Aikman exposed Kellen Moore

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
Seeing the OP's opening headline, I thought Aikman pantsed Moore, then, left him standing there, exposed! :omg:

coult44

Reaction score
Sounds like you are reaching.

I disagree. We didn’t throw many quick slants or hot route plays. Our second team WR’s looked lost. We abandoned the run game before we tried to establish it. KM played a big role in all of that.

mahoneybill

Reaction score
I’m not old enough to remember when he played, but i’ve heard from a few guys that are a little older saying he was overrated & got saved by his teammates and Super Bowls.

His stats seem avg as hell.

Troy was very accurate. He had his clunker of games , one in particular where the Eagles sacked him 11 times...

That said, he had Irvin pre offensive interference rules who would maul DB's, Williams on the line who did the same thing, and once solidified a great run blocking line that
lead Emmitt along the way.

We were not a big passing team, and also had a very deep D Line that could get 3rd down stops once they were all assembled.

Fortunate to have lived through the 70's Landry and 90's Jimmy years to see the greatness of what was the Dallas Cowboys.

We have a long way to go to reach those levels...

Starforever

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
The whole team looked lost. What did they expect? Receivers not catching the ball. QB, when he had the time, missing throws. O-line stunk from first play until game over. Defense still missing simple assignments. Players loafing, not running toward ball, not getting off line of scrimmage. As good as we like to holler Parsons name, he is included.

phildadon86

Reaction score
Aikman didn’t expose a damn thing. Broncos and Chiefs did that. They need to come up with another offensive scheme because they have been figured out. Just like the Bills, this team is falling apart because they’ve been exposed, picked apart, and blueprinted.
Every single time. The team is falling apart. What is it with you?

khiladi

Reaction score
I’m not old enough to remember when he played, but i’ve heard from a few guys that are a little older saying he was overrated & got saved by his teammates and Super Bowls.

His stats seem avg as hell.

Aikman’s 92 playoff run was one of the greatest of all times and ridiculous for that era.

“Troy Aikman had a passer rating of 106.3 with 2915 yards, 21 touchdowns and 8 interceptions in 11 games in the playoffs between the 1992 and 1995 seasons.”

If he wanted to pad his stats he could have easily done it, but he sacrificed for Emmitt at the goal line.
His SB performance against the Bills was one of the greatest you’ll ever see.

Comparing stats between eras is asinine:

Marino and Elway threw under 60%, less than Aikman’s career average and Mac Jones threw for 70% against the Falcons just last week. Stats in that era were completely different, because DBs could put their hands on WRs and you could literally launch yourself off the ground at a WR going over the middle. Teams get away with pick plays nowadays, that didn’t work back than, because the DBs would blow up the pick play.

QBs could be hit below the legs of the hands could hit the helmet without penalty and so on. If you go back even further, to the 70s, guys like Deacon Jones would slap the helmets of OL guys, which is illegal today.

Last edited:

terra

Reaction score
Aikman’s 92 playoff run was one of the greatest of all times and ridiculous for that era.

“Troy Aikman had a passer rating of 106.3 with 2915 yards, 21 touchdowns and 8 interceptions in 11 games in the playoffs between the 1992 and 1995 seasons.”

If he wanted to pad his stats he could have easily done it, but he sacrificed for Emmitt at the goal line.
His SB performance against the Bills was one of the greatest you’ll ever see.

Comparing stats between eras is asinine:

Marino and Elway threw under 60%, less than Aikman’s career average and Mac Jones threw for 70% against the Falcons just last week. Stats in that era were completely different, because DBs could put their hands on WRs and you could literally launch yourself off the ground at a WR going over the middle. Teams get away with pick plays nowadays, that didn’t work back than, because the DBs would blow up the pick play.

QBs could be hit below the legs of the hands could hit the helmet without penalty and so on. If you go back even further, to the 70s, guys like Deacon Jones would slap the helmets of OL guys, which is illegal today.
Yeah, you go back to when Staubach was playing; right until the end of his career Football was like Rollerball compared to what it is now.
1978 is when the changes began and they kept coming; but it was the 2000's when the game went completely anti D.

khiladi

Reaction score
Yeah, you go back to when Staubach was playing; right until the end of his career Football was like Rollerball compared to what it is now.
1978 is when the changes began and they kept coming; but it was the 2000's when the game went completely anti D.

It’s like the NBA post 90s…. And you’ve seen players like Harden effectively neutered offensively in just one year, when the league decided to be a little more strict this season regarding contact.

Streifenkarl

Reaction score
The whole team looked lost. What did they expect? Receivers not catching the ball. QB, when he had the time, missing throws. O-line stunk from first play until game over. Defense still missing simple assignments. Players loafing, not running toward ball, not getting off line of scrimmage. As good as we like to holler Parsons name, he is included.
Defence did it's job. What did you expect, single digits? 19 points vs Mahomes when he's on the field that long is one damn achievement.

Nope, this is on the offense alone.

terra

Reaction score
It’s like the NBA post 90s…. And you’ve seen players like Harden effectively neutered offensively in just one year, when the league decided to be a little more strict this season regarding contact.
The NBA when it banned the Zone Defense left real basketball behind.
What has always burned me is how much stars are allowed to get away with. Jordan taking three or four steps before dunking really pissed me off. Really stopped watching in the late 80's.

terra

Reaction score
Defence did it's job. What did you expect, single digits? 19 points vs Mahomes when he's on the field that long is one damn achievement.

The D actually played very well. They played good enough for the team to win if the O had held up its end.

Whirlwin

Cowboy , It’s a way of life.
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Nobody exposed anybody. LMAO you don’t think we know what’s going on

khiladi

Reaction score

I was actually surprised they played that well in KC.

Streifenkarl

Reaction score
I was actually surprised they played that well in KC.

...without their top pass rushers the guys on D really did bring their A game.

I won't write in all the ressurrecting Dak bashing threads, so I'll say it here with caution: I'm worried that our supposed prime Offense isn't so great after all. I know they were missing Smith and Cooper, but come on... 9 points? They were slaughtered by KC. Only two wins vs. the Raiders and Saints by at least 14+ points could reestablish my confidence.

CowboyFanInLexKy

Reaction score
& people want moore as Head coach ?!

giphy.gif
Not me... Don't get me wrong... He's not too out of reach from being one... He just buckles when the times get rough. He doesn't know how to adjust on the fly... Sure you can come back with "And McCarthy does?" and my answer to that would be "McCarthy isn't the one calling the plays... "