Twitter: Aikman puts Mahomes in his place

ChuckA1

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The talking head made a comment about a third party. Ackman's comment was directed to the talking head and the projection he made about Aikman. Didn't really have anything to do with Mahomes, although he was the third party. I believe this all started when Aikman defended Luck against a talking head. Imho

Daktozekecoop

Reaction score
Your admiration of troy would give Joe buck pause. As for great playoff qb's, let's not forget Brady.
It is the Cowboys of 92-95 who I call the greatest/best team in NFL history. As for Troy being second to Montana in the most meaningful of games. My thinking is not out of bias, but with evidence. If not for one loss, the Cowboys were on pace to have won 4 straight super bowls. And the one loss, the 94 championship game to the 49er's, is Troy's and Michael's favorite all time game, because of their battling back after digging a huge (Barry Switzer) size whole in the first few minutes of the game. Troy had the same ice water in his veins that Joe and Tom have.

smitty313

Reaction score
Mahomes is a much better QB right now than Aikman ever was. Plain truth. Not even close. Marino was one of the best QBs ever, much better than Aikman.
Super bowls are about the team. Aikman played on maybe the best team ever.
Aikman is comparing apples to oranges.
If Mahomes stays healthy and doesn't retire early, he will most likely own almost every passing record. That is how good he is.

Aikman sacrificed stats for wins you friggin moron

CowboysBravesSpurs

Reaction score
This the same aikman that said accuracy cannot be taught. You either have it or you don't. Dak has proven otherwise. Troy's an arrogant redneck. But he's got buck to stroke his ego. "I'm here with the hall of famer".........
Imagine calling someone else a redneck while having a profile picture like that LMAO :lmao2:

LoneStarTexas

Reaction score
Some of this makes me sick. because I can respect any QB that plays well in the NFL, but I need not "praise" any of them..

shabazz

Reaction score
Imagine calling someone else a redneck while having a profile picture like that LMAO :lmao2:

Nice to see that, that derogatory epithet is tolerated not only in society, but in this forum as well. No wonder AB suffered no repercussions.. Me and my Appalachian brothers keep it on the Real in the 336

X550i

Reaction score
And say what? His name was not mentioned.
Yup I do, he is ballin and nothing wrong with their fan base to get excited about their QB. We do it here as well. I don't understand why people cant be humble about their achievements. Its not like Troy is the best QB in the history of the NFL. In fact people would argue he was the best for our team. It would have been a different story if Mahomes said that. It was their radio, so be it.
Yes I get it their love fest for their QB but you mentioned Brady who was never brought up.

starfan1

Reaction score
very misleading thread title as aikman did nothing of the sort now if you want to say Aikman threw jabs at Kansas city athletic you may be closer to the truth

Cap12

Reaction score
This the same aikman that said accuracy cannot be taught. You either have it or you don't. Dak has proven otherwise. Troy's an arrogant redneck. But he's got buck to stroke his ego. "I'm here with the hall of famer".........
The whole stat is ridiculous. The game in 2019 is far different than it was in 1990. It is way easier to put up gaudy numbers when OCs allow you to throw the ball all over the field, D-Linemen can't hit QBs and DBs can't hand-check. Say what you want about Aikman, but football is a team game and Troy led his team to three SB titles. That's part of playing the position. Let's see what PM is able to accomplish in his career, before we elevate him.

cern

Reaction score
The whole stat is ridiculous. The game in 2019 is far different than it was in 1990. It is way easier to put up gaudy numbers when OCs allow you to throw the ball all over the field, D-Linemen can't hit QBs and DBs can't hand-check. Say what you want about Aikman, but football is a team game and Troy led his team to three SB titles. That's part of playing the position. Let's see what PM is able to accomplish in his career, before we elevate him.
Never questioned aikman's ability. I was graduated from the naval academy and got my masters from the naval post grad school. Yet aikman is my favorite cowboy QB. I only commented on what he said.

Cap12

Reaction score
Never questioned aikman's ability. I was graduated from the naval academy and got my masters from the naval post grad school. Yet aikman is my favorite cowboy QB. I only commented on what he said.
I wasn't stating that you agreed. I was just commenting on how ridiculous these era comparisons can be.

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
Oh, and @JBond , I've got one more thing to mention in the PM when you reply. This will be fun.
Send me something! I've only crossed the pond for business and never got to do anything!
Now that I'm considering an early retirement... I would love some pointers.