Aikman, Bledsoe, Romo - 'enough is enough' Moment

Status
Not open for further replies.

chuck520

Reaction score
Fans are getting desperate and making ridiculous pronouncements instead of thinking this through rationally. Thats how Steinbrenner use to run the Yankees.

chuck520

Reaction score
I’d rather roll the dice than see the same thing year after year. You forget KC had Alex Smith at QB who’s basically Dak when they went all in on Mahomes moving up in the draft. The smart teams don’t wait for the wheels to completely fall off.
You would rather lose your way than win with Dak

chuck520

Reaction score
Nope, never, not me.
I would much rather start turning the page and trying to discover the next starting QB that at least has some upside.
Dak is stuck in the mud, and the fan base is stuck with Jerry and son supporting him.
You have alot of faith in this front office to do a total rebuild

chuck520

Reaction score
The problem with a guy like Dak is it’s easier said than done to find a better replacement. Yes, in a perfect world we’d have a Mahomes,Burrow, Allen etc. but it can get ugly quick if you try and upgrade and flop on it.
grass is greener on the other side

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Fans are getting desperate and making ridiculous pronouncements instead of thinking this through rationally. Thats how Steinbrenner use to run the Yankees.
steinbrenner-george.gif

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
What exactly is the team going to win with Dak, especially with paying Dak even more money?
He is going to win his fans...as long as Dak is the QB of this team, JJ and Dak's fans are happy as a lark.

He can win 12 games a season and everything is wonderful. He blows the meaningful games because of the pressure, then it was the team around him.

In the meantime...JJ is out floating his boat, Dak is counting his froggys and buying cars, thinking, "Man, I sure do love Jerra...I can't wait until we meet again".

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Nope, never, not me.
I would much rather start turning the page and trying to discover the next starting QB that at least has some upside.
Dak is stuck in the mud, and the fan base is stuck with Jerry and son supporting him.
It could take years trying to discover the next starting QB. Washington has been trying to replace Kirk Cousins the past 6 years with no luck. It’s cost them 2 head coaches and several draft picks including a first rounder. The Cowboys would end up just like them without Dak. That’s what I call stuck in the mud. I’m not turning the page until I have a proven QB in house.

Hadenough

Reaction score
He fails in all big regular season games against the best teams as well...this isn't just a post season thing!
Yeah you can go down their schedule and check off all the playoff teams as losses.

nobody

Reaction score
The problem with a guy like Dak is it’s easier said than done to find a better replacement. Yes, in a perfect world we’d have a Mahomes,Burrow, Allen etc. but it can get ugly quick if you try and upgrade and flop on it.
But you'll never get better unless you try. They don't try. That's the problem, so we're doomed to playoff choking.

KMY_Amber

Reaction score
Yeah you can go down their schedule and check off all the playoff teams as losses.
And 70% of this reason, if not more, is because of McCarthy and Quinn and their Big Game coaching acumen. No, I don't trust Dak, yet...but he's being hamstrung by poor offensive game plans in most Big Game and a headcoach who can't seem to minimize penalties from his players. And in those Big Games, he often can't count on the defense either...again, with a coach who seems to always lose the chess match.

Dak has to play better, but without better Big Game coaching, I think it's a moot point.

Reactions: CWR

CWR

Reaction score
Add Dak to this list. Just plain had enough. Time to move on. Don't care about the cap hit. Don't care about who will play QB.

I remember seeing it with Aikman getting hurt again and again. Gametime decision and can't go because of another back issue. Gets concussed again. He just wasn't the same and father time caught up to him and he just wasn't good any longer. It was painfully evident that it was time to move on. Didn't matter who. Just give me something different.

I remember watching that statue Bledsoe play horrible and screaming at Parcells to put in Romo. Just had enough and wanted something else at QB. Didn't care what Romo did. Just give me something different.

I remember the bipolar hot/cold Romo hurting his back on a little hit in a meaningless preseason game. Just had enough and wanted something else at QB. Didn't care what Dak did. Just give me something different.

2 INTs and down 27-0 at home in a playoff game. Just had enough and wanted something new at QB. I don't care what Lance or Rush or some vet QB does. Just give me something different at QB.

Dak will roughly give you 8 good games, 5 mediocre games, and 5 absolute stinker games every year. So, there is a 5/18 chance (28%) of Dak stinking up any one game. Not going to string 3 or more wins in a row when you dial up a stinker nearly one out of every 3 or 4 games.

I think the entire Cowboy fan base felt the same at that time with Aikman, Bledsoe, and Romo. Just as they do with Dak today. The time is ripe for change at QB.
I think Dak will give us more than 8 good games, BUT I totally agree with the premise.

Enough is enough. This group can't get it done.

They will never have a better opportunity than the road they faced this year.

Its time to move forward and begin again.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I’d rather roll the dice than see the same thing year after year. You forget KC had Alex Smith at QB who’s basically Dak when they went all in on Mahomes moving up in the draft. The smart teams don’t wait for the wheels to completely fall off.
The grass is always greener huh?

CCBoy

Reaction score
Some people have returned to 2016. Nothing wrong with wanting change as long as that expecting better is not guaranteed.

In Dallas, the final roster decision-maker remains Jerry Jones. His most recent GM rationale was going rogue and acquiring a former, high, first round quarterback, who was kicked to the curb for a fourth round draft pick. Genius.

Duke Tobin, Cincinnati Bengals​

Technically, the Bengals don’t have a “general manager” title. But the architect responsible for their on-field product is Duke Tobin, their director of player personnel for over two decades. In his time, Tobin has mostly struck the right chords as Cincinnati’s master puppeteer.

From 2005 to 2015, the Bengals qualified for the postseason on seven occasions. When it was time to tear the Marvin Lewis/Carson Palmer/Andy Dalton era down, Tobin didn’t miss. He made Joe Burrow — a superstar quarterback — the centerpiece of his rebuild. Then he added Ja’Marr Chase and Tee Higgins. That trio amplified an already promising defensive core of DJ Reader, Sam Hubbard and Trey Hendrickson. And when he had to keep Burrow upright, Tobin wasted no time investing in three offensive line starters — Ted Karras, Alex Cappa and Orlando Brown Jr.

Suffice it to say: Tobin is responsible for the Bengals becoming a marquee team and a genuine Super Bowl contender (as long as Burrow is their quarterback). I don’t envision him leaving the top five any time soon.

https://ftw.usatoday.com/lists/nfl-gm-rankings-2023-best-worst-howie-roseman-george-paton

John Lynch, San Francisco 49ers​

His first-round picks leave a lot to be desired — especially Trey Lance — but Lynch has still managed to construct a Super Bowl heavyweight in San Francisco. Lynch’s 49ers have played in three of the last four NFC title games because they’re stacked with difference-making skill players and destructive defensive buzzsaws. From George Kittle and Deebo Samuel to Fred Warner and Talanoa Hufanga, these are all guys Lynch has brought to town.

Thanks to Lynch’s instrumental hand, San Francisco is in a position to win its first Super Bowl in almost three decades. A word of advice to him, though: I’d try to keep Nick Bosa happy at all costs.

https://ftw.usatoday.com/lists/nfl-gm-rankings-2023-best-worst-howie-roseman-george-paton

Brandon Beane, Buffalo Bills​

Beane’s Bills have been so consistently successful that his former assistant GM, Joe Schoen, now leads his own operation with the New York Giants. And I can’t blame anyone for emulating Buffalo right now. Five playoff berths in six seasons. Drafting a very raw Josh Allen and turning him into perhaps the most successful development story in NFL lore. And a gifted roster with justifiable Super Bowl aspirations as long as No. 17 is their quarterback.

I have my qualms about how Beane chooses to help Allen on the field. Fun fact: You are allowed to add more receivers alongside Stefon Diggs! That said, Beane is still a top-dog executive.

Status
Not open for further replies.