Twitter: Aikman savages Doug Gottlieb on Luck

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Dude, it kept him out of camp. That's multiple weeks right there, couple that with weeks going into the regular season and them not even having a time frame for his return. How do you think this plays out, man? He missed 97% of camp, you know, which is pretty dang important for conditioning.

You want to actually listen to what Luck was saying in his presser? He was not speaking of this injury as something small, he knew it was going to lead to rehab and long term pain.

https://www.sportingnews.com/us/nfl...ck-retire-colts-qb/1nta6urevjrpi1p4wm8dy4pops

"At some point over the last two weeks, Andrew Luck decided enough was enough. He was in pain yet again, and this time, the agony was not ceasing. He told Colts owner Jim Irsay and team officials he needed to retire from football in order to live the life he wants to live, a life without this kind of suffering."

So yeah, I'm gonna go ahead and say this injury was severe enough for Luck to say "Enough is enough".

Suffering? LOL

Whenever you find the proof that this was a severe injury, let me know. Like I said............I have actually googled the internet in search of evidence and there is none.

All you are basically doing is assuming that it was a severe injury. Because LIKE ME..............there is no way that some guy just up and quits because of a minor injury.

And you keep throwing around the term "rehab"..........like its some kind of proof that it was severe.

Rehab is a very broad term. And it was already acknowledged that there was NO SURGERY needed. So I find it laughable that you are somehow trying to pawn this off as a month long type rehab after surgery.

HE was practicing and "on schedule to play in the first game".

He simply couldnt deal with it any more. There has NEVER been a more obvious example of a guy that just up and quit............simply because he was over it.

And make NO MISTAKE.........it caught EVERYONE off guard. Even if the FO had an idea a week ago..............It was still a shock.

Melonfeud

I Copy!,,, er,,,I guess,,,ah,,,maybe.
Reaction score
I seriously doubt Luck quit because of an ankle sprain... There is probably a lot more to it. He could just sit on IR getting paid, or free the team up to make decisions for their future.
He probably saw some type of writing on the wall, and didn't want to spend half of the rest of his career on comebacks from injury. If his body, heart, or mind is not up to the challenge,
he made the right decision for the team, in reality.
Hey,Zerofill? Do you recall all the amped-up hype C.B.S.( or the League as a whole, it seemed to me,anyway) was playing up ol' Andy& co. in our 2014 match up with Indy ? ,,,Man,I sure do, it was almost like they thought if they heaped enough praise upon the Luck led Colts, they would prevail,,,:lmao: Romo-Co. Shot that dream down in convincing fashion, Man,that was a fun season to be a Cowboys fan,,,o_O

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
Luck is a quitter. He came in the league made his money. His wife is pregnant with their first kid. So he's like meh I don't have to work anymore. Good for him. But he's still a quitter and it doesn't surprise me. He's never shown the fire, emotion, or any swag that he loves the game.

With all due respect, this is complete BS...…………….Luck played in a game one time with his kidney freaking torn in half.

You would be in the hospital for a month with the same injury, so dont question his emotion or desire to play the game.

Hennessy_King

Reaction score
With all due respect, this is complete BS...…………….Luck played in a game one time with his kidney freaking torn in half.

You would be in the hospital for a month with the same injury, so dont question his emotion or desire to play the game.
what you mean. he didn't play the rest of the season after they diagnosed him after the game. They prolly had him so doped up he didn't feel anything.

nobody

Reaction score
*Honestly Bro, I've not followed this thread continuously( it's 31 pages already?), as ,I'll 80% of the time, pull a quote of someone I kinda' like/admire as a forum fellow, if I've a similarly paralleled view with an addendum to shoot the $*** with, ya know? And a lot of times,I'll just randomly drop into a midrange page of a thread just to catch the "drift" or "vibe" of it's direction, I stopped reading thru complete threads a long ways back& I know I'm missing out on some pretty good stuff most of the time, but I'm johnny come lately on 90% of the happening action that goes on around here anyway,But, in answering the posed question?, YES, MOST DEFINITELY .:thumbup:

Now see,Big-G ,all this time, my less than finely tuned ear fer' bean lingo, had me pronouncing that Richard Head reference as to being vocable as "Baboso",,, prolly cuz' I learnt it from some whirtoes ,huh?:lmao:

I like you too, buddy. You confuse me at times, but you're entertaining as heck.

Hennessy_King

Reaction score
Do you know his entire circumstances? Do you know for certain it's just cause he doesn't want to play and there's not something else going on? Why is that stupid?
You guys are trying to look more into than it is. He played 6 years. made 100 million. His wife is pregnant with their first kid. He likes meh I got the bread no need to play. He used football as a vessel not because he actually enjoys it. If he wasn't a QB and couldn't make 100 million in 6 years he would still be playing just sayin.

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
Suffering? LOL

Whenever you find the proof that this was a severe injury, let me know. Like I said............I have actually googled the internet in search of evidence and there is none.

All you are basically doing is assuming that it was a severe injury. Because LIKE ME..............there is no way that some guy just up and quits because of a minor injury.

And you keep throwing around the term "rehab"..........like its some kind of proof that it was severe.

Rehab is a very broad term. And it was already acknowledged that there was NO SURGERY needed. So I find it laughable that you are somehow trying to pawn this off as a month long type rehab after surgery.

HE was practicing and "on schedule to play in the first game".

He simply couldnt deal with it any more. There has NEVER been a more obvious example of a guy that just up and quit............simply because he was over it.

And make NO MISTAKE.........it caught EVERYONE off guard. Even if the FO had an idea a week ago..............It was still a shock.

Some people are sincerely dumb while others are purposely ignorant.

Which one are you?