with pride. unlike you. ;)

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Who did you want to respond to? Sounds like you got over-emotional and lost your place...LOL.

If you are talking about me, my comment had NOTHING to do with you being "emotional and irrated".
see, there you go...like clock work. as predicated....taking the emotional angle yet again...doesn't fail with you Gen Z kids.

why are you so purturbed today. more than usual? did somebody pee in your coffee again? your dog perhaps? don't leave your cup on the floor.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score

hey Mike...thanks for the response.
I meant it in jest actually, but yeah, the source of our problems are the two joneses.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
oh, sorry. are you Gen Alpha then?

why am I not allowed to Joke? or is that your generations rights only? it seems the little joke is getting under your skins more than it should. R E L A X
I assure you I'm relaxed. As you denied others their accusations at you....i claim the same. Like them...not sure why you think you get people unrelaxed.

I apologize for not seeing your joke. But actually....you could have even more fun if only you had guessed right. Boomer jokes incoming!

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
I assure you I'm relaxed. As you denied others their accusations at you....i claim the same. Like them...not sure why you think you get people unrelaxed.

I apologize for not seeing your joke. But actually....you could have even more fun if only you had guessed right. Boomer jokes incoming!
oh, I am not a boomer...older than that. younger at heart...I am a really old fart, that's why I don't give a damn

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
see, there you go...like clock work. as predicated....taking the emotional angle yet again...doesn't fail with you Gen Z kids.

why are you so purturbed today. more than usual? did somebody pee in your coffee again? your dog perhaps? don't leave your cup on the floor.
If only you could stay on topic....this would go much nicer. You keep wanting to deflect and project....weird but [shrug] mkay!

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
oh, I am not a boomer...older than that. younger at heart...I am a really old fart, that's why I don't give a damn
For one i didn't say you were boomer i said I was....you guessed wrong with z.

You are older than a boomer? Wow...impressive! I will take more care respecting my elders!

Vtwin

Safety third
Reaction score

lol

One post after another. Always assigning emotions to others, as if you have even the slightest clue. Always taking personal shots. Not only insulting individual posters, but entire generations.

Like clockwork.

The biggest hypocrite on this forum. The posters here are not the cause of whatever problems you have, which are causing you to lash out incessantly.

I bet your dog pees a little every time you walk in the room.