Signed by Cowboys Alfred Morris is Back

cern

Reaction score
It is VERY simple.

The running game was great, and Murray's talents were the least influential of that success.
I do not agree. We moved the chains steadily. Controlled time of possession. Kept our defense off the field and opposing defenses on the field. No doubt dez and tony greatly contributed, but Murray was our star that year. Jmo

ItzKelz

Reaction score
Why not jay Ajayi ?!
thats-my-secret-o2iw12.jpg

John813

Reaction score
Jay Ajayi may very well be holding out for a better gig.
Eventually Zeke would come back and Ajayi would just be the bench warmer.

But a team without a workhorse back could call him in the next month if the fringe starter gets hurt or plays like crap in PS.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
In 2017 he averaged 4.8 yards per carry with Dallas. 115 carries for 547 yards. He is not Zeke but he provides more insurance than anyone else on the roster at this point. And those who are wanting Jay Ajayi, his knees are shot. He is an injury settlement waiting to happen.

And that same year, Ajayi averaged 5.8 yards per carry with Philadelphia. Oh and he won a Super Bowl too.

There's more of a market for Ajayi than for Alfred Morris.

PA Cowboy Fan

Reaction score
I do not agree. We moved the chains steadily. Controlled time of possession. Kept our defense off the field and opposing defenses on the field. No doubt dez and tony greatly contributed, but Murray was our star that year. Jmo
He was the team's MVP that year. Romo had his best season because he finally had a running game.

QuincyCarterEra

Reaction score

But everything you're saying has nothing to do with Murray's talents.

Yes we moved the chained
Yes we controlled the clock(just like we did in 2015, our drives were the 2nd longest in the league)
Yes we kept our defense off the field

The star of the show was our Oline. Put any RB back there(or multiple backs) and we do everything you just said. Hell Joseph Randle was stupid efficient that year. 6.7 YARDS PER ATTEMPT!?!?

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
There's far from any guarantee that either Ajayi or Morris would hope to duplicate what Ezekiel has to offer. Dallas is merely likely to buffer the damage that would be likely to occur without Zeke in the picture. Hopefully, both parties will arrive at a realistic compromise to settle this thing. In any event, Morris will be a good mentor for the youngsters. That also applies to Zeke, whenever he returns -- which I surely would like to believe he will. ;)

Last edited: