Aikman is a better QB than Dak Prescott

shabazz

Reaction score
Aikman has nothing to do with Dak. Your hatred just has a way of making up things in your head.

Dak is a top 10 QB, nothing more, nothing less.
Top 5 from where I stand…..anything worse is pure hatred and bias

DFWJC

Reaction score
I am growing tired of all these new Cowboy fans on the internet praising Dak and trying to discredit Aikman. Aikman is an absolute legend and watching him back in the day was an honor. I know some people here don’t like me and that’s fine but I think we can all agree that Aikman was a bonafide legend and had more guts than Dak ever had! Im old enough to remember the glory days of the Cowboys and I just want to see this team to return to their former glory. Call me a troll, I don’t care!!! I’ve even seen posts on here from people claiming Aikman wasn’t that good and he rode his team’s coattails. Aikman was a true Cowboy and one of my favorite Cowboys. They don’t make QBs like him anymore. Yeehaw!!
And the earth is round, water is wet, etc...
Why did you feel you needed to creat a thread stating the obvious?

Forneymike

Reaction score
No one has said or believes that unless they hate Aikman. This thread makes no sense. You might as well post 2+2=4. I like Dak too. This is another Dak hater adding a senseless post.

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I am growing tired of all these new Cowboy fans on the internet praising Dak and trying to discredit Aikman. Aikman is an absolute legend and watching him back in the day was an honor. I know some people here don’t like me and that’s fine but I think we can all agree that Aikman was a bonafide legend and had more guts than Dak ever had! Im old enough to remember the glory days of the Cowboys and I just want to see this team to return to their former glory. Call me a troll, I don’t care!!! I’ve even seen posts on here from people claiming Aikman wasn’t that good and he rode his team’s coattails. Aikman was a true Cowboy and one of my favorite Cowboys. They don’t make QBs like him anymore. Yeehaw!!
Dak is closer to Quincy Carter and the Hutch man and couldn't shine Aikman's cleats!

Hey, Dak lovers please give me some signature wins of Dak's excluding the Hawks(Thanks Zeke) and the 8-9 Bucs.

Think I'll be waiting and waiting for a response on this one...... :muttley:

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Maybe we could just dust him off for the playoffs.

Troy's playoff statistics (average/game) were better than his career statistics. I remember always feeling very comfortable with #8 under center in the post season. Of course there was the O-Line, the RB, the receivers, and so on, and so on.
Yep, nothing like the best run game in the NFL, best Oline, the #1 all time yards leader at RB and the #1 defense in the NFL in your pocket. And a master motivator in Jimmy J.

Everyone in the playoffs was to do 1 thing and that was to stack the box and stop Emmitt Smith. So Aikman made a living throwing off play action to wide open receivers. That was until SF got a huge lead that one year.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Do you even read posts or do you just hit reply and go on the attack with insults? Just curious.
You continually show that you dont understand the game of football.

Just a few posts ago you pointed out that Dak couldnt beat the last pick in the draft Purdy. Dak doenst play Purdy. How am I supposed to have a rational conversation with someone that thinks QB's play each other when they get on the field?

And look, you cant even answer a simple question.

If Dak had Aikmans team and coaching , would he make the championship game?

shabazz

Reaction score
Yep, nothing like the best run game in the NFL, best Oline, the #1 all time yards leader at RB and the #1 defense in the NFL in your pocket. And a master motivator in Jimmy J.

Everyone in the playoffs was to do 1 thing and that was to stack the box and stop Emmitt Smith. So Aikman made a living throwing off play action to wide open receivers. That was until SF got a huge lead that one year.
Yup…..and the one quarterback That could have actually made a comeback in that Niners Championship game would have been Dak Precott……he’s proven time and time again that he puts the team on his shoulders and produces when the chips are down

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score

Just a few posts ago you pointed out that Dak couldnt beat the last pick in the draft Purdy. Dak doenst play Purdy. How am I supposed to have a rational conversation with someone that thinks QB's play each other when they get on the field?

Dak fans like to downplay the importance of the QB position.

USArmyVet

Reaction score

Did I not say it was 2 completely different eras of football (ex. no salary cap for Aikman's Super Bowl years, a great HC/GM in Johnson, and a mega trade that set up Dallas) and that comparing Aikman to Dak was a waste of time?

Damn man, you want to insult people by hurling insults all over but I swear you have taken too many shots to the noggin'.

morat1959

Reaction score
They make em. JJ and Co. puts no stock in the QB position. I’m also an Aikman fan! You can’t put Troy and Dak on the same planet.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Did I not say it was 2 completely different eras of football (ex. no salary cap for Aikman's Super Bowl years, a great HC/GM in Johnson, and a mega trade that set up Dallas) and that comparing Aikman to Dak was a waste of time?

Damn man, you want to insult people by hurling insults all over but I swear you have taken too many shots to the noggin'.
So what? You think Emmitt and that oline wouldnt rule the NFL now?

You think Irvin and Harper couldnt hang in todays NFL?

You think Aikman couldnt do what he did in todays NFL?

You think Dak couldnt hand the ball off to Emmitt 30 times a game and throw play action slants to Irvin back in the 90's?

Whirlwin

Cowboy , It’s a way of life.
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
The glory days, Roger Staubach

USArmyVet

Reaction score
So what? You think Emmitt and that oline wouldnt rule the NFL now?

You think Irvin and Harper couldnt hang in todays NFL?

You think Aikman couldnt do what he did in todays NFL?

You think Dak couldnt hand the ball off to Emmitt 30 times a game and throw play action slants to Irvin back in the 90's?
You literally make my head hurt with your rambling BS that makes no sense other than just spewing crap in an attempt to argue. Damn man, go hug your dog or go get a beer and relax for Pete's sake.

Do you think Dallas could, in present-day salary cap rules, afford all the players? No, so what the hell is your point man?