Twitter: Aldon Smith has been impressive

Redball Express

All Aboard!!!
Reaction score
If we accidentally hit big on Aldon Smith, it would be huge. There's a reason Jerry takes these gambles. He's 30, turning 31 at the end of September. He's almost 2 years younger than Everson Griffen.

Do I think it will work out? Do I think he will automatically return to his former self but with more strength and maturity? At this time of year, I always do.
It wasn't Jerrah who caused Smith to be signed.

Wasn't it said Big Mike had seen him working out and liked what Jay Glazer had to say about Smith?

So this is our HCs personal pearl he unearthed..

Yes?

:thumbup:

Kaiser

Reaction score
Why did we waste money on Griffen?????

Yes, I'm joking but if Smith has something he will be the best backup DE in the NFL.

speedkilz88

Reaction score
Why did we waste money on Griffen?????

Yes, I'm joking but if Smith has something he will be the best backup DE in the NFL.
They have some alignments that have a DPR in what is usually a strong side linebacker role. So they could have 3 edge type pass rushers out there at one time.

Maybe even 4 if they run Wade Phillips style 3-4 concepts or Nascar packages where they have ends playing inside in the 4-3.

Williamsboys

Reaction score
I'm really good with my blowup doll on Friday night, then I wine and dine that hot chick at the club, bring her home and I'm stuck on neutral.
Guess I am better with the tackling dummy.

ItzKelz

Reaction score
Cowboys All-Pro guard Zack Martin is impressed with Aldon Smith: "Guys just don’t move like that. When you watch tape across the league, I’ve never seen a guy move like that."

My initial thought after hearing Zack say this.......
giphy.gif

Bigdog

Reaction score
First we have a qb throw an int to practice squad player and now we have a DE who hasn’t played since 2015 beat our all pro LT. I say cut the qb and LT. That’s how it goes on this here right? Panic threads?

Daillest88

Reaction score
This is true. Then again, it’s not very often you hear about somebody beating Tyron in 1 on 1 drills though.
Exactly what I was gonna say. He’s also a guy at one time was an unstoppable force in the league, he’s not just some new rookie .

Kaiser

Reaction score
First we have a qb throw an int to practice squad player and now we have a DE who hasn’t played since 2015 beat our all pro LT. I say cut the qb and LT. That’s how it goes on this here right? Panic threads?

DONT. GIVE. THEM. IDEAS.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
I'm with you, but I can also understand the skepticism. After all these years, it's deserved as well.

All the way around. Alcoholism is a difficult addiction of overcome.

I'm rooting for him to stay sober, for his sake, and to quickly return to being the player he once was, for ours.

In some ways, if he can regain his form, I think he can be better than he was (and that's saying a lot) because he's filled out his body.

Canada180

bannedontherun88
Reaction score
I have stated that I have been stung many times before by overly optimistic fans and that I will remain in the SHOW ME camp. But dayum the massive potential of this D line is hard to not get overly psyched. This line might be scary good.

~ CROSSES FINGERS !!

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
All the way around. Alcoholism is a difficult addiction of overcome.

I'm rooting for him to stay sober, for his sake, and to quickly return to being the player he once was, for ours.

In some ways, if he can regain his form, I think he can be better than he was (and that's saying a lot) because he's filled out his body.

I was thinking more along the lines of preseason hype for the team and its players, but your points are valid as well.