Twitter: Aikman savages Doug Gottlieb on Luck

mcmvp

Reaction score
I am going to make a prediction...We will soon reach a point where being controversial for the sake of being controversial will no longer work. Society is tiring of this type of behavior.

I would welcome it

texbumthelife

Reaction score

JeffAtl

Reaction score
Absolutely. If you're also going to take away the owners ability to just cut bait on players as well.

The owners already have to pay out any money owed to the player according to the terms of of contract if they exercise their option to terminate the contract.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Dude, it kept him out of camp. That's multiple weeks right there, couple that with weeks going into the regular season and them not even having a time frame for his return. How do you think this plays out, man? He missed 97% of camp, you know, which is pretty dang important for conditioning.

You want to actually listen to what Luck was saying in his presser? He was not speaking of this injury as something small, he knew it was going to lead to rehab and long term pain.

https://www.sportingnews.com/us/nfl...ck-retire-colts-qb/1nta6urevjrpi1p4wm8dy4pops

"At some point over the last two weeks, Andrew Luck decided enough was enough. He was in pain yet again, and this time, the agony was not ceasing. He told Colts owner Jim Irsay and team officials he needed to retire from football in order to live the life he wants to live, a life without this kind of suffering."

So yeah, I'm gonna go ahead and say this injury was severe enough for Luck to say "Enough is enough".

Plenty of guys miss TC to be safe. Luck was throwing and practicing on his own.

I watched his entire presser and came away thinking that this guy just couldnt deal anymore. Nothing about him missing the season.

IM still waiting for your article. I have been searching the internet and found NOTHING about some severe injury that was going to make him miss a big part of the season.

Sydla

Reaction score
No he didnt retire he was shut down for the whole rest of the season. He missed 3 weeks of the 2015 season with the sprained shoulder in september. Then got the season ending injury in the beginning of november. So he played in pain a few weeks with torn cartilage in his ribs. Not broken ribs. The torn labrum he dragged that out forever. He had the longest recovery of every injury he had. Brett farve got into a bad car accident and had to get some of his small intestines removed and missed 1 week of football.

Brett Favre got into an accident in mid-July in college and didn't play until 8 weeks later. Luck had a serious abdominal injury (which he played through by the way - he didn't know he had a problem until the next day when he pissed blood) and missed the last 7 weeks of the season (which is roughly the recovery period for a lacerated kidney).

You champion one but essentially call the other a pansy. Hahaha.

Kaiser

Reaction score
Close this thread. When I was this age, we played in leather helmets with broken bones in every arm and leg. On the off week we invaded France on D Day and still got back for the next game. We were men back then, not like you punk kids today.

Sydla

Reaction score
Close this thread. When I was this age, we played in leather helmets with broken bones in every arm and leg. On the off week we invaded France on D Day and still got back for the next game. We were men back then, not like you punk kids today.

TEXAS STRONG!

#USA #YOUPANSY #YOUDONTKNOWFOOTBALLLIKEIKNOWFOOTBALL #IEATROCKSFORBREAKFAST

Last edited by a moderator:

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Real men use dirt!

Stabbed with a butcher knife?

RUB DIRT ON IT!

Feet filled with gangrene?

RUB DIRT ON IT!

Blown to bits by a boozka?

RUB DIRT ON IT!

And there are extra health benefits by eating it!

Some men go wrong using potting soil. Not the same thing. Plus it is squishy.

mattjames2010

Reaction score
Plenty of guys miss TC to be safe. Luck was throwing and practicing on his own.

I watched his entire presser and came away thinking that this guy just couldnt deal anymore. Nothing about him missing the season.

IM still waiting for your article. I have been searching the internet and found NOTHING about some severe injury that was going to make him miss a big part of the season.

I already explained it to you - you watched his presser, but still didn't hear him talking about needing to go through another cycle of pain and rehab....

Even Bruce Arians said yesterday that there is something we are not being told.

https://bleacherreport.com/articles...w-luck-retiring-something-has-got-to-be-wrong

And he wasn't being kept out of practice to "be safe" - he has been dealing with this since April, that's a long term injury.

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
Right. I typed my friends name instead of the Clemson QB.
There are seemingly one bazillion Tylers and Trevors.
An honest mistake, or slip up.

Hey, it's not like I'm pretending to be British or something... lol

O the humanity!
All the Texas A&M exes googling and amazoning for Tyler Lawrence jerseys!