Twitter: Aikman savages Doug Gottlieb on Luck

Rayman70

Reaction score
He hung the Colts out to dry, there's no denying that.

At the same time, he doesn't need anyone's approval to make the decision he felt was best for the rest of his life. Doug Gottlieb making it a generational statement is just ridiculous.
Dougie is a piss ant and a weasel. That said,Troy was out of bounds with how he responded to him. Both guys were classless.I expect better from Troy...not so much for Gottleib. The soapbox sure looks overcrowded these days with folks that project butt hurt feelings as facts. ..instead of truth. The truth is, no one takes issue with Luck retiring. That's his right. Most sane folks agree that 1 truth exists on this subject..and that is, QB position plays such a large role on ticket sales,wins and losses, merch sales, PR, and the success of the entire team, so its not out of line in saying everyone involved deserved more notice than 2 weeks prior to kickoff. I wonder what Irsay and Luck knew, and when did they know it. It feels like they extorted money from the fans really...

Rayman70

Reaction score
I honestly thought it was crazy for him to retire right before the season. I bet the fans hate him. He will have to move. lol

Not many qbs do that unless it is a major health concern. It sounds like he was just tired of the cycle.
agree. But don't you struggle with the notion that he suddenly made this choice? Doesn't it feel like this had been brewing for much longer? That' said, why didn't he simply retire prior to the draft? I dunno...its just a bad look..looks suspicious.

TexasHillbilly

Reaction score
agree. But don't you struggle with the notion that he suddenly made this choice? Doesn't it feel like this had been brewing for much longer? That' said, why didn't he simply retire prior to the draft? I dunno...its just a bad look..looks suspicious.
I wonder why also. We may never know. Kinda like the "how many licks" in the tootsie pop commercial. I am sure it has been on his mind for a while. Maybe the ankle thing was the straw that broke the back. He just said, "screw this".

John813

Reaction score
After reading/hearing Luck I take back my post in another thread.
Wasn't a shot at him per-say, but didn't get how football was exactly affecting his marriage.

I don't blame him walking away. Just sucks for the Colts/fans that he retired now and not in March. But I guess he was healthy then?

Rayman70

Reaction score
After reading/hearing Luck I take back my post in another thread.
Wasn't a shot at him per-say, but didn't get how football was exactly affecting his marriage.

I don't blame him walking away. Just sucks for the Colts/fans that he retired now and not in March. But I guess he was healthy then?
my guess is his heart wasn't in it back in march either. Hearts don't change that fast in a matter of 2-3 months. Your either all in or out.

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score

Why is Luck trying to see how an injury/rehab progresses and taking his time making such a life altering like this not a possibility?

Why do you purposefully limit yourself to thinking he made a rash decision seemingly overnight?