Albert Breer's nugget on Trey Lance

kskboys

Reaction score
Plenty of reasons first being you don't want your chosen starter looking over his shoulder, especially in that scenario (you have a QB on the roster that you traded multiple 1st rounders for, and literally the last player taken in the draft) ANY STRUGGLE, media and fans alike would be calling for the higher pick to start.
If your QB is really that mentally weak, it doesn't matter anyway. This isn't Little League where everyone gets to play.

Siroky

Reaction score
I’m not sure why so many are giving up on Lance. Coming out of college everyone knew he was raw and needed experience. From my recollection he didn’t play bad- he got injured back to back years. I’m not say he if at a pro bowl level- but no one knew how jordan love would play after 4 years til he was given the starting role. Lance deserves that same chance still

Hadenough

Reaction score
I am rooting for this kid, but understanding Jerry's thinking with the trade is getting harder and harder.

https://www.si.com/nfl/nfl-headlines/five-nfc-teams-with-the-best-super-bowl-chances-01hxctcvg9e4

From Bernie Bahrmasel (@BernieBahrmasel): What are you hearing this offseason regarding Trey Lance and is he an option for QB2 this year in Dallas? Who would you say he compares to favorably based on the small sample we've seen?

Bernie, I’d start here with Trey Lance: He is, by all accounts (including my own), a fantastic kid and a good worker, and just got caught in a weird situation in San Francisco. After getting hurt he watched the sand in the hourglass on his time to develop fall due to the Niners’ place as a contender in the NFC. I still believe that if the potential is there for Lance to make it, he’ll pull every lever he can to do so.

At this point, if he can grow to be Tyrod Taylor, that’d be a big win.

And that’s to say I think it’s O.K. to hope he can become the Dallas Cowboys’ backup quarterback, and play well in spots, but it’s asking too much to think that he’ll be the right backup plan if somehow Dak Prescott isn’t on the team in 2025
Trade never should of been done. Like I've said a million times if Shanahan let him go he ain't no good. And if Shanahan let him go to Dallas you know he is no good. Shanahan is a QB friendly coach and he just gave up on Lance for Sam Darnold. Jerry was fleeced!

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
Trade never should of been done. Like I've said a million times if Shanahan let him go he ain't no good. And if Shanahan let him go to Dallas you know he is no good. Shanahan is a QB friendly coach and he just gave up on Lance for Sam Darnold. Jerry was fleeced!
I hate to say it but I can't argue with this at all ..........

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
@big dog cowboy Did you read this? ^^^

This is the truth. 100%

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
@big dog cowboy Did you read this? ^^^

This is the truth. 100%
No it isn't. He said "if Shanahan let him go he ain't no good" and no one can prove that's true. Did Shanahan say it? Where's the link?

If Lance is a real-deal NFL starter, Kyle Shanahan and the Niners utterly failed to give him the reps most quarterbacks need to grow. They were cavalier about his development, and eager to toss him to the curb when given the chance. As Bomani Jones pointed out last week, the Bills gave a longer leash to Nathan Peterman than the 49ers did to Lance. Zach Wilson, whom the Jets took with the pick before Lance, will go down as one of the biggest busts in draft history. He’s thrown six times as many NFL passes as Lance. Obviously some of that is due to injuries, but even the Jets are letting Wilson hang around as the backup this year.
https://www.sfgate.com/49ers/article/kyle-shanahan-trey-lance-benched-trade-18329189.php

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
For the record I am leaving this thread. This trade and Lance have been beaten to death for months. Until there is new news he really isn't worth spending time on or discussing.

For the record part 2, I don't give a rats *** what Breer has to say (good or bad) about Lance either. When did he suddenly become a NFL personal guru? Last time I checked, he was a reporter. Like all the others, they will say whatever they have to for clicks. All he is qualified to do is mow my yard.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
No it isn't. He said "if Shanahan let him go he ain't no good" and no one can prove that's true. Did Shanahan say it? Where's the link?

https://www.sfgate.com/49ers/article/kyle-shanahan-trey-lance-benched-trade-18329189.php
Here is the link. Straight out of Kyle Shanahan's mouth. Shanahan clearly says he told Trey Lance he was no longer good enough to start, nor even be backup QB (QB#2 which was given to Sam Darnold after preseason 2023 competition), hence why he was demoting Lance to the 3rd string QB position.

If anyone insists to believe otherwise, you are simply in denial.

iceberg

rock music matters
Reaction score
I like how everyone has an opinion on this kid, usually a negative one, based on 4 whole games but still think Dak is going to all of a sudden become talented a decade into his career.
dak gives hope.

he then dashes them on the cliff of reality time and time again, but he *is* good enough to make you *think* he will improve.

then we're back to cliff-dashing again.

at least change the scenery on our way out.

Cowboys5217

Reaction score
Lance needs most of the QB snaps in pre-season. We don't play starters so Dak will be out. Give Rush the first two drives to make sure he's good and the rest of the game is Lance and whatever camp bodies remain get some time late in the 4th.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
No...not always. Dak wasnt the best qb 2016. Sometimes things just go differently than expected.

As far as fleeced...if this is, it hardly registers on the chart. A burned 4th and media topic aint nothing.