CFZ Aikman yukking it up on MNF

Kingofholland

Reaction score
I think Buck and Aikman are perfectly fine game callers, but I don't watch because of the announcers. A bad announcer can certainly detract from the game, but for the most part most do a decent job breaking down the game and adding some color. The Aikman/Buck duo is definitely the best they've rolled out the last few years.

Praxit

Reaction score
....Aikman gives me that feeling of, "Crap!, ...F&^%$N Cowboys, win a super bowl, tired of the verbiage excuses on air".

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Annoyed at a guy enjoying himself and being happy?

This is def a Dave Chappelle at the Player Hater Ball moment lol
Really? If you think that sounds like natural Troy, OK. I don't.

And I've never been an Aikman detractor, I like him and think he does a good job of maintaining his objectivity.

I just think it's odd, and a little distracting since I have watched and listened to every MNF, that they're trying to lighten him up this way.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I don't think anyone tunes in for the announcing crew but Aikman and Buck are doing something they never did on Fox, inside, wink and a nod, jokes like that staying out of trouble in the Quarter last night. Aikman would have never even intimated that on Fox on the afternoon broadcast. And there was definitely an inside joke between them and the ref analyst last night.

I can tell you this, that is Never Break Rule #2 in broadcasting, never make the audience feel they are not in the know. And damn, I want to know what kind of trouble ole Troy's been getting into.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
I turn off the volume when Buck is working. He acts like every 1st down was an OT win. This isn't Baseball. Plus, even the most casual fans understand the most basic BS he blabbers.

817Gill

Reaction score
Really? If you think that sounds like natural Troy, OK. I don't.

And I've never been an Aikman detractor, I like him and think he does a good job of maintaining his objectivity.

I just think it's odd, and a little distracting since I have watched and listened to every MNF, that they're trying to lighten him up this way.
You’re completely entitled to your feeling here so I don’t want to seem like I’m asking for a thread removal or that I’m upset or anything.

I just don’t pay much attention to the broadcast guys unless one has a terrible voice or is saying outlandish stuff. So to me it kinda felt like a personal thing lol but if not then apologies as you’re entitled to your opinions and expressing them.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I think Buck and Aikman are perfectly fine game callers, but I don't watch because of the announcers. A bad announcer can certainly detract from the game, but for the most part most do a decent job breaking down the game and adding some color. The Aikman/Buck duo is definitely the best they've rolled out the last few years.
I'm not a fan of Charles "the quizmaster" Davis, or Kenny Albert. I usually just mute it if they get too annoying.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Aikman’s chuckle is beyond annoying! He chuckles at everything and it takes time for his chuckle to wind down. Every little thing that Joe Buck says Aikman chuckles. It’s become an annoying habit that he can’t seem to break.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I don't think anyone tunes in for the announcing crew but Aikman and Buck are doing something they never did on Fox, inside, wink and a nod, jokes like that staying out of trouble in the Quarter last night. Aikman would have never even intimated that on Fox on the afternoon broadcast. And there was definitely an inside joke between them and the ref analyst last night.

I can tell you this, that is Never Break Rule #2 in broadcasting, never make the audience feel they are not in the know. And damn, I want to know what kind of trouble ole Troy's been getting into.
I bet it has something to do with beads! Hopefully the kind that you throw to an exhibitionist girl and not the kind a kinky commentator might have

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Aikman’s chuckle is beyond annoying! He chuckles at everything and it takes time for his chuckle to wind down. Every little thing that Joe Buck says Aikman chuckles. It’s become an annoying habit that he can’t seem to break.
I don't think it's just a habit, I think it is the plan.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
I don't think it's just a habit, I think it is the plan.

I think it’s a habit, because he does it even after certain plays are made. A couple of players will start to get into it and he’ll begin to chuckle. He was chuckling during a Dan Patrick interview a couple of years ago. He appears oblivious to it, and I’m surprised members of his family haven’t mentioned it to him.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Wow. Imagine caring about this.
I know, I live such a sheltered life and don't get out much so I live vicariously through all of the announcers on TV.

I find myself agreeing with the GEICO one a lot. He nailed it on that Texas Chainsaw one, that is what you do if you're in a horror movie.

However, I do not usually comment in threads I have no interest in and do not care about.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I think it’s a habit, because he does it even after certain plays are made. A couple of players will start to get into it and he’ll begin to chuckle. He was chuckling during a Dan Patrick interview a couple of years ago. He appears oblivious to it, and I’m surprised members of his family haven’t mentioned it to him.
You think he might have tested his new beer a little too much before they got it down to the prescribed alcohol level?

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Weird that some people have different annoyances than you do!
Hey, I am still pissed they refuse to put Tourette's broadcasters on so at least there's some interest in boring games. Those games would wax the ratings on anything on Nickelodeon.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Hey, I am still pissed they refuse to put Tourette's broadcasters on so at least there's some interest in boring games. Those games would wax the ratings on anything on Nickelodeon.
I still miss Dennis Miller.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
You think he might have tested his new beer a little too much before they got it down to the prescribed alcohol level?

Believe me it’s a habit he has and it’s gotten worse over the years. There was a get together with him, Michael Irvin, Emmitt Smith and Jimmy a few years ago and he was constantly chuckling. It didn’t matter who was talking he was chuckling. It could be because he’s gotten so relaxed in front of the camera. I don’t remember him chuckling as much in the booth when he first started broadcasting.