***Aggy/tu game thread***

calico

Reaction score
What a pathetic showing by the horns...I have never seen the wheels fall off a team before like this before-went from probably backing into the MNC game to losing to a lousy K-State team and a one-dimensional A&M team...at home.

That was some of the most uninspired football I have ever seen...did the team even have a heartbeat?

A&M came to play and did not let Texas off the hook...congrats to them...they obviously wanted it more.

I hope OU wins because I don't want to see the same crap next week because Nebraska would **** stomp Texas.

I really hope to see some offensive and defensive philosophy changes. I am ready for a bigger running back and a more power running game please.

Kangaroo

Reaction score
Well Dennis is smilling because that win just saved his job

:eek:

The Aggies need to find some people that can catch the ball and get a passing game going if they want to become big time

The30YardSlant

Benched
Reaction score
Kangaroo;1186188 said:
Well Dennis is smilling because that win just saved his job

:eek:

The Aggies need to find some people that can catch the ball and get a passing game going if they want to become big time

We just ran for 244 yards against the #1 run defense in college football. We didnt need to pass

jimmy40

Reaction score
HeavyHitta31;1186193 said:
We just ran for 244 yards against the #1 run defense in college football. We didnt need to pass
You got that right, Bryan High would have put 200 on the horns today. What a pathetic lack of effort by the Horns.

Cbz40

The Grand Poobah
Reaction score
Congrats Aggies....You played a very fine game today.
The winning drive was executed beautifully.

The cheapshot on McCoy near the end of the game was atrocious and uncalled for. :(

calico

Reaction score
Cbz40;1186353 said:

The cheapshot on McCoy near the end of the game was atrocious and uncalled for. :(

yeah, I knew Texas was probably going to lose when they lead by one, had a 3rd and 5 at midfield and were not aggressive at all...they were just asking for them to go on that drive.

That was a horrible cheapshot on McCoy and I would be disappointed in Fran if he does not bring some sort of action down on that player...just cowardly.

I am more concerned as to why Texas has failed to show up against A&M the past 2 years now...they have not played with any passion or heart.

They half assed their way to 40 points last year and did not have the special teams and Ramonce Taylor's explosive runs to bail them out this year.

I just don't understand why they don't get up for A&M. I told my aggie friend early in the first quarter that the dead stadium and lifeless horns were in for a long day if they did not change it around quickly.

Natedawg44

Reaction score
calico;1186435 said:
yeah, I knew Texas was probably going to lose when they lead by one, had a 3rd and 5 at midfield and were not aggressive at all...they were just asking for them to go on that drive.

That was a horrible cheapshot on McCoy and I would be disappointed in Fran if he does not bring some sort of action down on that player...just cowardly.

I am more concerned as to why Texas has failed to show up against A&M the past 2 years now...they have not played with any passion or heart.

They half assed their way to 40 points last year and did not have the special teams and Ramonce Taylor's explosive runs to bail them out this year.

I just don't understand why they don't get up for A&M. I told my aggie friend early in the first quarter that the dead stadium and lifeless horns were in for a long day if they did not change it around quickly.

You can directly attribute it to Mack Brown. It takes a once in a lifetime player at the games most important position for him to win a Big XII championship and be a contender for a national championship. He can't do it with superior talent at most positions like most top teams would.

calico

Reaction score
Natedawg44;1186728 said:
You can directly attribute it to Mack Brown. It takes a once in a lifetime player at the games most important position for him to win a Big XII championship and be a contender for a national championship. He can't do it with superior talent at most positions like most top teams would.

I will agree that Mack is not a great motivator when it comes to getting players amped up, but he is great at calming them when they are over hyped.

It was not just VY who did it all for Mack, far from it. Last years Texas team was a ****ing machine running on all cylinders...especially the secondary in Huff and Griffin...losing them was killer.Texas will continue to be a national contender for the next years to come.

He sure as hell did alright this season until the defense fell apart and injuries took hold, but not getting the team up for a rivalry game 2 years in a row is not good.

Draegerman

Internet Somebody
Reaction score
MC KAos;1185908 said:
i hope the spurs spank the mavs to make me feel better now, good luck to the aggs in the holiday bowl

Ummm...yea, about that, MC KAos...let's just say that today simply wasn't your day. ;)

Natedawg44

Reaction score
calico;1186764 said:
I will agree that Mack is not a great motivator when it comes to getting players amped up, but he is great at calming them when they are over hyped.

It was not just VY who did it all for Mack, far from it. Last years Texas team was a ****ing machine running on all cylinders...especially the secondary in Huff and Griffin...losing them was killer.Texas will continue to be a national contender for the next years to come.

He sure as hell did alright this season until the defense fell apart and injuries took hold, but not getting the team up for a rivalry game 2 years in a row is not good.

Its as simple as this no VY no championship. You could have put VY on up to 10 different teams last year and they would have won it. He was that good. Once in a generation type of player.

The30YardSlant

Benched
Reaction score
Natedawg44;1187769 said:
Its as simple as this no VY no championship. You could have put VY on up to 10 different teams last year and they would have won it. He was that good. Once in a generation type of player.

I don't know about that. Last year's Texas team was LOADED from top to bottom, probably the best all-around team, offensively and defensively, since the 1995 Nebraska team that won every single game by double digits. Going to the shoe at night and winning is something that just doesnt happen. Beating a Leinhart/Bush led USC team is something you just dont do. Yes Texas did both. It wasnt all Vince Young. Losing Michael Huff, Rodrique Wright, David Thomas, etc. hurt just as badly.

jimmy40

Reaction score
Cbz40;1186353 said:

Explains why Miami was high on that guy.

Natedawg44

Reaction score
HeavyHitta31;1187774 said:
I don't know about that. Last year's Texas team was LOADED from top to bottom, probably the best all-around team, offensively and defensively, since the 1995 Nebraska team that won every single game by double digits. Going to the shoe at night and winning is something that just doesnt happen. Beating a Leinhart/Bush led USC team is something you just dont do. Yes Texas did both. It wasnt all Vince Young. Losing Michael Huff, Rodrique Wright, David Thomas, etc. hurt just as badly.

But you don't beat either Ohio State or Oklahoma State without Vince Young and you certainly don't be USC. A loaded team is nothing new to Mack Brown, the once in a lifetime player is.

The30YardSlant

Benched
Reaction score
Oh, and it was offensive PI on Sweed

pi.GIF

joseephuss

Reaction score
burmafrd;1187610 said:
Has any coach done less with more talent then Mack Brown?

Some of that talent has been overblown. The people who thought there would be little dropoff in talent on the defense this year didn't truly appreciate Rodrigue Wright, Michael Huff and Cedric Griffith. Michael Griffith was way over rated. He represents every unfair criticizm of Roy Williams. He is terrible in coverage, whether it is zone or man to man. The only one worse is his brother. He also really isn't much at run support. He is a good athlete and a heavy hitter, but he is not a good tackler and doesn't have good instincts for a DB.

On offense, people kept saying that the offensive line would be great. I never saw it. I thought they were good, but they were not great. They could never take over a game. They really lacked explosive play makers on offense. Funny to say about a team that was high scoring, but it showed in the tough games. There was obviously no Vince Young, but there also was not a Ramonce Taylor. A guy who could create big plays out of nothing.

Sure Texas had talent, but it was not an over abundance of talent as was talked about in the pre-season.

Also, it isn't just about talent. The best players have a great combination of talent and heart. I think many would agree that Reggie McNeal was more talented than Stephen McGee, but McGee has that IT factor of heart and determination that McNeal didn't. He is the better player. It is up to the coaches to find out which players have that good combination. Mack Brown failed at that when he chose Simms over Applewhite a few years ago.

joseephuss

Reaction score
HeavyHitta31;1190747 said:
Oh, and it was offensive PI on Sweed

pi.GIF

It should have been called on both players. Both pushed off and extended their arms. Even with the call, McCoy made a horrible decision along with a bad throw to turn it over. Cost Texas a chance for at least 3 points. They also lost a chance for at least 3 points when they went for the 4th down on their first drive. That was a bad coaching decision. The big 270 lb back hasn't done anything all year and yet he is the one put in at an early critical point. Kind of the opposite of what Fran wasn't doing with Lane against OU. A&M forced some mistakes and took adavantage of other unforced mistakes by Texas. A great win for A&M.