Alec Baldwin

terra

Reaction score
Would it change your mind that if people on the set were shooting live rounds at or near the set before this happened?

It's not like live rounds were unheard of or something. They were shooting them during breaks on set...

So, this isn't an excuse, like at all, for me.
Clearly this entire production was a cluster. I have owned blank firing weapons in the past and you really cannot tell the difference even close up. There is no excuse for not using them.

Pass2Run

Reaction score
Clearly this entire production was a cluster. I have owned blank firing weapons in the past and you really cannot tell the difference even close up. There is no excuse for not using them.

Agree with that. I also find it difficult to believe he simply thought it was a "cold" gun. I smell shenanigans.

Praxit

Reaction score
He looks like a killer... He's aged, and I think that's part of why he flew off the handle on this woman, he's insecure about how bad he looks, and she wanted better shots to not capture how bad he looks, and he lost it...shot her over it. I seriously think it was something along these lines that happened. I've learned a lot about body language and reading people over the years, so this is just what I see.

Was curious if anyone else saw it the same.
....hey, thats interesting. She was the photographer right? Wow, might be some correlation happening there.

Pass2Run

Reaction score
To be honest, I think Alec Baldwin has pulled the trigger on sets before like this.. That's why he repeats it twice. "When I first got in this business, I was trained not to just go click click click and pull the trigger, etcetera..because even if it's incremental, you damage the firing pin."

So, he says that part like he's been told not to do this before.

So, of course, he does it again to someone who's trying to tell him what to do.. not the director telling the producer what to do, but a cinematographer telling the director, lead actor, what to do...

And, my theory, she shot him down, possibly, or he just didn't like a low level crew member telling him what to do...

In any event, this guy is a spoiled brat who's never dealt with consequences, like so many other Hollywood brats. And he's obviously, a narcissist who doesn't have any empathy for others.

Pass2Run

Reaction score
....hey, thats interesting. She was the photographer right? Wow, might be some correlation happening there.

Given that it's usually the director who does that role — not the role of the cinematographer's — yeah, it's interesting.

Pass2Run

Reaction score

I can't tell if you're being sarcastic or not. But that's the way I see it. It doesn't make sense. Baldwin wants you to believe that the gun just went off by itself..

That doesn't happen.

Guns don't shoot themselves...

Guns don't kill people, people kill people..

Praxit

Reaction score
I can't tell if you're being sarcastic or not. But that's the way I see it. It doesn't make sense. Baldwin wants you to believe that the gun just went off by itself..

That doesn't happen.

Guns don't shoot themselves...

Guns don't kill people, people kill people..
...I havent followed to much on it. But I agree, guns dont fire themselves. I read, that the photographer woman, told him to point it at me. Thats when the gun went off.

Either way, Baldwin is screwed for a while. He'll be in out of courts for years.

Pass2Run

Reaction score
...I havent followed to much on it. But I agree, guns dont fire themselves. I read, that the photographer woman, told him to point it at me. Thats when the gun went off.

Either way, Baldwin is screwed for a while. He'll be in out of courts for years.

Court, or jail, I'm thinking...

Charges have not been ruled out.

That's not odd?

To me, that's odd.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
I don’t like Alec Baldwin he seems like a hothead, he’s gotten into physical confrontations with people. Don’t know what’s going to come of this situation but it seemed like an accident on his part.

Creeper

Reaction score
‘Rust’ Producers Penalized for “Serious Violation” of Safety Law, Agency Rules

The New Mexico Occupational Health and Safety Bureau issued the producers of the Western a maximum fine of nearly $137,000 for firearm safety violations.

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/b...lation-of-safety-law-agency-rules-1235132830/

This fine is not a lot of money for Baldwin and the other producers of the movie. Since the project was cancelled I imagine the financial losses from stopping production are going to be in the millions.

However, this latest news is going to have the lawyers for the families of the victims clicking their heals. Official reports of negligence and safety violations? Yikes, when the lawsuits are filed the damages claimed will be huge and any chance of a reasonable settlement just went out the window.

triplets_93

Reaction score
This fine is not a lot of money for Baldwin and the other producers of the movie. Since the project was cancelled I imagine the financial losses from stopping production are going to be in the millions.

However, this latest news is going to have the lawyers for the families of the victims clicking their heals. Official reports of negligence and safety violations? Yikes, when the lawsuits are filed the damages claimed will be huge and any chance of a reasonable settlement just went out the window.

terra

Reaction score
special treatment for the few. If you are a hollywood star the law does not matter. Sure.

shabazz

Reaction score
Probably in the running for “Time Magazine Person of the Year”……old Zelinskys just gonna have to wait for next time

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
You can find the police interrogation video of him on youtube. I did not post it here as there is probably some language but I don't know.
It is just over an hour for those who might be interested.

timb2

Reaction score
I heard she was making a movie about Hollywood and abused child actors.