After Week 4's Game vs Giants, Cowboys have the worst separation group of WRs in the NFL

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
You make multiple threads a day trying to convince everybody that none of the Cowboys issues are the fault of Dak. Then you go off on anybody who dares to disagree with you.

And you're accusing others of having emotional instability? :facepalm:
Hey, you Haters need to grow up a little and realize one can create topics of different group positions and how those players' performance is either helping or affecting the team. It doesn't have to be all and only about Dak!

Whirlwin

Cowboy , It’s a way of life.
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
What do I say?

It's Dak's fault. He is not throwing them open or throwing them to create separation

And the defensive struggles are partially, well mostly, well come to think of it entirely Dak's fault. He is unable to finish drives, can't stay on the field, this defense knows they have to take a lot of risks to compensate so they get caught and get tired.
He threw the ball too hard, how do they expect Turpin to catch that?

BoysForLife

Reaction score
Hey, you Haters need to grow up a little and realize one can create topics of different group positions and how those players' performance is either helping or affecting the team. It doesn't have to be all and only about Dak!
Yet, somehow, every single one of your threads is all and only about Dak. Specifically, propping up Dak

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
What do I say?

It's Dak's fault. He is not throwing them open or throwing them to create separation

And the defensive struggles are partially, well mostly, well come to think of it entirely Dak's fault. He is unable to finish drives, can't stay on the field, this defense knows they have to take a lot of risks to compensate so they get caught and get tired.
I imagine if you hadn't laid it on quite so thick you'd have gotten the result you wanted in your head.

Chocolate Lab

Run-loving Dino
Reaction score
I was about to say the same thing. Does Dak prefer throwing stop routes? We have been having this discussion about stop routes for more than a few seasons now. Kellen got a lot of the blame for that but here we are again...
No doubt in my mind that's what's happening. Dak has tremendous say in what happens with the offense, now more than ever with the new contract.

Did McCarthy run this stuff in Green Bay or anywhere else? No. There's a reason this offense too often looks like the same thing Garrett and Kellen ran. Because that's what Dak is comfortable with.

It's the only reason that makes sense.

JohnsKey19

Reaction score
No doubt in my mind that's what's happening. Dak has tremendous say in what happens with the offense, now more than ever with the new contract.

Did McCarthy run this stuff in Green Bay or anywhere else? No. There's a reason this offense too often looks like the same thing Garrett and Kellen ran. Because that's what Dak is comfortable with.

McCarthy is also not without blame. He got run out of GB due to a lot of the same stuff we're questioning now. I think there are several factors at play here.

BoysForLife

Reaction score

It's certainly a plausible theory, no matter how much and how vigorously the stans protest

Chocolate Lab

Run-loving Dino
Reaction score
McCarthy is also not without blame. He got run out of GB due to a lot of the same stuff we're questioning now. I think there are several factors at play here.
For running too many all-curls/all-goes?

Remember last year when McCarthy and Schottenheimer took over and we actually ran more bunch routes (as one example) like other teams? Why did we stop doing that? Because either Dak doesn't like it or the coaches decided Dak isn't good at it. My money would be more on the former.

Dak is the common denominator here.

JohnsKey19

Reaction score
For running too many all-curls/all-goes?

Remember last year when McCarthy and Schottenheimer took over and we actually ran more bunch routes (as one example) like other teams? Why did we stop doing that? Because either Dak doesn't like it or the coaches decided Dak isn't good at it. My money would be more on the former.

Dak is the common denominator here.
Im not arguing that. We have to question the QB's involvement in that pattern, no doubt about it.
Im also saying you cant absolve the HC whose recent history is being run out of town out by his longtime HOF QB for being bland/stale with his offensive schemes/play-calling. Like you said, things got rolling last season AFTER they modernized the passing game. Why we've gotten away from that to start the season makes no sense to me, as it benefits no-one involved.

Creeper

Reaction score
Besides CeeDee, who on the Cowboys roster consistently gets open. Dak throws to Cooks and he is rarely open. Lamb had 7 receptions on 8 targets. Cooks had 1 reception on 4 targets and you can picture him getting smothered on all of those targets. Tolbert had 3 receptions on 3 targets. So after CeeDee, the Cowboys had 4 receptions on 7 targets none to their 4th WR. And this was against a Giants team will backup CBs playing.

Good teams spread the ball around and make the defense defend the entire field. The Cowboys force the ball to Lamb and Cooks.

Our WR corp is mediocre. Don't buy the hype about Tolbert or Brooks. Neither of them is as good as Gallup was. And Cooks is not the guy we remember burning team with YAC. He can't even get open anymore.

The offense is bad because we do not have a lot of talent at the skill positions. Take CeeDee out of the game and Ferguson and the Cowboys have nothing.

tm1119

Reaction score
Our WR’s 2-4 are for sure below average, but an archaic offensive system only exacerbates the issue. There’s no scheming guys open or into space, everything is straightforward and relies on simply being better than the defense.

It’s painfully evident when the offense looks 10x better in the 2 minute offense with Dak improvising than it does when the offense is scripted in the beginning of the game.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
Our WR’s 2-4 are for sure below average, but an archaic offensive system only exacerbates the issue. There’s no scheming guys open or into space, everything is straightforward and relies on simply being better than the defense.

It’s painfully evident when the offense looks 10x better in the 2 minute offense with Dak improvising than it does when the offense is scripted in the beginning of the game.
Totally agree.

As you said, the offense moves and scores much better when Dak improvises a 2 minute offense. Reminds me of when Dak was allowed to call the plays during the last preseason game in 2023 for Will Grier and how Grier threw 3 TDs and for over 300 yards passing for a win.

NotForLong

Reaction score
Totally agree.

As you said, the offense moves and scores much better when Dak improvises a 2 minute offense. Reminds me of when Dak was allowed to call the plays during the last preseason game in 2023 for Will Grier and how Grier threw 3 TDs and for over 300 yards passing for a win.
Lol

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Yeah, Dak's detractors are the cult.

Lol

Ps, I never called you a stan. But I will say if that general description irritated you that badly then perhaps it hit a little bit closer to home than you'd care to admit
what is it with you GenZers, always looking for an emotional angle to everything...I don't get it. typical go to move or comment. make it an emotionally related thing somehow.
I never get irritated. unlike you and most others on this board. this is all entertainment. taken too seriously and you need your head examined (deeply). just enjoy it for what it is or its not...that's all. R E L A X

BoysForLife

Reaction score
what is it with you GenZers, always looking for an emotional angle to everything...I don't get it. typical go to move or comment. make it an emotionally related thing somehow.
I never get irritated. unlike you and most others on this board. this is all entertainment. taken too seriously and you need your head examined (deeply). just enjoy it for what it is or its not...that's all. R E L A X
???

Literally reads like you were responding to a post other than mine.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
the problem is you think I was looking for results....I am not a GenZer like yourself. I don't care about other people's opinion....
Well...you just keep being wrong. Not Z....lol. Hilarious!

And of course you wanted results and care....or else you would have kept your little joke to yourself.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Here's is some precious hypocrisy! You berating others for assuming emotional entanglements...while ordering THEM to..."R E L A X".

You just did to others what you lecture them about doing to you. My oh my hmm hmm hmm!