Twitter: Aikman: "Dak is one of the best young players that I've been around"

Scotman

Reaction score
I'm going with the opinions of random internet board members over a guy who couldn't throw more than 11 touchdowns a year until his fourth year in the league.

/s

Captain-Crash

Reaction score
it wasn't six months ago you crack heads were hating on Troy because he had said some negative things to say about him. lmao. this is almost as good as the garrett love fest when someone said something good about him. how's that work out.

Kwyn

Reaction score

We don’t care what Troy says. We hate Dak. I mean, we love Troy, only second to Roger. And yeah, those Super Bowls were awesome. And, when he rags on Jerry we like that. Hell yeah.

But when he’s saying anything good about Dak he’s the worlds biggest moron

/s

rags747

Reaction score
I think everyone already knows what kind of guy and what kind of leader Dak is. The question marks come up as to what kind of QB he is. Listen, I know he is not Mahomes, but I do believe we can win big with him. Just need a really great supporting cast.

Kwyn

Reaction score
Yep! Hey! They played high school ball! They watch the NFL A LOT! They know so much more than a three-time super bowl champion, hall-of-fame QB.
Played high school ball?

You give them too much credit.

Maybe they played pee-wee. They tried out for the middle school team in sixth grade but they were already kinda fat and couldn’t finish the first practice without having to lie down after the four laps the coach made everyone run.

now they just pound down a 12 pack of bud light every Sunday and scream at the TV

Blake

Reaction score
Played high school ball?

You give them too much credit.

Maybe they played pee-wee. They tried out for the middle school team in sixth grade but they were already kinda fat and couldn’t finish the first practice without having to lie down after the four laps the coach made everyone run.

now they just pound down a 12 pack of bud light every Sunday and scream at the TV

Cool story bro.

Kwyn

Reaction score
Yet another long reading thread. Need a magnifying glass to even see it. I want PICTURES! :laugh:

Not only his Elvis, Staubach likes the kid as well. Imagine dak all you "he only won one playoff" cry baby Haters! :lmao:
We hate Roger too. Well, we love him to death. He’s the greatest Cowboy of all time. captain America! He’s only second to our lord and savior Tom Landry.

But! If he agrees with Troy and says something good about Dak he is also a complete moron.

And if Force Ghost Landry were to come down from Heaven and say something good about Dak, we would hate on him too.

If they would forsake Dak and hate on him like we do, all would be forgiven and they could go back into the Ring of Honor that we keep in our heart.

Hadenough

Reaction score
This smoke screen sounds like Aikman is kissing up to Jerry looking for a GM job. Does anyone really think that Aikman would come out and say Dak has issues and I wouldnt pay him. And that he really isnt that good. Or that Dak has the weakest arm in the league. These guys try to support each other so his opinion is biased towards Dak. He even back tracked after saying accuracy cant be fixed which by the way is correct. If Daks not accurate by now he never will be.

Kwyn

Reaction score
This smoke screen sounds like Aikman is kissing up to Jerry looking for a GM job. Does anyone really think that Aikman would come out and say Dak has issues and I wouldnt pay him. And that he really isnt that good. Or that Dak has the weakest arm in the league. These guys try to support each other so his opinion is biased towards Dak. He even back tracked after saying accuracy cant be fixed which by the way is correct. If Daks not accurate by now he never will be.

Did you not see all the posts a couple of months ago after Troy called out Jerry for being a meddlesome owner?

“ … just because he’s been real stubborn and steadfast in that he’s the one in charge. I think in a lot of ways, until that changes, this team’s going to have some problems.”
Does that sound like someone kissing up to Jerry?

I think you might be kissing up to the bong if that’s your read on this.

Miller

ARTIST FORMERLY KNOWN AS TEXASFROG
Reaction score
I don’t mind what Troy said at all about Dak the player. It’s his opinion and he is a HOF QB. My issue was the blanket statement of Jerry should just pay him. Really? Just blank check him? That’s dangerous.

gjkoeppen

Reaction score
Aikman receives almost as much hate on his board as Dak because fans can’t stand him as a commentator. He’s been lumped with Joe Buck. Their distain for Aikman in the broadcast booth has made some question how good a football player he was. lol

Aikman has publicly said that he's been harder on the Cowboys during Cowboys games because he doesn't want people to say he's just a homer like Boomer Esiason was when he first retired from the bengals. Anyone who's disdained for Aikman because of how or what he says in a TV booth proves they actually know nothing about football What or how he says in the booth has zero to do with what his actual QB abilities were when he played.

Big D

Reaction score
You've gotta at least acknowledge the fact that #8 does not say things to make people happy. He's not a homer. He's sometimes been overly critical of the boys. Sure he said that Dak has had accuracy issues but given those issues he still considers him one the best playing right now. You can say whatever you want but it is what it is.

Reactions: G2

Kaiser

Reaction score
it wasn't six months ago you crack heads were hating on Troy because he had said some negative things to say about him. lmao. this is almost as good as the garrett love fest when someone said something good about him. how's that work out.

This would be really insulting if it wasn't written at a fourth grade level. Maybe you could take some online English courses and tell us how's that work out.

Captain-Crash

Reaction score
This would be really insulting if it wasn't written at a fourth grade level. Maybe you could take some online English courses and tell us how's that work out.
the word is works, guess you only made it to the 3rd grade

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
I still do. I know that proper mechanics help accuracy a whole lot but man you know what, some guys just have that born into them and they can flat throw the ball. But still in all, Dak has accuracy issue and you and I have discussed issues long enough that I think we both know that. Not saying he's terrible in all phases, that's not the case but what I am saying is that he does not look like a natural thrower to me and for him, accuracy is always going to be a struggle. He needs his mechanics to be on point all the time or he struggles.

That's just my opinion on it though.
I’ll be honest. I don’t think he’s the pure passer that let’s say Mahomes is but I think his accuracy is greatly exaggerated. He throws a few bad passes a game just like every other qb.

cern

Reaction score
Nothing troy says will influence Stephen who will either sign dak or tag him. No harm, no foul.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
LOL.....Yeah well, that's nice Troy.
Next question....

Would you throw any player under the bus having been a player yourself?
Who would you say is terrible, Troy?

Fake news. Its called being tactful. "If you can't say something nice, you don't say anything at all (especially true of your peers)."
You sure don’t know very much do you. Troy has criticized many QB’s during his broadcasting career. Even Dak early on about his accuracy. But Dak has fixed that problem and who would know better than Troy? Certainly not you. You’ve shown your ignorance over and over again here.