Aikman still believes in Prescott

plymkr

Reaction score
I’m curious if Troy still believes in the Cowboys as a whole team.

Staubacher

Reaction score
Seems we have a lot of the old Cowboys coming out of the woodwork rallying around the status quo.

CTcowboy203

Reaction score
They aren’t rallying around the status quo….they recognize how far the franchise has fallen and realize that in actuality this is the best stretch of football the organization has had since 95’, that’s a said fact but it’s the truth. They also recognize ifs hard winning 12 games and making the playoffs 3 years in a row.

I was fine with moving in from McCarthy but I also realize this was not an easy decision for Jerry at all.

Staubacher

Reaction score
They aren’t rallying around the status quo….they recognize how far the franchise has fallen and realize that in actuality this is the best stretch of football the organization has had since 95’, that’s a said fact but it’s the truth. They also recognize ifs hard winning 12 games and making the playoffs 3 years in a row.

I was fine with moving in from McCarthy but I also realize this was not an easy decision for Jerry at all.
Low standards beating on bad teams and flopping in the playoffs early every year. Just because that's better than a decade of Jason Garrett doesn't make it acceptable. But hey you're exactly what Jerry Jones wants fans who will accept the mediocrity

BoysForLife

Reaction score
What do you want him to say? This is the Overton window. This has always been the case, you can never criticize fellow players.
Dak isn't a fellow player

Aikman is an analyst now.

I'm not saying Troy is being dishonest. It's entirely possible that he truly believes Dak is still the right guy. And that's fine

But if he doesn't believe that, he shouldn't shrink away from saying so simply because he used to play for the Cowboys

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
Low standards beating on bad teams and flopping in the playoffs early every year. Just because that's better than a decade of Jason Garrett doesn't make it acceptable. But hey you're exactly what Jerry Jones wants fans who will accept the mediocrity
You know what you can do.

Get!

Cowboys won't miss you.

CTcowboy203

Reaction score

It’s not better than a decade of garrett it’s better than 3 decades of everything the team has done since the aikman days. I don’t accept the mediocrity because that would mean I’m ok with it. I just laugh at all the super bowl or bust posters when the damn team hasn’t made a championship game in 30 years. I’m a realist.

All coaches who are brought in say the goal is to win super bowls, that’s the goal of 30+ teams as it should be but beyond that McCarthy was brought in to bring stability to the organization, consistency to the organization, not 8-8 followed by 5-11 followed by 10-6 then 9-7 then 13-3 roller coaster years. The goal was and is to be a team that gets to the playoffs and is in the hunt every year and you can’t be in the hunt if you’re not in the playoffs and if you’re not in the playoffs you can’t win super bowls.

I bash jerry all the time, my avatar was him in clown paint for 3 years, I was fine firing McCarthy but I understand it’s not as black and white as the dopes here say.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
He is just another Jerry mouthpiece
Aikman is very opinionated. He’s been critical of how Jerry runs the team and the team in general, so much so some Cowboys fans have grown to dislike him. They’ve accused him of hating the Cowboys. :rolleyes: He’s refraining from saying anything negative about Dak because he played the position and knows the pressures. However, he did say it’s going to be hard for Dak to overcome his past experiences.

CanadianCowboysFan

Lightning Rod
Reaction score
having high standards is great but one must also have to be realistic, getting mad as hell over a loss does nothing

dckid

Reaction score
Dak isn't a fellow player

Aikman is an analyst now.

I'm not saying Troy is being dishonest. It's entirely possible that he truly believes Dak is still the right guy. And that's fine

But if he doesn't believe that, he shouldn't shrink away from saying so simply because he used to play for the Cowboys
I don't think Aikman wants to have a hot take. He is not Skip Bayless throwing jersey's in the trash.
He has to follow the status quo, there is a concept called the overton window.. I think it applies very nicely here.

There is a reason why teams end up paying 40 million to Cousins for years up years or why the Giants paid Daniel Jones 40 million a year. No team is bold enough to Zig while the league is zagging.
Moving off of Dak is the right move to make. We could get 80% of Dak if not more with a player like Minshew, to a lesser degree Tyrod Taylor, Baker, the Ravens backup. Yes there is a degree of performance degredation but no matter what you do Dak will not be a franchise QB. He will not ascend to the a top 5 QB level.
I will exclude Mahomes from the discussion because that makes no sense. I honestly cannot see him play at a Burrow, Hurts, Josh Allen, Lamar, level. It hasnt happened since he has been in the league.

Qcard

Reaction score
What do you want him to say? This is the Overton window. This has always been the case, you can never criticize fellow players.
But when Troy Aikman criticized Prescott in the past Dak Haters said the exact same thing? :laugh: :laugh: :clap:

OGSixshooter

Reaction score
Roger spoke nicely about Quincy. It's the kind thing to do.

If Aikman was a GM...does he stick with him? It's not his dollar so...

nate dizzle

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Troy is in the 11%? Probably just being diplomatic.
The poll is asking if you're happy with Dak as the QB, not whether you believe in him. I believe in him, as should everyone. He definitely exists.

Staubacher

Reaction score
having high standards is great but one must also have to be realistic, getting mad as hell over a loss does nothing
I'm not mad I expected them to flop. I'm just saying changes should be made after a debacle like that especially when it's 3 years in a row