CFZ Aikman yukking it up on MNF

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The new thing is be high energy in television and it’s kind of a drag.
Maybe it’s not a new thing but it’s more irritating now
And yelling! What the hell, I am not deaf and have the volume control, why are all of these people yelling at me?

If you want to give a bunch of 3rd graders a lesson in how not to behave when around others, just sit them down and have them watch one of these daily shows with a panel or any pregame show. They're trying to out yell each other and stepping all over each other and often all are talking at the same time.

I was watching the pregame show last night and while I am not a Steve Young fan, credit to him for asking Larry Fitzgerald, a gentleman, to finish what he was saying before McFarland and Griffin stepped all over him. It is obvious that Fitzgerald is out of that place because he's not built to fight for time. Griffin is flat out just bad and thinks he's a star.

mrmojo

Reaction score
Yeah those guys too.. but Christiansen was the only one constantly working SAT words into his analysis.
I did not knw Todd passed away.....yes he had the quote from JJ for the question he asked at halftime of SB 27 "Were not Houston"....great TE, 2 SBs.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
And yelling! What the hell, I am not deaf and have the volume control, why are all of these people yelling at me?

If you want to give a bunch of 3rd graders a lesson in how not to behave when around others, just sit them down and have them watch one of these daily shows with a panel or any pregame show. They're trying to out yell each other and stepping all over each other and often all are talking at the same time.

I was watching the pregame show last night and while I am not a Steve Young fan, credit to him for asking Larry Fitzgerald, a gentleman, to finish what he was saying before McFarland and Griffin stepped all over him. It is obvious that Fitzgerald is out of that place because he's not built to fight for time. Griffin is flat out just bad and thinks he's a star.
That's what happens when you put a bunch of alpha males in one room with a camera...Well, it happens with idiots too, but not all of these guys are idiots.

TequilaCowboy

Reaction score
Is it me or when ESPN decided to pay him all that money did they decide to have he and Buck loosen it up and have Troy play the part of laughing sidekick? He laughs at what Buck says as well as the ref analyst.

Last night he even referenced “staying out of trouble” when they had a shot of the French Quarter. There was definitely something going on between he and Buck with that comment.

I have noticed he has developed this habit of chuckling before he is going explain something that is really not funny. It sounds like forced personality.

ESPN even had them in those funky yellow ABC blazers last week and it was evident they were not happy with that.

I have always liked Aikman’s presentation even when he compliments the Eagles, which causes most here to chant “get a rope”! But this new one does not fit him well.

I think what happened is when they decided to go after him, they wanted a more Romo presentation for their money. Romo is more like having a loquacious buddy sitting on the couch with you watching the game. Aikman has always been a little stiffer than that.

So, I was wondering if others have noticed this change since he went from Fox to ESPN?

I agree he was coming off as a dry humorless no personality kind of guy before on FOX..and other than the chuckling and attempted humor i still kind of gotten tired of his schtick... i like Aikman, but has the same old sayings, observations and color analysis ...just fill in the blank on the team/player involved.

fairviewfarmer

Reaction score
I haven't listened to acheman or moe buck for years. The mute button is there for a reason. :)

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
aNYTHING/ANYONE IS BETTER THAN WATCHING
Try and fail. They are annoying.

They are the absolute worst. Hated them last year, tried them again last night and couldn't stomach them. Eli doesn't even pay attention to the game at all and they just overall suck at their current jobs. I wouldn't have them as broadcasters if they were free, can't believe espn actually pays them.

Flamma

Reaction score
TBH, I watch the Mannings version of MNF just so I don't have to listen to the commentary. The main thing that bothers me about the commentary is when they can't stop gushing over a player. Good Lord, stop already. Just call the game and comment on the game. How many times do they have to tell you how great someone is?

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
TBH, I watch the Mannings version of MNF just so I don't have to listen to the commentary. The main thing that bothers me about the commentary is when they can't stop gushing over a player. Good Lord, stop already. Just call the game and comment on the game. How many times do they have to tell you how great someone is?

I watched the MNF version with the Mannings once and never again! Just watching Peyton Manning sitting with his eyes bugging out and his mouth open watching the TV like he’s watching a disaster unfold was enough for me. He always has that look of amazement on his face. I made the mistake of recording MNF with those two and was stuck with it.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
He was too smart for most football fans.

That was the worst experiment in the history of MNF. Miller always looked like he just rolled out of bed as the telecast started with his hair all sticking up, adjusting his sport coat. They brought him in to add a little humor to the booth and he wasn’t even funny. I read where Al Michaels wasn’t happy working with him.

Flamma

Reaction score
I watched the MNF version with the Mannings once and never again! Just watching Peyton Manning sitting with his eyes bugging out and his mouth open watching the TV like he’s watching a disaster unfold was enough for me. He always has that look of amazement on his face. I made the mistake of recording MNF with those two and was stuck with it.

I won't argue with a single thing you said. I watch them anyway. So you can imagine what I think about the regular broadcast.

Cowboysheelsreds053

Reaction score
That was the worst experiment in the history of MNF. Miller always looked like he just rolled out of bed as the telecast started with his hair all sticking up, adjusting his sport coat. They brought him in to add a little humor to the booth and he wasn’t even funny. I read where Al Michaels wasn’t happy working with him.

This, give me the original 3 and the way it use to begin right after the Rookies went off in the early 70’s.

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
Is it me or when ESPN decided to pay him all that money did they decide to have he and Buck loosen it up and have Troy play the part of laughing sidekick? He laughs at what Buck says as well as the ref analyst.

Last night he even referenced “staying out of trouble” when they had a shot of the French Quarter. There was definitely something going on between he and Buck with that comment.

I have noticed he has developed this habit of chuckling before he is going explain something that is really not funny. It sounds like forced personality.

ESPN even had them in those funky yellow ABC blazers last week and it was evident they were not happy with that.

I have always liked Aikman’s presentation even when he compliments the Eagles, which causes most here to chant “get a rope”! But this new one does not fit him well.

I think what happened is when they decided to go after him, they wanted a more Romo presentation for their money. Romo is more like having a loquacious buddy sitting on the couch with you watching the game. Aikman has always been a little stiffer than that.

So, I was wondering if others have noticed this change since he went from Fox to ESPN?
Aikman is definitely non-bias when discussing Cowboys football.