Twitter: Aldon Smith has been impressive

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
First off, you clearly didn’t understand my post and should’ve asked if you had any questions before going on this sensitive rant. When I said I’ve been down this road before I’m referring to the media and their overhyping our players before they do anything.

if you want to drink the Kool aid like you’ve been doing since Romo got here then go ahead.

Your obsession with Romo is very unhealthy dude. You GOT to let him go!

Come on you can do it...let Romo go. It was a long time ago.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Which is why this is fishy. How do we know Aldon's agent didn't slip Tyron's agent a few to ask Tyron to "lay down" one turn to get Aldon publicity?

When the conspiracy theory is more preposterous than the actual thing that happened....Imma check out.

Aldon's agent slipped Tyrone " a few" (a few what? Tyron has everything he could ever need or want)....to do some falls? To get Aldon....(who doesn't need any help with "publicity").... publicity?

LOL.....hilarious.

Reactions: CWR

Zordon

Reaction score

Zack Martin was talking about Tyron Smith when he made those comments.

It's possible that the question was about Aldon but Martin thought the question was about Tyron.

Yeah, I noticed that too when looking at the video of Martin's media session. With the media asking questions from a separate location, I'm guessing there'll be errors in transcription over the next few weeks.

TWOK11

Reaction score
To think, we’ve gone from being worried about how we’d ever get sacks to having THREE guys who’ve been on the all-pro team as pass rushers in the last 6 years.

If Smith is half the player he was from 2012-2014 and Griffen is still what he was in Minnesota, this could be an elite unit rushing the passer.

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
FINALLY.
A DE WHO BATS DOWN PASSES.

I think Quinn had a career of doing that pretty well.

As for the thrill of beating Tyron, I think Tyron stopped going full out in camp after he broke Gregory in camp (or was it DLaw? both?). Every season, somebody whoops it up because they beat Tyron in camp.

Still, I don't think that Zack is given to BS. I was all for signing Smith as a no cost, high upside player. Thought there was a good chance he could come back to NFL level despite the multiyear layoff. But from the talk, he's way ahead of schedule on my most optimistic expectations.

A week back into the NFL, and Zack is saying "guys just don't move like that". Check mark for physically, he's still an NFL freak. Already, after a *week* back, playing like an NFL player too. My high end expectations for camp was for him to ramp up to being comparable to the downroster guys. Sounds like he's blowing that out of the water, and might be competing with Griffen for the starting spot already, at least for pass rush. Giggity.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Your obsession with Romo is very unhealthy dude. You GOT to let him go!

Come on you can do it...let Romo go. It was a long time ago.
YOU WON'T LET HIM GO!! You've been having this weird obsession with me ever since I called you out on your Romo fanship. Now you're mad at me. Its not my fault. I've moved on and you should too.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Hey look...don;t blame ME is you can't express yourself correctly. That's what sucks about being so self-proclaimed clever...is that you AREN"T.

Yes...I get it....."overhyping" players. How DARE fans or even media cheer on the players in the pre season. Be positive or even optimistic. Those fk rs. How dare they.
Do you know what self proclaimed means? I hope you take it easy on the kool aid I'd hate for you to get stomach cramps from all the kool aid you're drinking.

aria

Reaction score
If Zeke gets 2,000 yards and a ring will you zip and toss the hate?
Never! If and when we win a SB it won’t be because of him, guarantee it.

If I were to guess in order it would be O line (without them zeke or dak would be nothing and therefore so would the receivers), then Dak (if he doesn’t play well the receivers won’t get the ball), then the receivers and last but not least zeke.

Overall I think it will be our O line, D line, and receivers that win the big game for us.

JBell

That's still my Quarterback
Reaction score
I was expecting more fluff, but when a future HOF'er like Zack Martin says something like that...

All aboard the hype train.

TwoCentPlain

Numbnuts
Reaction score
How many people laughed and scratched their heads when Jerry and company signed Aldon Smith? Especially when they heard the amount Jerry paid him.
It took me a day or two to process the information and conclude that it was a really good signing.
Give the front office credit. I still got some blame for keeping Crawford on the roster last year and this year, though :)

cern

Reaction score
The o-line is getting older, but williams, mcgovern, knight and biadasz waiting in the wings. Chance favors the prepared mind.

coult44

Reaction score
Randy Gregory, Anthony Spencer, Dorean Armstrong, Ryan Russell.....among others.

Bruh,,, Ok I’ll give a little and give you Randy. But if you’re listening to anyone that expected big things from Armstrong, Spencer, or Russell, you need to get out a little more and find some better folks to read or listen to. Nobody reliable expected them to be on the same level as the guys we have right now. Not even close

plasticman

Reaction score
Okay... Zak saying that gave me chills... or maybe im just dehydrated.....
That's where I'm at. Martin doesn't strike me as the kind of guy that throws around praise on a regular basis. He means it. That definitely opens my eyes.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Bruh,,, Ok I’ll give a little and give you Randy. But if you’re listening to anyone that expected big things from Armstrong, Spencer, or Russell, you need to get out a little more and find some better folks to read or listen to. Nobody reliable expected them to be on the same level as the guys we have right now. Not even close

That's not the point. My point was it was lip service. Same thing with Greg Hardy as well.

If you guys want to drink the kool aid that's fine. My post wasn't about what you guys should do. I'm just waiting to see it on the field. I've heard Dak was trash in these same training camps and then would go on to have a solid season. Its just lip service but y'all do you man. At best I'm hoping for a 6 sack season with some pressures from Aldon and I'll take that.