Twitter: Aikman savages Doug Gottlieb on Luck

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
How will history judge him...... respectable legend or a guy that quit on his fans and teammates.

Brooksey

Reaction score
Andrew Luck is a head case. Gottlieb nailed it and the twitter media bots are pounding the table triggered as usual. Medically last year he was ready to go.. there was "zero" sign of injury on the MRI per the Colts Irsay and he still wouldn't throw the football.

In the future when they see Andrew Luck they will say wow there goes Andrew Luck "The Quitter"

What a crook -

ghst187

Reaction score
What Luck did is the difference between telling the girl you want to break off the engagement 5 months before the wedding or the day of the wedding.

Better before or even day of rather than after the wedding....

Brooksey

Reaction score
That's not the way you were framing it earlier. I told you to just go with "I'm trolling, bro!". Stop pretending you're in some neutral position or just arguing over poor word choice.

Your words mean nothing we all know you're for flag football in the future and participation trophies. Cry me a river Matty

Sydla

Reaction score
Andrew Luck is a head case. Gottlieb nailed it and the twitter media bots are pounding the table triggered as usual. Medically last year he was ready to go.. there was "zero" sign of injury on the MRI per the Colts Irsay and he still wouldn't throw the football.

In the future when they see Andrew Luck they will say wow there goes Andrew Luck "The Quitter"

What a crook -

He played last year.

joseephuss

Reaction score

What a crook -

I don't find Irsay to be a person I would trust. It isn't as if an MRI will always show everything. Some injuries just don't show up and a player can still feel some pain or discomfort. It didn't stop Luck from going out there last season. Luck started and played all 16 games in 2018 and was 2nd in pass attempts.

tyke1doe

Reaction score
I highly doubt Aikman would quit in his 7th year because of an ankle sprain. And I am sure he wouldnt do it two weeks before the season began.

Aikman is better than Luck.
Luck plays in a different era than Aikman.
We now know more about concussions than we did previously.
We are seeing the effects of chronic pain more now than we have previously.
Players are making more money and can afford to retire earlier now than they did in Aikman's era.
Shrug.

tyke1doe

Reaction score
I actually think Doug has a point too tho. Didn't Luck owe it to his employer to at least give them an idea in advance that he was thinking about retirement before 2 weeks til kick off? Aikman is right too.
How do we know he didn't?
How do we know he didn't just come to this realization?
Maybe it was immediate.

Big_D

Reaction score
Doesn't seem like he really deserved a response in the first place.

tyke1doe

Reaction score
It amazes me that people always know best how other people should live their lives.
You should take less money for the betterment of the team.
You should gut it out for one more year. Your body can take it.
Your injuries are all in your mind.
You're not mentally ill, you're just mentally weak. :rolleyes:

Brooksey

Reaction score
It amazes me that people always know best how other people should live their lives.
You should take less money for the betterment of the team.
You should gut it out for one more year. Your body can take it.
Your injuries are all in your mind.
You're not mentally ill, you're just mentally weak. :rolleyes:

Just shut down the game, the pain is just too much even for foot and rib injuries now. Everybody is a winner

Flag Football 50-50 gender neutral is the future anyway.

tyke1doe

Reaction score
Just shut down the game, the pain is just too much even for foot and rib injuries now. Everybody is a winner

Have you played football on the professional level?

mattjames2010

Reaction score

Why do you pretend every foot injury is equal?

Reverend Conehead

Reaction score
You misspelled Texas Tough.

Doug Gottlieb isn't a dirt bag. He's Texas Tough and recognizes when a player isn't Texas Tough like he is. #USA

So you're saying Luck has no right to quit and if he chooses to he's some kind of wimp?