Agent: Can the Cowboys afford not to give Dak a record-breaking extension

Ken

Reaction score
Lol. The minute you and I are on the same page is the minute I need to re examine my position
Yes, if you want to be wrong.

Only thing I am consistently wrong about is how far we go in the playoffs....for that I have no explanation.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
I 100% agree with you that no QB “Carries” teams to superbowls.

That being said, the biggest issue I have is Dak has been awful in the playoffs. It’s a trend now that can’t be ignored. I’m not asking him or any QB to “carry” the team in the playoffs but recently he has been actively hurting the team in the playoffs.

That’s why I personally am ready to move on.
I agree with you. I said in the previous post that my issue isn't him "carrying" the team. I need him to be the reason we win. Not the reason we lost. I can't say that. The last 3 losses in the playoffs he has not helped us win. Trust i'm one of his biggest fans. If he loses 40 to 50 i'm gonna say he did all he could. But I can't say that. The score was 32 to 48 but it really looked like 0 to 50 to me.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
The biggest issue to me with moving on from Dak is how? How do you find the 20 mil we are over the cap already? I’m all for making the moves that improve the team. And that may mean a change at QB but it’s not as simple as trading or cutting him. I means you have to make several other moves to fix cap and trading away micah and lamb doesn’t get you all that much cap space
Well i've suggested moving on from Dak because its a rebuild. For me. If you aren't rebuilding then no you extend him and build on what you had last year. Its not ideal but you can't do both. You can't say get rid of Dak but then extend Lamb and Micah. It makes no sense. The answer isn't Jimmy G or Kirk Cousins or none of these other guys.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
I think bill could be huge in the short term. Obviously at his age he’s not a long term answer but your roster in the nfl isn’t long term. We have to either rebuild completely which has huge cap implications. Or move a few pieces and add some talent with a new coach who can get the most out of the talent we have. We have a competitive amount of talent but we aren’t getting the most out of them
Remember Bill's rosters were never filled with a lot of Super Stars.........just hungry smart players.

CrownCowboy

Reaction score
Many fans knew in 2016 that him and his limitations gives us absolutely no real chance to contend for a title. Eight years later our owner still has no clue.

He's going to extend him and the nightmare will continue.

Cebrin

Reaction score
In other words, there is no clean way out of this for many fans.......take your pick. Good luck! (lol) This is messy.......

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/...ive-dak-prescott-a-record-breaking-extension/

Agent's Take: Can Cowboys afford not to give Dak Prescott a record-breaking extension?​

The Cowboys are in a financial pickle when it comes to their franchise QB​

By Joel Corry

54 mins ago•8 min read

The Dallas Cowboys' season came to a shocking end in the wild-card playoff round with a 48-32 home loss to the Green Bay Packers. A No. 7 seed hadn't won a postseason game since the NFL expanded the playoffs to 14 teams in the 2020 season.

Cowboys quarterback Dak Prescott took his share of the blame for the historic upset loss. "I sucked tonight, that was it," said Prescott postgame.

Prescott completed 41 of 60 passes (68.3%) for 403 yards with three touchdowns and two interceptions, including one for a pick six. The stat line is misleading because Prescott did most of his damage in garbage time. Green Bay's first-year starting quarterback Jordan Love thoroughly outplayed Prescott. After trailing the Packers 48-16 in the fourth quarter, Prescott connected on 17 of 21 passes (81%) for 210 yards with two touchdowns.

They won't do it, but I'd trade the house for picks and rebuild. I'd rather they suck with a genuine excuse than suck with all of this "talent" and pick at the bottom every year.

conner01

Reaction score
Well i've suggested moving on from Dak because its a rebuild. For me. If you aren't rebuilding then no you extend him and build on what you had last year. Its not ideal but you can't do both. You can't say get rid of Dak but then extend Lamb and Micah. It makes no sense. The answer isn't Jimmy G or Kirk Cousins or none of these other guys.
We couldn’t sign a jimmy g or cousins anyway
I’d love to move on and do a mini rebuild but just don’t see how. And with MM coming back it’s almost certain Dak is getting extended

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
We couldn’t sign a jimmy g or cousins anyway
I’d love to move on and do a mini rebuild but just don’t see how. And with MM coming back it’s almost certain Dak is getting extended
I made that post before I saw Mike was coming back. Rebuild out now. Probably never was realistic but no point in me even talking about it now. Because the only thing worse than bringing McCarthy back is rebuilding with McCarthy.

conner01

Reaction score
Remember Bill's rosters were never filled with a lot of Super Stars.........just hungry smart players.
He’s like parcells in that he gets the most out of players. That’s what we lack. So many of our guys under perform. But with MM coming back I suspect very little change or change in results

diamonddelts

Reaction score
Pay that man! He is the Most Valuable Bottomfeeder and deserves to be paid as such.

Jarv

Loud pipes saves lives.
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Belichick is famous for trading big name player (Seymour) for picks. Outside of Brady no one waa safe.

Chasing6

Reaction score
In other words, there is no clean way out of this for many fans.......take your pick. Good luck! (lol) This is messy.......

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/...ive-dak-prescott-a-record-breaking-extension/

Agent's Take: Can Cowboys afford not to give Dak Prescott a record-breaking extension?​

The Cowboys are in a financial pickle when it comes to their franchise QB​

By Joel Corry

54 mins ago•8 min read

The Dallas Cowboys' season came to a shocking end in the wild-card playoff round with a 48-32 home loss to the Green Bay Packers. A No. 7 seed hadn't won a postseason game since the NFL expanded the playoffs to 14 teams in the 2020 season.

Cowboys quarterback Dak Prescott took his share of the blame for the historic upset loss. "I sucked tonight, that was it," said Prescott postgame.

Prescott completed 41 of 60 passes (68.3%) for 403 yards with three touchdowns and two interceptions, including one for a pick six. The stat line is misleading because Prescott did most of his damage in garbage time. Green Bay's first-year starting quarterback Jordan Love thoroughly outplayed Prescott. After trailing the Packers 48-16 in the fourth quarter, Prescott connected on 17 of 21 passes (81%) for 210 yards with two touchdowns.

Pretty sure Jerry new all of this when he traded for Trey Lance. So let's wait and see what his master plan is.

gtdRR

Reaction score
Welp, I'm sold run it back!

Honestly, I don't care who is the coach or the QB, while Jerruh is still the GM it doesn't even matter.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
He’s like parcells in that he gets the most out of players. That’s what we lack. So many of our guys under perform. But with MM coming back I suspect very little change or change in results
Fans are upset and frustrated, I get that but I'm not surprised. I will say this.......Jerry has to feel pretty strongly about MM to resist the urge to fire him with Harbaugh, Belichick and Vrabel all on the market.

conner01

Reaction score
I made that post before I saw Mike was coming back. Rebuild out now. Probably never was realistic but no point in me even talking about it now. Because the only thing worse than bringing McCarthy back is rebuilding with McCarthy.
It’s really hard to be optimistic about the near future when Jerry seems to be content with winning 12 games and losing in the playoffs. I don’t get the logic of bringing MM back

conner01

Reaction score
Fans are upset and frustrated, I get that but I'm not surprised. I will say this.......Jerry has to feel pretty strongly about MM to resist the urge to fire him with Harbaugh, Belichick and Vrabel all on the market.
MM must have some pictures lol
I don’t get it. I’m generally a see the bright side of things guy but I don’t see how you could bring MM back with 3 goid options out there. All who have proven they are good coaches and a couple who have won as much as us with a lot less talent

Jarv

Loud pipes saves lives.
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
It is so weird how so many just flippantly throw Dak in the garbage. Whenever i see it, I look at the person who said it and remember it so i know i am dealing with a casual football fan the next time I interact.

It is honestly so moronic that it makes my head hurt.
Ditto, dealing with Dak stans.