All 22 on Biadasz?

Scotman

Reaction score
Has anyone done an all22 film review of Biadasz for this season? He is looking pretty pedestrian by the eye test watching the game on the regular telecast.
I would like to see that. My opinions have been reactionary. I'm watching him when he messes up. I'm definitely not someone who would even know what to look for on a 22. But, I'd love to see someone do it.

Here's a few questions a proper evaluation could try to answer, too. What is the learning curve for an NFL center? What is that transition like from college to the pros? Where is Biadasz on that curve?

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Has anyone done an all22 film review of Biadasz for this season? He is looking pretty pedestrian by the eye test watching the game on the regular telecast.

He has clearly had ups and downs, I see some out standing blocks in the run game, but he has struggled at times with big guys lining up over him.

Crown Royal

Insulin Beware
Reaction score
He's a good run blocker, he can bet beat in pass pro. The A-Gap between he and Williams is the weakest part of the OL.

That said, the Cowboys are a top running team and one of the top offenses. While I hope to find improvement everywhere, staring at his weaknesses is a bit nit-picky.

TWOK11

Reaction score
He’s very good at run blocking when he can fire off and attack the opposing front 7. He has good upper body strength and has a strong intellectual grasp of the game which is huge for a center. His problem is that he has below average athleticism for an NFL OL and struggles in pass protection. A key for an interior OL is the ability to move their feet well to maintain leverage and thus maintain upper body strength, because the guys they are blocking generally are bull rushing them and trying to get them off balance. Against good interior DL he struggles with this. He ends up on his heels any gets pushed back because he loses leverage.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score

Every game. Save for a few pressures he allowed early in the year from the best DT's in the game he is been spot on. And who do you think is leading the charge in the run game pushing the middle of the line?

Biadasz strength is his run blocking and its now 4 games in a row averaging 200 yards on the ground. Its no coincidence that our Oline and running game resurgence has happened the moment we got a REAL center back in here.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
He’s very good at run blocking when he can fire off and attack the opposing front 7. He has good upper body strength and has a strong intellectual grasp of the game which is huge for a center. His problem is that he has below average athleticism for an NFL OL and struggles in pass protection. A key for an interior OL is the ability to move their feet well to maintain leverage and thus maintain upper body strength, because the guys they are blocking generally are bull rushing them and trying to get them off balance. Against good interior DL he struggles with this. He ends up on his heels any gets pushed back because he loses leverage.

All very true. But the only times he has gotten beat was early on against those great DT's.

blueblood70

Reaction score
yes the coaches every week..

they have it under control..

they will let you know what they think if changes are made.

enough said

:omg::rolleyes:

blueblood70

Reaction score
Coaches don't watch film. Are you crazy or something?
:muttley:
just dont see the point that fans needs to study film on players and then what say they think they should be replaced and whine all week..

let the coaches coach , they truly know whos assignment was what on each play not just what an untrained eye think they see..

when an if changes are made we can discuss it until then enjoy the season..jeez

SackMaster

Reaction score
just dont see the point that fans needs to study film on players and then what say they think they should be replaced and whine all week..

let the coaches coach , they truly know whos assignment was what on each play not just what an untrained eye think they see..

You would think they would learn after the "If the coaches don't move Martin to RT then they just don't get it" thread when Collins was suspended.

But I guess not.
:muttley:

fivetwos

Reaction score
Not sure if A22 matters for that position, but I get what you mean.

I rewatched LAC and Philly games specifically to watch him. I paid close attention vs Carolina since it was a subject of debate.

His run blocking is close to Pro Bowl level. I probably jinxed him because I commented that his snaps have been fine, which we take for granted, then yesterday happens. Dak clearly dropped one, but there were others that were iffy. Can't have that.

I only saw one not great snap prior to yesterday. That was the Philly game, and Dak scooped it up.

It's probably important to keep in mind that he is still on the upswing as a player, and can learn technique that can help him get a little better.

Overall I don't think he is that bad, but is probably the weak link right now, and why the focus is on him.

Farinok is intriguing, but if the coaches thought he was a better option.....or do at some point moving ahead, I no longer think the team won't make a move. Things have seemed to have changed around here.

I personally think this will cease to be an issue once Collins returns and also if they would use McGovern at LG.

I suspect that Martin may be helping Steele quite a bit, and therefore can't help inside. I'm not positive there but it's worth a thought.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
Other than misplaced snaps, which isn't a HUGE issue, he's just not strong enough to manage the bigger, more powerful DTs. I like his hustle though, he saved a turnover recovering that fumble.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score

Because the coaches make mistakes as well and don't always make the right decisions, that's why.