Aikman exposed Kellen Moore

Kingofholland

Reaction score
Not sure if anyone heard, but Troy was very critical of our passing game. He mentioned how there was on one play 2 wide receivers not even looking like they're running routes. When we tried to get a first down, NONE of the wide receivers were even close to the first down marker!!

I noticed that we lacked QUICK passing plays against a defense that brought pressure seemingly every play. Did anyone see this or hear this, what are your thoughts

This offense really struggles against pressure when missing Tyron. Criticism of Moore is deserved, because he did nothing to counter. Quick passes and screens can slow the rush. We did very little of this. When we did do quick passes, they were usually for a couple yards or losses towards the sideline. I also would have liked to see more commitment to the run as Aikman mentioned. We ran up the middle with little effectiveness and could have spread out the d with a HB toss or sweeps.

Zman5

Reaction score
I'm sure Cooper going out on a day before travel day didn't help but KM should have adjusted to more of a quick pass game seeing our OL getting man handled.
I was surprised we didn't use Pollard more early also as he was getting good positive yards when he was in.

Buzzbait

Reaction score
I blame Prescott for not reading a defense...and getting rid of the ball fast enough....and missing throws...first play of the game being a prime example. KC started in zone...almost got burned...then manned up the rest of the day...and we just couldn't beat it.

Prescott was guilty of a couple other things as well.......he forgot to tell his receivers to wipe the butter off their gloves! Also, the OL needed help and Prescott should've helped them pass block for him.

Bob-Lillys-War

Reaction score
& people want moore as Head coach ?!

giphy.gif

Seth5545

Reaction score
I think it helps the passing game when your QB isn’t running for his life every snap.

I swear I saw a free man running on a bunch of plays. The O-line was pitiful today and I hope Smith can stay healthy cause were going to need him.

Silly

Reaction score
Massive difference between Amari Cooper + CeeDee Lamb vs Noah Brown + Cedric Wilson. I used to think highly of Wilson but he disappointed today.

Yeah! I think it proves the point. The team needs the Cooper & Lamb combo. Brown and Wilson didn't have a good game.

Playmaker3128

Reaction score
Defenses have started to play man coverage and also take away the run. They want to make Dak throw into tight windows.

I don’t understand why we aren’t doing more Option type stuff with dak. Make the defense account for it. He’s healthy and running was always part of his game. Can’t protect him forever

Creeper

Reaction score
There were some curious calls by Moore and that play Aikman was talking about was one of them. They had a 3rd and 13 or something like that and all the routes were short of the 1st down. KC played every defender on the LOS. Not a single WRs broke free off the line.

On that series they was driving. They got a first down. But on first down Biadasz got called for a penalty. Then on 1st and 15 they handed it off to Zeke, who is looking slow and beat up again. Then on 2nd down, Dak threw a pass to Cedrick Wilson for a 2 yard loss. Then on third and 13 he got sacked. They had to settle for a FG. They should have been more aggressive there I thought. Moore always gets weird in the red zone.

I thought early in the game they needed to get the ball down the field. If they could have beaten that coverage a few times deep, KC would have had to back off. But Dak was off early and that was that.

Also, not much works when the OL can't block anyone. Chris Jones ate their lunch today. They couldn't even run screens because KC was killing them with 4 down linemen and the LBs could sit on those plays.

Here is my question, with the crowd noise clearly giving KC an advantage and hurting the OL, why not some quick snap counts? Why not roll Dak out more? Denver did the same thing to Dallas and there was no adjustment.

lqmac1

Reaction score
Not sure if anyone heard, but Troy was very critical of our passing game. He mentioned how there was on one play 2 wide receivers not even looking like they're running routes. When we tried to get a first down, NONE of the wide receivers were even close to the first down marker!!

I noticed that we lacked QUICK passing plays against a defense that brought pressure seemingly every play. Did anyone see this or hear this, what are your thoughts
How did you get him exposing Moore out of that? All he said was 2 receivers were confused lol!

Y’all get crazy after games. Like, possessed or some ****. It’s weird!

lqmac1

Reaction score
Screw troy...Troy... be crying if he didn't have Irvin, Harper and Novacek
I’m not old enough to remember when he played, but i’ve heard from a few guys that are a little older saying he was overrated & got saved by his teammates and Super Bowls.

His stats seem avg as hell.