Twitter: Aldon Smith has been impressive

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
I was thinking more along the lines of preseason hype for the team and its players, but your points are valid as well.

Oh, I see. Should have been following the thread more closely.

Beaker42

Reaction score
Back-to-back good practices for him. :popcorn:

Yeah, but according to the naysayers on here - wait, Negative Nancy’s - we cant expect much. If a guy is willing to go through ALL THIS after talking with MM then I knew he was gonna be “more than average”. Just sayin’. Sometimes you gotta BELIEVE.

Beaker42

Reaction score
They have some alignments that have a DPR in what is usually a strong side linebacker role. So they could have 3 edge type pass rushers out there at one time.

Maybe even 4 if they run Wade Phillips style 3-4 concepts or Nascar packages where they have ends playing inside in the 4-3.
Griffen, Smith, McCoy and Tank on passing downs with Jaylon flying in. Like it.

johneric8

Reaction score
Throw a Gregory reinstatement in there for good measure!
:thumbup:
I know all of this is wishful thinking but our cowboys are due some good fortune! plus I heard that Jerry has finally stashed enough money away to get out of his deal with the devil that brought us all those super bowls in the 90's... If Gregory comes back as well, that would be insane.
:laugh::yourock:

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I know all of this is wishful thinking but our cowboys are due some good fortune! plus I heard that Jerry has finally stashed enough money away to get out of his deal with the devil that brought us all those super bowls in the 90's... If Gregory comes back as well, that would be insane.
:laugh::yourock:

I'm still euphoric that the Garrett cloud has finally lifted. And I expect that to last me at least a couple of years. A decade enduring that has to equal at least two to three years of optimism now that it's over.

I saw this as a double digit win team, and that was before they signed Griffen to help solidify that RDE position.

Now, I'm thinking 11-12 wins.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Smith is a different animal I have no idea how this will turn out, but if he's even 80% of the player he was in San Fran before his life life/career spiraled out of control, he's arguably the most impactful player on the 2020 defense.
I agree but for him to be 80% of what he was in San Fran.....I don’t think that’s realistic to expect.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I've been down this road before. Heard great things about all of our defensive ends every offseason lol.

So...you...the expert...think what we have done this off-season is the same as we have always done? The same "road"?

Dude....sorry you are so sacred to be so emotionally scarred by being too optimistic about your own team. What a damn sad state of affairs you found yourself in.....disappointment. I think you are trying way to hard to be negatively right.....again. It's almost like you HOPE we fall on our face so you can be emotionally scarred again and right.

You "been down this road before" and are comfortable on it. Obviously.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
So...you...the expert...think what we have done this off-season is the same as we have always done? The same "road"?

Dude....sorry you are so sacred to be so emotionally scarred by being too optimistic about your own team. What a damn sad state of affairs you found yourself in.....disappointment. I think you are trying way to hard to be negatively right.....again. It's almost like you HOPE we fall on our face so you can be emotionally scarred again and right.

You "been down this road before" and are comfortable on it. Obviously.
First off, you clearly didn’t understand my post and should’ve asked if you had any questions before going on this sensitive rant. When I said I’ve been down this road before I’m referring to the media and their overhyping our players before they do anything.

if you want to drink the Kool aid like you’ve been doing since Romo got here then go ahead.

Oz-of-Cowboy-Country

Reaction score
We’re going 16-0! I’m doubling down my Super Bowl bet on this news! Get your odds at +1500 now before everyone else figures out we’re already Super Bowl Champions, they have the Ravens as the favs. Pfst...they haven’t even seen Aldon yet!
If Zeke gets 2,000 yards and a ring will you zip and toss the hate?

MarcusRock

Reaction score
This is true. Then again, it’s not very often you hear about somebody beating Tyron in 1 on 1 drills though.

Which is why this is fishy. How do we know Aldon's agent didn't slip Tyron's agent a few to ask Tyron to "lay down" one turn to get Aldon publicity?

AsthmaField

Outta bounds
Reaction score
I know Smith has been out of football for a long time but the good thing is this: He was never one to win just by quickness and athleticism alone like guys such as Dwight Freeny or Dee Ford. Aldon won with his strength and his length in conjunction with his body control. Those things are still there at any age and frankly, he’s likely stronger now than at any time before.

Some guys are just strong for their size. Country strong, I think it’s called. Smith is just crazy strong and that combined with his length will give blockers fits, no matter if he has been playing or not. He does have athleticism, for sure and he’s highly coordinated for a guy with his length... but he never relied on just that to get to the QB. He’s not like a corner or WR that falls off once he loses a step. No, what he harassed OL and QB’s with is all still there.

Does this mean that he will dominate for sure after so long? Of course not. However, it is a good reason to have some hope that he might get back to how he used to play.

It’s going to be fun as hell to watch and find out.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
First off, you clearly didn’t understand my post and should’ve asked if you had any questions before going on this sensitive rant. When I said I’ve been down this road before I’m referring to the media and their overhyping our players before they do anything.

if you want to drink the Kool aid like you’ve been doing since Romo got here then go ahead.
Hey look...don;t blame ME is you can't express yourself correctly. That's what sucks about being so self-proclaimed clever...is that you AREN"T.

Yes...I get it....."overhyping" players. How DARE fans or even media cheer on the players in the pre season. Be positive or even optimistic. Those fk rs. How dare they.