Video: Aikman on Eisen says Coaching is not the problem with the Cowboys

nobody

Reaction score
OMG AIKMAN. GO AWAY ALREADY!!!!
Instead of continuously whining, do something about it.

Like what? He's asked questions about it. What can he actually do? Jerry holds the power to changing the Cowboys...not Aikman. He does what he can; he points out the problems.

bonafidebanter

Reaction score
I don’t think any HC(staff included) could thrive here nowadays under the Joneses micromanaging everything. I couldn’t stand Garrett but he was juggling a lot of balls, same with MM. Coaches are setup to fail in Dallas before they even get a chance.

That's why JJ keeps hiring the same type of coach. I'd like to call it a puppet, but that may be too harsh of a word.

Aven8

Reaction score
When you and your son are in meetings each week to go over the games etc you know it’s not going to go well. It would be one thing for Mike to be one on one with them two, but they are in there with all the coaches as we’ve seen videos of it.

pansophy

Reaction score
To the extent that one can trust PFF ratings -- a lot of players turned in their worst performance in a while. There is only so much coaching can do to for players who don't show up in big moments.

links18

Reaction score
Coaching is a problem, but probably because of who is doing the hiring and (pseudo) managing.

MapleLeaf

Maple Leaf
Reaction score
The circus Jerry has created around this team just isn't conducive to winning.

I don't know why this isn't debated even more, and been investigated by the Dallas sports media. Maybe it is because they are the beneficiaries of the circus.

There is a reason why this team is so inconsistent from the regular season to the playoffs. AS Aikman has so accurately pointed out we have had talented rosters, great regular seasons and stretches within the regular season where we have been considered one of the best performing squads in the league.

How can we so inconsistent? What is it about the Dallas Cowboys that our game for the last quarter century has been about taking two steps forward and three steps back?

It seems that inconsistency is the only consistent thing we do.

The only answer I can come up with is based on the focus and discipline of the team and ultimately the franchise.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
That's on the coaches. Why do guys leave the Cowboys and all of a sudden look much better and win a championship or go deep in the playoffs? Demarcus Ware, Martellus Bennett, Chidobe Awuzie and many more. In fact, it goes all the way up to Jerry because he hires a specific brand of easy-going, get-along coaches that fail to install discipline, hence we constantly get off to sloppy starts in big games and are constantly penalized.
exactly, and people like Aikman are afraid to tell the truth publicly !! that is why jerry doesnt change! no one defies him publicly.
I guess they are all scared of him?

maybe ol jerry runs the arkansas mob, and people are afraid of repercussions!

either that or aikman and all the others are just stupid, which is a possibility.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
below average coaches are why dallas was one and done, and faltered 2nd half of season.
But not 1 person in media will say it, and not 1 ex player will. They all want to be polite, and polite gets nothing done.

Verdict

Reaction score
The teams money is tied up in Dak zeke dlaw Cooper tyron martin Collins jarwin. This is who the team has paid top dollars for to win games. Most of these guys should take a pay cut or be cut. That's sad. Whole sack full of wanna be stars.
#truth

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
I think the players deserve the bulk of the blame this season. There was an arrogance of a we can turn it on when we want to type of attitude.

Yet when it came time to turn it on, they turned it off. Particularly on offense. So many of the WRs just out for an afternoon stroll.

Brax

Reaction score

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
"Aikman on Eisen says Coaching is not the problem with the Cowboys"

Same Troy who didn't get it at Oklahoma, so he left to UCLA.

"It's not the coaching"...yet, the Cowboys led the league in penalties, especially along our Oline, hence putting our Offense in 3rd & long too often, thus killing drives and leaving points on the field. THAT is a lack of discipline and training/Coaching.

Hey, Troy, "coaching" definitely was the biggest problem!

Look at our Oline: Philbin. FG kicker: Fassel. Offense flags and poor play designs against better teams: Moore. Poor game management decisions during crucial times of the game: McCarthy.

But...but...but Troy said it's not the coaching, so I'm going to believe everything Troy says as if it's gospel!!!

:facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:

CowboyoWales

Reaction score
"Aikman on Eisen says Coaching is not the problem with the Cowboys"

Same Troy who didn't get it at Oklahoma, so he left to UCLA.

"It's not the coaching"...yet, the Cowboys led the league in penalties, especially along our Oline, hence putting our Offense in 3rd & long too often, thus killing drives and leaving points on the field. THAT is a lack of discipline and training/Coaching.

Hey, Troy, "coaching" definitely was the biggest problem!

Look at our Oline: Philbin. FG kicker: Fassel. Offense flags and poor play designs against better teams: Moore. Poor game management decisions during crucial times of the game: McCarthy.

But...but...but Troy said it's not the coaching, so I'm going to believe everything Troy says as if it's gospel!!!

:facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:

The starting point of the problem is that there's no easily identifiable chain of command/responsibility and with this perception of some players being the "owners guy" just undermines the whole structure.

JJ is the start of the problem.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
The starting point of the problem is that there's no easily identifiable chain of command/responsibility and with this perception of some players being the "owners guy" just undermines the whole structure.

JJ is the start of the problem.
Before? Yes.

Nowadays with Stephen having a big say in what transpires with the overall decisions of the team? No.