All 22 on Biadasz?

DanA

Reaction score
The run blocking of this team is fantastic.
  • Smith is very good all round but has done a great job flipping his hips and sealing. 8/10
  • Williams is really very athletic and has great technique and pad level. 6.5/10
  • Biadasz is an exceptional combo blocker, it’s noticeable how well he comes off one block to the next one down field. 7.5/10
  • Martin is near perfect, technique is always on point and creates push.9.5/10
  • Steele is a road grader, technique is a little sloppy at times but if he gets hands on a D-linemen he puts them on skates. 8/10

The pass blocking is just okay:
  • Smith wins the vast majority of his battles with occasional lapses. 7.5/10
  • Williams is okay but can get beat by power. 6/10
  • Biadasz struggles to reestablish an anchor at times when a powerful guy has a good get off. 4/10
  • Martin is near perfect 9.5/10
  • Steele is okay but footwork struggles and can get beat by speed and finesse. 5/10

That’s how I would rate it at the moment. I think Collins is an 8/10 run blocker and 8/10 pass blocker (at his best) so should be an upgrade over Steele. I have McGovern as about the same as CW.

quickccc

Reaction score
He has clearly had ups and downs, I see some out standing blocks in the run game, but he has struggled at times with big guys lining up over him.

He (Tyler) struggled with snaps vs Giants, low, high, that's something that I definitely did not expect to happen with him.
( though the 7 yrd line goal line snap was on Dak, instead of Tyler)
Cerebral wise, in terms of calling plays, and getting in position vs run and 2nd level, he's still productive.

But vs pass rush, it's been an adventure for him.
Hope the snaps does not become a new adventure for him.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
He (Tyler) struggled with snaps vs Giants, low, high, that's something that I definitely did not expect to happen with him.
( though the 7 yrd line goal line snap was on Dak, instead of Tyler)
Cerebral wise, in terms of calling plays, and getting in position vs run and 2nd level, he's still productive.

But vs pass rush, it's been an adventure for him.
Hope the snaps does not become a new adventure for him.

I don't disagree. I think they will continue to work with him and should he continue to have issues I would not be shocked to see them put in McGovern or Williams at center but for now evidently the coaches see enough to feel they can work with him and develop him. Great part is we do have other options if the team feels they need to move in that direction.

quickccc

Reaction score
I don't disagree. I think they will continue to work with him and should he continue to have issues I would not be shocked to see them put in McGovern or Williams at center but for now evidently the coaches see enough to feel they can work with him and develop him. Great part is we do have other options if the team feels they need to move in that direction.

Should Tyler get hurt, we don't have a Looney around to get by with.
So we're down to guys that have never taken a snap at center in a regular season live game.

I initially thought blowout wins could 've been idea for a Williams, McGovern to take snaps, but i guessing that's too risky vs game momentum roll,
and it's just gonna have to be per immediate injury, that we'll see possible backup centers.

Could coaches adjust to a new center on the fly ? ...Instead of shot gun snaps, QBs goes under center for handoffs ?

Crown Royal

Insulin Beware
Reaction score
  • Smith is very good all round but has done a great job flipping his hips and sealing. 8/10
  • Williams is really very athletic and has great technique and pad level. 6.5/10
  • Biadasz is an exceptional combo blocker, it’s noticeable how well he comes off one block to the next one down field. 7.5/10
  • Steele is a road grader, technique is a little sloppy at times but if he gets hands on a D-linemen he puts them on skates. 8/10

• Biadasz struggles to reestablish an anchor at times when a powerful guy has a good get off. 4/10
  • Steele is okay but footwork struggles and can get beat by speed and finesse. 5/10

That’s how I would rate it at the moment. I think Collins is an 8/10 run blocker and 8/10 pass blocker (at his best) so should be an upgrade over Steele. I have McGovern as about the same as CW.

SMith is 9/10 run blocking and either 8 or 9/10 pass blocking.

Team has holes but some of these are a point or two way to low.

Creeper

Reaction score
He’s very good at run blocking when he can fire off and attack the opposing front 7. He has good upper body strength and has a strong intellectual grasp of the game which is huge for a center. His problem is that he has below average athleticism for an NFL OL and struggles in pass protection. A key for an interior OL is the ability to move their feet well to maintain leverage and thus maintain upper body strength, because the guys they are blocking generally are bull rushing them and trying to get them off balance. Against good interior DL he struggles with this. He ends up on his heels any gets pushed back because he loses leverage.

This is a good assessment. Big strong DTs stand him up, get under his pads and get him off balance. Connor Williams has the same problem. It is a technique issue but Biadasz is young so maybe there is a chance he can improve. Williams is in his 4th year in the NFL, if he hasn't figured it out yet he may never. That's why I am not sure what sense it makes to move Williams to Center. Maybe in an emergency it makes sense, but not as a replacement for Biadasz.

Verdict

Reaction score
The best way to improve a team is to replace the weakest link on the team. Any improvement in a weak area generally gives you the best chance of improving your chances of winning.

To most people who are paying attention the combination of Williams and Biadasz is an area of concern because you have two players, side by side, that struggle with power DTs. It is the overall weakest link on the offense as a whole, and quite possibly the weakest link on the team as a whole.

Many posters here also harped on Jaylon Smith being a weak link on the defense for some time, and the Cowboys apparently eventually came to the same conclusion. There are some very educated fans on this site (and of course a bunch of hoople heads) and many of them see this as an issue.

Crown Royal

Insulin Beware
Reaction score
The best way to improve a team is to replace the weakest link on the team. Any improvement in a weak area generally gives you the best chance of improving your chances of winning.

To most people who are paying attention the combination of Williams and Biadasz is an area of concern because you have two players, side by side, that struggle with power DTs. It is the overall weakest link on the offense as a whole, and quite possibly the weakest link on the team as a whole.

Many posters here also harped on Jaylon Smith being a weak link on the defense for some time, and the Cowboys apparently eventually came to the same conclusion. There are some very educated fans on this site (and of course a bunch of hoople heads) and many of them see this as an issue.

I think Jaylon and his Contract was a worse liability than Williams and Biadasz on rookie deals, but you are right. It's the weakest area of a dominant offense and if a chance to improve becomes obvious it should be considered.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score

Nonsense. Biadasz is clearly a 9 at run blocking minimum. No way we rush for 200 yards the last 4 games without him. EVERY play the center of the line is pushed out and there are huge holes.

Funny how Steele gets a pass for improving, but Biadasz gets hammered for 2 or 3 bad plays all year against the best DT's in the NFL.

In only his 7th start mind you. Steele looked all world terrible in his 7th start last year.

Loso86

Reaction score
Has anyone done an all22 film review of Biadasz for this season? He is looking pretty pedestrian by the eye test watching the game on the regular telecast.
Some guys here don't care and feel if it's don't broke don't fix it, but he is going to cost us at some point

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
I think Jaylon and his Contract was a worse liability than Williams and Biadasz on rookie deals, but you are right. It's the weakest area of a dominant offense and if a chance to improve becomes obvious it should be considered.

Biadasz is a strength and getting better in only his first 10 starts of his career.

Williams on the other hand is in his 4th year and still the weak link.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Should Tyler get hurt, we don't have a Looney around to get by with.
So we're down to guys that have never taken a snap at center in a regular season live game.

I initially thought blowout wins could 've been idea for a Williams, McGovern to take snaps, but i guessing that's too risky vs game momentum roll,
and it's just gonna have to be per immediate injury, that we'll see possible backup centers.

Could coaches adjust to a new center on the fly ? ...Instead of shot gun snaps, QBs goes under center for handoffs ?

Martin never played tackle in the NFL until he had to last year. I think Williams who played center in pre season can handle it if need be.

quickccc

Reaction score
Martin never played tackle in the NFL until he had to last year. I think Williams who played center in pre season can handle it if need be.

Its a different matter when it comes to snapping the ball outta shotgun formations.
Cannot leave that ball on the ground., low or high. (per Williams and his struggles in preseason)

Ironically i believe the earlier OL coaches (Pollack ?) years back, actually had Martin taking center snaps in training camp.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Its a different matter when it comes to snapping the ball outta shotgun formations.
Cannot leave that ball on the ground., low or high. (per Williams and his struggles in preseason)

I'm just saying there are options, I think Biadasz will continue to learn and develop but I also have faith in Williams and no I did not feel he played poorly in pre season

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Because the coaches make mistakes as well and don't always make the right decisions, that's why.

Or maybe you just dont know jack about football or center play. LOL

You are the same guy touting Williams or F whatever his name is would win the center job.

Biadasz is blazing a trail for 200 yards a game and you were dead wrong AGAIN!!! :clap:

Crown Royal

Insulin Beware
Reaction score
Biadasz is a strength and getting better in only his first 10 starts of his career.

Williams on the other hand is in his 4th year and still the weak link.

Yeah I'm ok with Biadasz. It's more that gap in between them I see as the weak link. I'd like to see McGovern win that spot next year and draft some good depth. That guy out of Iowa would be NICE but doubt he falls beyond 15.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Yeah I'm ok with Biadasz. It's more that gap in between them I see as the weak link. I'd like to see McGovern win that spot next year and draft some good depth. That guy out of Iowa would be NICE but doubt he falls beyond 15.

Williams is a liability. Struggles with help blocks and when to engage and disengage. Its why he would be a terrible center. Besides the fact that he cant snap the ball.

Crown Royal

Insulin Beware
Reaction score
Williams is a liability. Struggles with help blocks and when to engage and disengage. Its why he would be a terrible center. Besides the fact that he cant snap the ball.

Agree. I wish him no ill will, he's never injured, he seems to play with fine technique and as a pulling guard I like him. But he's 4 years in and just isn't strong enough. I look forward to another team rewarding him with a huge contract and then wishing it could improve.

TwoCentPlain

Numbnuts
Reaction score
You would think they would learn after the "If the coaches don't move Martin to RT then they just don't get it" thread when Collins was suspended.

But I guess not.
:muttley:

That was a classic thread. Memorable in a bad way for whoever started that thread. I forgot who it was.

TwoCentPlain

Numbnuts
Reaction score

Williams is a 5-year starter. I love how people get triggered and bent out of shape hearing that.

Williams is every bit as good or better than the Giants’ OG Hernandez.