Aikman is a better QB than Dak Prescott

tomokawan

Reaction score
I am growing tired of all these new Cowboy fans on the internet praising Dak and trying to discredit Aikman. Aikman is an absolute legend and watching him back in the day was an honor. I know some people here don’t like me and that’s fine but I think we can all agree that Aikman was a bonafide legend and had more guts than Dak ever had! Im old enough to remember the glory days of the Cowboys and I just want to see this team to return to their former glory. Call me a troll, I don’t care!!! I’ve even seen posts on here from people claiming Aikman wasn’t that good and he rode his team’s coattails. Aikman was a true Cowboy and one of my favorite Cowboys. They don’t make QBs like him anymore. Yeehaw!!
I am getting tired of people looking for any excuse to start a Dak bashing thread. I never heard one person ever say Dak was better the Aikman.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
I’ve seen people on here say how Aikman rode his teams coattails. It’s an agenda to prop up Dak.
Some were saying that long before Dak got here. It’s all based on Aikman’s low career numbers. Aikman played in a different era where the Cowboys offense revolved around Emmitt Smith and the running game.

Walker

Texas Ranger
Reaction score
No one here can take the thread serious, it is clearly to get a reaction from people. Comparing a multiple Superbowl champ to someone who has yet to play in one is a bit out there.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
Maybe we could just dust him off for the playoffs.

Troy's playoff statistics (average/game) were better than his career statistics. I remember always feeling very comfortable with #8 under center in the post season. Of course there was the O-Line, the RB, the receivers, and so on, and so on.
Man, I'd hate to see him out there at his age with all the concussions he's already suffered. His head might just collapse.

pitt33

Reaction score
No kidding. As you can see, they haven't found anyone better in 30 years. And the management we've been stuck with doesn't seem to be all that concerned about it either. I can't remember them going after a top notch quarterback since Aikman.
And they won’t until they draft in the top 5 again.

It’s maddening to me.

CoachD

Reaction score
Ummmmmmmmmm ya think??? What genius came up with this post?

tunahelper

Reaction score
In other breaking news: grass is green
Younger fans that didnt get watch Aikman really missed greatness. He was his best under pressure, in the biggest moments, in the biggest games. It's cliche to hear, but his poise with game on the line was Brady like. The man stood in the pocket and would get smashed and deliver a dart for a first down, consistently. True legend.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
Love Aikman, but anyone that understands football realizes that Aikman wouldnt be a legend without the team that surrounded him.

I hear a lot of you Dak hating trolls say that "Dak needs everything perfect around him". Well Aikman was the poster child for that. And you can throw in great coaching along with it.

Aikman couldnt even win a game without Emmitt. Look it up, its a fact.

The moment that Oline started to leak Aikman came right down to earth. Heck I was at the Giants game later in his career where he threw 5 picks in NY. And we all know he got killed prior to that Oline showing up.

Aikman had all the guts in the world, no doubt about it. And his accuracy in the short to medium range was uncanny.
I have said the same for several years now, and I've been attacked (lol). The truth is in the pudding. Aikman was one of the best playoffs QBs in NFL history, and he was very good during those 90s Super Bowl years, but he struggled mightily his early years before he had all the weapons around him (along with the Great Wall of Dallas oline) and the years after the last Super Bowl won.

Mr Cowboy

Reaction score
What did Troy post
Nobody ever adds the qualifiers of the team mates they played with to Joe Montana though he enjoyed several legendary players on his team too.

Same thing with Emmitt.

Same thing with Irvin.

"The team around them" attempt to discredit has been applied to them all. At some point, someone has to be responsible for all those plays that got made. Yeah, the offensive line was awesome, but so were the 49ers. Even with those lines the skill players still had to be special to consistently make big plays to score the points that took advantage of the protections of the line.

Aikman at his best is top 10 all time that I've seen play. So is Irvin, and Emmitt is the GOAT.
What did Aikman do after the 3rd SB. He still had Emmitt and Irvin for quite a while. How many NFC championship did his greatness bring the Cowboys after 95? Look up his stats, he almost has as many interceptions as TDs.

If the board was around after the 95 season, Aikman would have hated worse than Romo and Dak combined. It's the truth, he was great on a great team, but didn't raise the talent level when the team wasn't great anymore.

Kwyn

Reaction score
I am growing tired of all these new Cowboy fans on the internet praising Dak and trying to discredit Aikman. Aikman is an absolute legend and watching him back in the day was an honor. I know some people here don’t like me and that’s fine but I think we can all agree that Aikman was a bonafide legend and had more guts than Dak ever had! Im old enough to remember the glory days of the Cowboys and I just want to see this team to return to their former glory. Call me a troll, I don’t care!!! I’ve even seen posts on here from people claiming Aikman wasn’t that good and he rode his team’s coattails. Aikman was a true Cowboy and one of my favorite Cowboys. They don’t make QBs like him anymore. Yeehaw!!
This is some invented outrage for sure.

I haven’t seen anyone say Dak is better than Troy.

CowboysLakerBamaFan

Reaction score
Younger fans that didnt get watch Aikman really missed greatness. He was his best under pressure, in the biggest moments, in the biggest games. It's cliche to hear, but his poise with game on the line was Brady like. The man stood in the pocket and would get smashed and deliver a dart for a first down, consistently. True legend.
Well...Brady ULTRA lite...but I see ur point.

Brady would have won every single SB every year on that team with that roster.

tunahelper

Reaction score
Well...Brady ULTRA lite...but I see ur point.

Brady would have won every single SB every year on that team with that roster.
Assuming he could stand in and take the punishment. The game was immensely more physical in the 90's. The way you could hit the QB to the way the DB/WR physical play disrupted routes and timing.

CowboysLakerBamaFan

Reaction score
Assuming he could stand in and take the punishment. The game was immensely more physical in the 90's. The way you could hit the QB to the way the DB/WR physical play disrupted routes and timing.
True....

But also Aikman was probably a pretty honest player.

Brady being the horrible cheater he is with 0 conscience, imagine the trickery he coulda gotten away with back in those days when people weren't really looking out for scumbag cheaters and technology wasn't what it is today? He coulda rigged the scoreboard to add 7pts to his team during halftime, and won every game for 10 straight years!

Aikman would not be able to keep up with him in that regard.