Twitter: Aldon Smith has been impressive

aria

Reaction score
We’re going 16-0! I’m doubling down my Super Bowl bet on this news! Get your odds at +1500 now before everyone else figures out we’re already Super Bowl Champions, they have the Ravens as the favs. Pfst...they haven’t even seen Aldon yet!

cowboyec

Reaction score
FINALLY.
A DE WHO BATS DOWN PASSES.
hope others follow suit.
it seems to be a lost art these days.
its just another way DEs can be dispruptive...Too Tall did it to perfection.

this is a great start for him.
seems to keep stackin' good days.

JohnsKey19

Reaction score
I've been down this road before. Heard great things about all of our defensive ends every offseason lol.

Smith is a different animal I have no idea how this will turn out, but if he's even 80% of the player he was in San Fran before his life life/career spiraled out of control, he's arguably the most impactful player on the 2020 defense.

Scotman

Reaction score
If we accidentally hit big on Aldon Smith, it would be huge. There's a reason Jerry takes these gambles. He's 30, turning 31 at the end of September. He's almost 2 years younger than Everson Griffen.

Do I think it will work out? Do I think he will automatically return to his former self but with more strength and maturity? At this time of year, I always do.

BigTimeBlues

Reaction score
I understand some of y'all being guarded, due to being let down in the past. But, look at it as face value: the guy has been out of football for 5 years and is having successful progress against one of the BEST tackles in the league.

Pads or not, that in itself is very impressive, or so I thought it should be.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I understand some of y'all being guarded, due to being let down in the past. But, look at it as face value: the guy has been out of football for 5 years and is having successful progress against one of the BEST tackles in the league.

I'm with you, but I can also understand the skepticism. After all these years, it's deserved as well.

BigTimeBlues

Reaction score
I'm with you, but I can also understand the skepticism. After all these years, it's deserved as well.

Oh believe me, and if my response leads others to think so as well I apologize, but I do believe a bit of skepticism is warranted.

I'd like to think that some could turn the "doom and gloom" notch down just a bit. We're all due for some good news, especially with everything going on.

Carson

Reaction score

This is true and I don’t disagree.

but man some dudes are just made to rush the passer. Reminds of Julius Peppers. Peppers probably rolls out of bed today and gets 6 sacks on the season

DuncanIso

Reaction score
If we accidentally hit big on Aldon Smith, it would be huge. There's a reason Jerry takes these gambles. He's 30, turning 31 at the end of September. He's almost 2 years younger than Everson Griffen.

Do I think it will work out? Do I think he will automatically return to his former self but with more strength and maturity? At this time of year, I always do.

Agree. Both have one year deals.

I’d like to see it work. We need the help at DE.

OGCowboy

Reaction score
Great to hear positive things about this vatto...I’m really pulling for the guy. Cat definitely has a “wow” factor. Would be awesome if he blows up. Be helluva steal deal for this team....
Puro Cowboys