Twitter: Aikman puts Mahomes in his place

Reid1boys

Reaction score
they were starting to do this while Mahomes was rookie on the bench and Smith was balling pretty well, for sure they were going deep a lot more..had great year.. the fact that Reid was brave enough to cut alex after a great year and see what he had and risk with Mahomes and build an offense around mahomes makes him great coach..

He built a system that can be plug and play to help Mahomes who is great even better..
i guess that makes jg a great coach for going away from romo, right?

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Lol. People still have this outdated way of thinking? So every one on this message board should give up and stop? Both are public platforms to express opinions. Just different setups. What does age have to do with being online? The world is now connected online. Deal with it. This idea that you are too old for it is asinine.
Pretty sure that was a joke.

blueblood70

Reaction score
i guess that makes jg a great coach for going away from romo, right?
no he had no choice romo was coming off two injuries, Dak won 11 in a row.. it was decided for him really..Reid traded Alex in the off season before Mahomes took a snap..like I said after a nice year by Alex, maybe his best year..thats a true risk

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I hope so. Because there are many, specifically in the older generations who turn their nose at social media.
I'm not on social media myself, unless you count this forum. I'm not on Twiiter, Facebook, etc., simply because I prefer privacy. If I want certain people to know things about me, I'll make a point of telling them. Meanwhile, there are hundreds of people who've never even met my nieces and nephews who probably know them better than I do, because they post their lives to the online world, instead of talking to the people who actually care.

shabazz

Reaction score
Lol. People still have this outdated way of thinking? So every one on this message board should give up and stop? Both are public platforms to express opinions. Just different setups. What does age have to do with being online? The world is now connected online. Deal with it. This idea that you are too old for it is asinine.

Exchagegram? really? Sorry you missed the joke.

Thought it was obvious,:laugh:

shabazz

Reaction score
Pretty sure that was a joke.

Thanks Runny, I thought the Exchangegram reference would have shown that.

BTW, I’m making tomato sauce and sharing it on Facebook right now to show how creative I am

Tomorrow I will post pictures on Twitter of me riding a Unicorn to show people that I’m having fun and to remind them that they aren’t

shabazz

Reaction score
OMG, Next week I’m having someone come to my loft to teach me how to drive a manual transmission. My hybrid doesn’t have stick but its been on my bucket list in-forevers!!!!!

Wish me luck, gang!!!!

cern

Reaction score
Troy wasn't responding to Mahomes...Mahomes never said it.
Troy was responding to the talking head who did.
and #8....was 100% accurate...as usual.
He wasn't talking to him, but he was talking about him. I fail to see your distinction.

cern

Reaction score
What? Troy was not critical at all of Mahomes. He has lavished praise on Mahomes. His comment was directed at the idiot who made a stupid statement. There was no "dissing" of Mahomes. He was responding to having been insulted by a guy at a news paper looking to be insulting. And he did so beautifully. It was an asinine insult. Attempting to elevate Mahomes status unnecessarily by denigrating Troy, in a way that made no sense. Troy did exactly what was needed of him to propel likely the greatest football team ever in NFL history. If he had needed to throw many more TD's he would have. Troy was only in my opinion, the second greatest money (playoff) quarterback in history, to Montana. If someone had insulted Staubach and done so stupidly, no one would be surprised if he defended himself.
Your admiration of troy would give Joe buck pause. As for great playoff qb's, let's not forget Brady.

Last edited:

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
I think this was rather small of Aikman. He didn't win a Super Bowl until his 4th year in the league, either, so he technically had no Lombardis at this same time point in Mahomes' career, an NFL starting-QB sophomore.

Not to mention that Aikman's Cowboys were far more loaded, talent-wise, than Mahomes' Chiefs.

Just give the young guy credit and praise him. He's lighting up the game. He is the Stephen Curry of football.
Wrong. Mahomes has done nothing that really matters. He may end up being the Dan Marino of his generation.

cern

Reaction score
Come on CERN. I'm sure you understand the difference.
I do. What you seem to be saying is the substance on one's comments are irrelevant . what is important is to whom they are said. I don't agree. The substance of the comments are what are important to me. You don't have to agree.