Aikman is a better QB than Dak Prescott

john van brocklin

Captain Comeback
Reaction score
Were you following the Cowboys during Roger Staubach’s career? I followed his entire career and Troy Aikman’s, and in my opinion Roger Staubach was better. Every NFL all-time ranking I’ve seen has Staubach ranked ahead of Aikman.
FACT!!!!!!!
Is there any argument?
Nope!!!!!

cowboys5xsbs

Reaction score
Romo is not better than Aikman.

Romo only won 2 playoff games (both wild card) in his career.

Aikman never lost to wild card teams in the playoffs during his 3 SBs in 4 years run; like Romo did in the 2007 playoffs with 12 fellow pro bowl players including two first team all pros on offense.

Aikman was a key reason why the Cowboys jumped out to big leads in the divisional round playoff games (in at least 3 of the 4 games).

1992 Divisional round: 34-3

1993 Divisional round: 24-3

1994 Divisional round: 21-3

1995 Divisional round: 30-3

It was sarcasm :thumbup:

Legend

Reaction score
Aikman has publically admitted several times Romo was a better qb then him. Even one interview I saw where a guy asked him if hes just being humble and he said no that Romo could read the field better then him and that the only thing aikman had over romo was a little bit better accuracy but thats it. Aikmans rings were bought by jerry jones in a non salary cap era. If rings are the end all then I suppose flacco is better then marino.
Aikman rings were due to the Hershel Walker trade, tons of draft trades, draft picks, Plan B free agency pick ups, and the Haley trade.

It is obvious you were not old enough to witness the late 1980s and early 1990s Cowboys.

RS12

Reaction score
Romos the best qb ive ever seen wear a cowboys uniform. I never watched Staubach play so I cant say hes the best cowboys qb ever. Id take him over both aikman and prescott.
I seen everybody back to Dandy Don and while Romo was entertaining and a reason to watch, not a chance he is the best QB to play here. Football in the Romo era is basketball on grass compared to when Staubach played. Considering it was open season on QBs and WRs in the 70's, Staubach's numbers are phenominal. He had retire due to all the concussions from the hits he took.

stuckindc

Reaction score
Brady fan? Or cheater fan? Which one of those triggered you?
Neither. But to say Brady was a cheater is ignorance. What did he cheat at? Deflate gate ? Look up his stats and what the team did in the second half of that game after the deflated balls. Brady is the greatest QB. And to take the cheat angle is pure ignorance. So what he cheat at?

Legend

Reaction score
Neither. But to say Brady was a cheater is ignorance. What did he cheat at? Deflate gate ? Look up his stats and what the team did in the second half of that game after the deflated balls. Brady is the greatest QB. And to take the cheat angle is pure ignorance. So what he cheat at?
I still take Montana over Brady.

The stupidity of the Seahawks and Falcons… basically gifted Brady two more rings

CowboysLakerBamaFan

Reaction score
I'll answer that question if you answer this: Why should I waste my time educating you, if you can't even comprehend the fact that this isn't an either/or?

That he could be the greatest, AND be a horrible cheater in cahoots with Kraft and the organization, at the same time. If you can't understand that...I'd be wasting my breath...which I don't like to do!

Was Lance Armstrong the greatest cyclist? Did he cheat? Think about that for a while...instead of just rushing to post a dim witted attempt at an insult. You might learn something!

Legend

Reaction score
I seen everybody back to Dandy Don and while Romo was entertaining and a reason to watch, not a chance he is the best QB to play here. Football in the Romo era is basketball on grass compared to when Staubach played. Considering it was open season on QBs and WRs in the 70's, Staubach's numbers are phenominal. He had retire due to all the concussions from the hits he took.
These commercials highlighted some of the physicality back then

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
I am growing tired of all these new Cowboy fans on the internet praising Dak and trying to discredit Aikman. Aikman is an absolute legend and watching him back in the day was an honor. I know some people here don’t like me and that’s fine but I think we can all agree that Aikman was a bonafide legend and had more guts than Dak ever had! Im old enough to remember the glory days of the Cowboys and I just want to see this team to return to their former glory. Call me a troll, I don’t care!!! I’ve even seen posts on here from people claiming Aikman wasn’t that good and he rode his team’s coattails. Aikman was a true Cowboy and one of my favorite Cowboys. They don’t make QBs like him anymore. Yeehaw!!
of course AIkman is a better QB. who argues that he is not. they are stupid. he was the consensus #1 over all pick. he was a can't miss prospect. smart. great arm. accurate. 3 time superbowl champion and HOFer.

anybody comparing Dak to Aikman is doing a disservice to Dak and Aikman. not fair to either of them.

stuckindc

Reaction score
I'll answer that question if you answer this: Why should I waste my time educating you, if you can't even comprehend the fact that this isn't an either/or?

That he could be the greatest, AND be a horrible cheater in cahoots with Kraft and the organization, at the same time. If you can't understand that...I'd be wasting my breath...which I don't like to do!

Was Lance Armstrong the greatest cyclist? Did he cheat? Think about that for a while...instead of just rushing to post a dim witted attempt at an insult. You might learn something!
What exactly did he cheat at? Please name what he did? The answer is you can’t educate me because other than parroting the haters that all cling to the “Brady was a cheater “ but can’t validate one thing he actually cheated at. So again, what exactly did he do? It’s easy to throw out some stupid opinion but backing it up with facts is a bit difficult for you.

CowboysLakerBamaFan

Reaction score
I still take Montana over Brady.

The stupidity of the Seahawks and Falcons… basically gifted Brady two more rings
I hear you. I'd still take Brady, even if you robbed him of his ability to cheat, over Montana..... because I I THINK Montana had the benefit of catching the wave of the West Coast Offense well before defenses knew how to defend it...whereas Brady, even if he had chosen not to cheat (which unfortunately he didn't) could beat any team without the advantage of running a revolutionary offense.

Meaning....if Montana got yanked from back in time, and got switched with Brady, and Brady played for San Fran in Montana's era....I have 0 doubt Brady still would have killed it in SanFran....whereas I have like 2 or 3 % uncertainty that Montana might not have succeeded as much in New England in 2000 onwards the way Brady did. Brady was ALWAYS the best player on his team. Montana always the 2nd best player on his team

Still..... Montana is a somewhat close 2nd for me.

I agree Seattle pizzed 1 right on his finger....but I think Brady betch smacked Atlanta and took that one.

Momanpr100

Reaction score
You came up with this all on your own? I never heard anyone say Dak was better than Aikman. This board truly makes us Cowboys fans look delusional :facepalm:

Legend

Reaction score
You came up with this all on your own? I never heard anyone say Dak was better than Aikman. This board truly makes us Cowboys fans look delusional :facepalm:
Multiple young Cowboy fans say Romo and Dak were/are better than Aikman; due to Aikman’s regular season stats.

CWR

Reaction score
I am growing tired of all these new Cowboy fans on the internet praising Dak and trying to discredit Aikman. Aikman is an absolute legend and watching him back in the day was an honor. I know some people here don’t like me and that’s fine but I think we can all agree that Aikman was a bonafide legend and had more guts than Dak ever had! Im old enough to remember the glory days of the Cowboys and I just want to see this team to return to their former glory. Call me a troll, I don’t care!!! I’ve even seen posts on here from people claiming Aikman wasn’t that good and he rode his team’s coattails. Aikman was a true Cowboy and one of my favorite Cowboys. They don’t make QBs like him anymore. Yeehaw!!

I cant put Dak or Romo above him. If you put him in a modern offense he'd light it up. I will say, and especially towards the end, he needed pass protection. When Romo came in he was the perfect qb for the current offense. Bledsoe was a sitting duck.