Video: Aikman on Eisen says Coaching is not the problem with the Cowboys

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
than why do the Boys lead the league in penalities. is that Jerrys fault? seriouis question!

At the end of the day yes..its the GM, he is the one who sets the culture and expectations and then has to make the moves to enforce what culture he wants. We do not have 26 years of subpar players and if we do then once again it is the GM.

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
Right because first round QBs are all perfect. lol. Paxton Lynch was incredible at processing quickly.
And signing your undrafted/4th round QBs to top contracts because they overachieved and you believed you found the next Brady isn't any better.

I'd 100% rather have used the past 26 years drafting actual 1st round talent at QB, because if you hit on them, you could have a Burrow, Rodgers, Allen, Herbert, or Mahomes type instead of wasting time on overachievers that will always revert back to the their undrafted/4th round talent.

Jerry's refusal to draft a real QB talent has held this team back for a quarter of century. The QB position has been a weak link for this franchise since the late 90s and continues to be today.

RonnieT24

Reaction score
When one of your staple running plays calls for the center to "help" your all-pro guard but ignore the middle linebacker and consistently asks tight ends to block defensive ends you absolutely have a coaching problem. Troy can try to cover for the coaches till the cows come home and I agree that coaching is not the ONLY problem in Dallas and maybe not THE problem.. but to say that it is NOT a problem? Sorry.. that dawg won't hunt.

dueyhemlock

Hog Hunter
Reaction score
They're window with this Oline and RB has closed. It was a good run for a few years. But when Fredbeard retired, that was the beginning of the end. Martin going into his 9th, Collins his 7th and Tyron his 12th year. The last few Oline players they have drafted have just been average guys. They should really think about spending their 1st on the Oline. I'd say LG, but a future LT might also be wise.

It all starts w/ the "Big Uglies".
Give me the highest rated big boy on either line.
1st then 2nd round, after that looking for LB or safety help....(please resign Kearse)
Him and Anger are our 2 must-sign free agents.

Are you listening Stevey ?

Kumbaya

Reaction score
Looking in from the outside, it is easier for me to answer the more simple question….why did the Cowboys lose to SF?

The answer is clearer this way:
1. No rushing game that day…thus put it all on Dak and OL to give him time. So, why is Zeke pretty much non existent for many games, including this playoff game? 12-31 yards and 1 pass for 0 yards. In fact, I’m wondering why Zeke got 12 carries and the much quicker and probably healthier Pollard only got 4? Was this KMoore’s plan? Apparently so. Thud!

2. 14 penalties for 89 yards. (This was a problem I believe all season too.) So, is this just an individual player problem (ie, holding, pass interference, motion, etc). It seems so to me. I’m sure the OL coach is encouraging the line not to hold.

3. why Lamb only caught 1 for 5 targets for 21 yards? Did Moore do anything to help Lamb get open? Or was Lamb just having a bad game? Or was Dak missing him when he was open?

4. why SF had 5 sacks while Dallas had none? I know JimmyG is schooled to throw quickly, but none? Why 5 sacks on Dak? Players or coaches? I say players, but we all know SF is very tough up front, so Dallas OL has to be cut some slack. But why couldn’t KMoore call more quick slant plays like SF did?

5. why Dallas only 5-14 on 3rd down conversions? It seems to me, Kellen Moore was not as prepared for this game as the SF OC was. Heck, SF moved down the field with ease after receiving opening kickoff. KMoore’s boys were going 3 and out early on quite a bit.

conclusion: I question why Kellen Moore is not getting more of the blame for the offensive struggles than he does. It seems like Dallas fans either want to blame McCarthy or Dak, but maybe they should widen the net here. I’m certainly glad my Giants were not interested in interviewing Moore to be our HC. I’m not his biggest fan….but he is much better than Garrett, that I will give you.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Aikman said he doesn’t really know what the problem is with the Cowboys but in previous comments he’s pointed the finger at Jerry. He’s been highly critical of him. I guess he’s decided to back off his criticisms of Jerry and how he runs the team so he doesn’t ruin his relationship with him.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Looking in from the outside, it is easier for me to answer the more simple question….why did the Cowboys lose to SF?

The answer is clearer this way:
1. No rushing game that day…thus put it all on Dak and OL to give him time. So, why is Zeke pretty much non existent for many games, including this playoff game? 12-31 yards and 1 pass for 0 yards. In fact, I’m wondering why Zeke got 12 carries and the much quicker and probably healthier Pollard only got 4? Was this KMoore’s plan? Apparently so. Thud!

2. 14 penalties for 89 yards. (This was a problem I believe all season too.) So, is this just an individual player problem (ie, holding, pass interference, motion, etc). It seems so to me. I’m sure the OL coach is encouraging the line not to hold.

3. why Lamb only caught 1 for 5 targets for 21 yards? Did Moore do anything to help Lamb get open? Or was Lamb just having a bad game? Or was Dak missing him when he was open?

4. why SF had 5 sacks while Dallas had none? I know JimmyG is schooled to throw quickly, but none? Why 5 sacks on Dak? Players or coaches? I say players, but we all know SF is very tough up front, so Dallas OL has to be cut some slack. But why couldn’t KMoore call more quick slant plays like SF did?

5. why Dallas only 5-14 on 3rd down conversions? It seems to me, Kellen Moore was not as prepared for this game as the SF OC was. Heck, SF moved down the field with ease after receiving opening kickoff. KMoore’s boys were going 3 and out early on quite a bit.

conclusion: I question why Kellen Moore is not getting more of the blame for the offensive struggles than he does. It seems like Dallas fans either want to blame McCarthy or Dak, but maybe they should widen the net here. I’m certainly glad my Giants were not interested in interviewing Moore to be our HC. I’m not his biggest fan….but he is much better than Garrett, that I will give you.
Ive been calling for a firing since the last game.

J12B

Reaction score
It absolutely isn't. Ignore the 26 year cry for new coaches.

2007 wasn't coaching (Romo fumble)

2014 wasn't coaching (Dez catch overturned)

2016 wasn't coaching (Rodgers lit up the defense)

2018 wasn't coaching (that was on Jerry, no interior dline).

2021 was 100% on the coaching (14 penalties at home against a #6 seed).

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
2007 wasn't coaching (Romo fumble)

2014 wasn't coaching (Dez catch overturned)

2016 wasn't coaching (Rodgers lit up the defense)

2018 wasn't coaching (that was on Jerry, no interior dline).

2021 was 100% on the coaching (14 penalties at home against a #6 seed).

2021 was the same story as 2018. No defensive line. 170 yards rushing allowed. Game over.

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
it's everyone but the QB..........:muttley:

Nobody actually said that. :muttley:

Dak is a symptom of the disease. That you seem to think he's the only problem is what's funny to me. What was the excuse for two decades before him?

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
2021 was the same story as 2018. No defensive line. 170 yards rushing allowed. Game over.
Against a team that has to run the ball more than any other.

That's a Billy Jack move. We are going to run the ball on you and there's not a damn thing you can do about it.

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
Against a team that has to run the ball more than any other.

That's a Billy Jack move. We are going to run the ball on you and there's not a damn thing you can do about it.

So you dont think the run gamplan SF imployed was a suprise to our braintrust?...lol

Bowdown27

Reaction score
Forget about the last play, when you have a talented team that underachieves it falls on the coaching and the atmosphere that's allowed by the owner/GM. The team is soft and undisciplined end of story.

You’re right. I think that was evident after that last game. We looked like an embarrassment.

The Quest for Six

Reaction score
It's a fun time club house mentality all year round, and that starts at the top... THEY'RE NOT MENTALLY TOUGH ENOUGH, and that's built in training camp and builds throughout the season, they show flashes of it at times, but disappears when somethings doesn't go their way.....

tyke1doe

Reaction score
Yep just say it OUT LOUD already Aikman

He saw exactly the moment the rot started

That is such a damning video.
It's sad to watch and think we could have won 5 straight Super Bowls if Jimmy Johnson had stayed.
The Niners couldn't beat us when Jimmy was here. The Packers couldn't beat us when Jimmy was here.
We would have run them both in the playoffs the year they won it all.
What would have, could have, should have been. Sigh.