After Week 4's Game vs Giants, Cowboys have the worst separation group of WRs in the NFL

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
You know, that is an interesting point. I've said for a while that one of Dak's weaknesses is that he can't throw bombs on target, nor does he even try often probably because he's not successful at it and it's a waste of a down. Therefore, your routes are going to be of the more compact variety and thus more likely to be defended closer because the field isn't being stretched.
FALSE.

Here is what AI came up with:

AI Overview

Yes, Dallas Cowboys quarterback Dak Prescott is considered one of the NFL's top deep-ball passers:

2022 season
In 2022, Prescott had a 90.5 Pro Football Focus grade on throws of 20 yards or more, which was the best in the NFC East. He also had a 44% completion percentage on deep passes, which was better than Joe Burrow, Josh Allen, Aaron Rodgers, and Tom Brady.

2023 Next Gen Stats
Prescott was ranked among the NFL's best deep ball passers in 2023 by Next Gen Stats.

Deep passing attempts in 2022
In 2022, Prescott had 14 deep pass attempts, 484 yards, 5 touchdowns, 1 interception, and an 115.2 passer rating.

Deep completion percentage
Prescott's deep completion percentage was above expectation by +10.3%.

Deep passing score
Prescott's deep passing score was 99, which ranked in the top 10 and higher than Josh Allen, Joe Burrow, and Patrick Mahomes.

TexasBacon

Reaction score
Cleveland just restructured Amari's contract so if a team were to trade for him it would only cost like $1m towards this year's cap. If I'm Jerry I'm on the phone yesterday offering a 5th back to them, especially with all the comp picks we have.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
lol

One post after another. Always assigning emotions to others, as if you have even the slightest clue. Always taking personal shots. Not only insulting individual posters, but entire generations.

Like clockwork.

The biggest hypocrite on this forum. The posters here are not the cause of whatever problems you have, which are causing you to lash out incessantly.

I bet your dog pees a little every time you walk in the room.
ok. I am a hypocrite...ask me if I give a damn about your opinion? so your point?

and I am sure that you don't care about my opinion...oh wait... you chose to respond to my comment. I guess you do.
my dog doesn't just pee when I walk in the room. he takes a big runny smelly dump. your point?

you kids get distracted oh, so easily and just get emotional about every little thing....not sure what's wrong with this generation.

MarcusRock

Reaction score
FALSE.

Here is what AI came up with:

AI Overview

Yes, Dallas Cowboys quarterback Dak Prescott is considered one of the NFL's top deep-ball passers:

2022 season
In 2022, Prescott had a 90.5 Pro Football Focus grade on throws of 20 yards or more, which was the best in the NFC East. He also had a 44% completion percentage on deep passes, which was better than Joe Burrow, Josh Allen, Aaron Rodgers, and Tom Brady.

2023 Next Gen Stats
Prescott was ranked among the NFL's best deep ball passers in 2023 by Next Gen Stats.

Deep passing attempts in 2022
In 2022, Prescott had 14 deep pass attempts, 484 yards, 5 touchdowns, 1 interception, and an 115.2 passer rating.

Deep completion percentage
Prescott's deep completion percentage was above expectation by +10.3%.

Deep passing score
Prescott's deep passing score was 99, which ranked in the top 10 and higher than Josh Allen, Joe Burrow, and Patrick Mahomes.
I said bombs. "Deep ball" is considered 20 yards+ by these stats. I'm talking quick-strike long passes like the one Carr laid on us in the New Orleans game. Dak doesn't do those well and doesn't attempt them much probably because they aren't something he's good at. So my point stands. If your passes hardly ever include long bombs like those then defenders are more likely to be compacted into shorter areas which logically would cut down on separation because no one's going deep or being attempted deep (long ball deep, not 20 yards "deep").

BoysForLife

Reaction score
You know, that is an interesting point. I've said for a while that one of Dak's weaknesses is that he can't throw bombs on target, nor does he even try often probably because he's not successful at it and it's a waste of a down. Therefore, your routes are going to be of the more compact variety and thus more likely to be defended closer because the field isn't being stretched.
When Donte Whitner made his postgame rant after SF dogwalked us last year a lot of people took umbrage with his choice of words but this was one of his main points.

In his opinion because of Dak's limitations the Cowboys offense was operating at a limited capacity (cutting off half the field was his wording if I recall correctly)

Sounds very similar to what you are saying here although you put it a lot more diplomatically than whitner did.

I think you are both onto something

Mr_437

Reaction score
Ewwww I forgot Shotty has the OC title.

From his Wiki Page, this all sounds too familiar:
On January 12, 2021, Schottenheimer was fired by the Seahawks following the Seahawks' Wild Card loss to the Los Angeles Rams due to "philosophical differences".[9] Despite a torrid start to the 2020 season which saw career highs for quarterback Russell Wilson in touchdowns and completion percentage, Seattle's offense struggled considerably during the final weeks, with Schottenheimer taking the brunt of the scrutiny due to lack of creativity in the offense and adjustments to the scheme. Regardless, the Seahawks set their franchise record for points scored in a season with 459.
Wow, so familiar.