All 22 on Biadasz?

DanA

Reaction score
Biadasz is blazing the run game at center. Killing it. Biadasz gave up 7 pressures I believe in the very first game. Still hasnt give up a sack or had a holding call. So thats what................4 pressures in the last 4 games? Sounds pretty good to me. And we have been averaging 200 rushing yards per game during that time with Biadasz at center running things.

I like steele, but what did Steel look like in his first 7 games? Not like Biadasz, thats for sure.

Steele in his first 7 games wasn’t a designated starter earmarked to continue doing so for the next four years. He was a backup thrusted into a starting role when we had both our OT’s out.

And let’s not cherry pick stats to suit a narrative. Biadasz has had a 3 penalties (false start, unnecessary roughness, and hold). The sample size is tiny so I’m not holding it against him but he’s on track to exceed the most penalized player in the NFL last year with 12-13 penalties.

He also had several bad snaps, two of which resulted in fumbles (one not so bad with a fair bit on Dak but it wasn’t ideal). He was responsible for a strip sack TD against the Eagles that can’t be brushed aside. But yeah, 4 pressures in the last 3 games isn’t bad and I agree he’s been solid/good in the run game.

JonesBoys

Reaction score
Williams is a FA
So he will be replaced
Whether that’s an upgrade or not is unknown
But while I would give CW a second contract he is a pretty solid guard on an oline rushing 200 yards a game

He gets pushed back into the pocket way too much on pass plays. Better in the run game as he pulls very well. Average player.

cffl2323

Reaction score
He's also only played 10.5ish games in the NFL, 10 starts and came in around halfway through his first game. There's very few o-linemen that play at a high level during their first season worth of games. Just a quick glance at the highest graded centers from PFF, and the vast majority of the good ones are 29-32 years old. Biadasz is 23. The Chiefs center, Humphrey, is kind of a freak based off PFF's grades. He's the highest graded center at 22 years old, but even his grades are heavily skewed towards run blocking.

calicowboy54

Reaction score
Has anyone done an all22 film review of Biadasz for this season? He is looking pretty pedestrian by the eye test watching the game on the regular telecast.

the better question is where is ALL 22 at. I cannot get it on NFL GamePass anymore.

TequilaCowboy

Reaction score
He’s very good at run blocking when he can fire off and attack the opposing front 7. He has good upper body strength and has a strong intellectual grasp of the game which is huge for a center. His problem is that he has below average athleticism for an NFL OL and struggles in pass protection. A key for an interior OL is the ability to move their feet well to maintain leverage and thus maintain upper body strength, because the guys they are blocking generally are bull rushing them and trying to get them off balance. Against good interior DL he struggles with this. He ends up on his heels any gets pushed back because he loses leverage.

Great post....footwork is key, but even just as important is how you use your hands to keep their hands off you. Cuz once they grab your pads in front of your chest you are mince meat....you will get pushed like the sled that Jaylon has trouble with. Need to use your hands like a college wrestler. Notice how they are always slapping the opponent hands/arms away from them when they try to get position. Stepnoski was a master of this and why as undersize as he was, he would not get overpowered. Maybe Osa can teach Biadasz a few moves. That is his specialty too in going against offensive linemen.

CarolinaFathead

Reaction score
You would think they would learn after the "If the coaches don't move Martin to RT then they just don't get it" thread when Collins was suspended.

But I guess not.
:muttley:
Oh wait..

You didn’t hear?

We have some very knowledgeable fans on this site and they have the chops to adequately and expertly critique an NFL coaching staff’s intimate knowledge of their own squad/roster.

All of these knowledgeable fans have a last name of Duning-Kruger.

conner01

Reaction score
He gets pushed back into the pocket way too much on pass plays. Better in the run game as he pulls very well. Average player.
Most of your team is gonna be average players
But consider he hasn’t played a full season of football yet he has nice upside

LACowboysFan1

Reaction score
He's also only played 10.5ish games in the NFL, 10 starts and came in around halfway through his first game. There's very few o-linemen that play at a high level during their first season worth of games. Just a quick glance at the highest graded centers from PFF, and the vast majority of the good ones are 29-32 years old. Biadasz is 23. The Chiefs center, Humphrey, is kind of a freak based off PFF's grades. He's the highest graded center at 22 years old, but even his grades are heavily skewed towards run blocking.

Frederick wasn't a Pro Bowler until his second year, and even that year he had 6 penalties.

We got spoiled with Frederick, a meteoric rise to elite center status doesn't happen immediately most of the time. Besides, he's on a rookie contract, there's nobody else on the team that's better at center (McGovern was tried and was worse) at this time, and any free agent significantly better than Biadasz would be prohibitively expensive.

Cowboys will just have to keep working with him, too early to give up on him...

terra

Reaction score
just dont see the point that fans needs to study film on players and then what say they think they should be replaced and whine all week..

let the coaches coach , they truly know whos assignment was what on each play not just what an untrained eye think they see..

when an if changes are made we can discuss it until then enjoy the season..jeez
IF the coaches were so smart they would never get fired.

This idolatry is amusing.

blueblood70

Reaction score
IF the coaches were so smart they would never get fired.

This idolatry is amusing.
if fans were smarter then coahces they woulkd be coaches at the nfl level, they are not

the egomaniacal FAN BASE with somehow delusions' that NFL coaches somehow are missing things they see..lmao

right

they are 10 steps ahead of any fan because they see these guys 40 hrs + a week in practice etc they break down game tape and i mean super finite splitting of play by play for every players and group and its all dissected and summarized then brought to the players for meetings..

but go ahead keep up this delusion that my statements didn't age well, it does..

jnday

Reaction score
Martin never played tackle in the NFL until he had to last year. I think Williams who played center in pre season can handle it if need be.
From what I have seen from C. Williams snapping the ball, it would have to be a desperate situation to have him playing the center position.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Steele in his first 7 games wasn’t a designated starter earmarked to continue doing so for the next four years. He was a backup thrusted into a starting role when we had both our OT’s out.

And let’s not cherry pick stats to suit a narrative. Biadasz has had a 3 penalties (false start, unnecessary roughness, and hold). The sample size is tiny so I’m not holding it against him but he’s on track to exceed the most penalized player in the NFL last year with 12-13 penalties.

He also had several bad snaps, two of which resulted in fumbles (one not so bad with a fair bit on Dak but it wasn’t ideal). He was responsible for a strip sack TD against the Eagles that can’t be brushed aside. But yeah, 4 pressures in the last 3 games isn’t bad and I agree he’s been solid/good in the run game.

He has been more than solid against the run. And that strip sack is BS. That was more on Williams and it was Smith's guy that got the strip.

Biadasz is a great young center. The doubters will be wrong.

Steele looked horrid the first years. Matters not that he was a backup. Its how you perform.

Steele gets a free pass while Biadasz is somehow not allowed to grow with the job.

The kid is blazing the trail to a newfound Oline and 200 yards rushing per game.

DanA

Reaction score
He has been more than solid against the run. And that strip sack is BS. That was more on Williams and it was Smith's guy that got the strip.

Biadasz is a great young center. The doubters will be wrong.

Steele looked horrid the first years. Matters not that he was a backup. Its how you perform.

Steele gets a free pass while Biadasz is somehow not allowed to grow with the job.
we
The kid is blazing the trail to a newfound Oline and 200 yards rushing per game.

I suppose we have a difference in opinion on Biadasz's level of culpability for that sack/fumble. I would consider Biadasz being driven into Dak's lap a contributing factor. I also don't think Steele got a free pass, my perception was that he got hammered weekly and was granted the time by virtue of there being no alternative (similar to Biadasz IMO). I'm happy to stand by my comment that he's solid/good run blocker rather than great and that Biadasz isn't so much blazing the trail, more riding the coat tails of some exceptionally good run blockers along side him.

kumizi

Reaction score
He had like a dozen bad snaps. He’s terrible and gets a pass for some reason. Connor Williams gives up one sack and the entire fan base calls for his head. It’s reall weird.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
I suppose we have a difference in opinion on Biadasz's level of culpability for that sack/fumble. I would consider Biadasz being driven into Dak's lap a contributing factor. I also don't think Steele got a free pass, my perception was that he got hammered weekly and was granted the time by virtue of there being no alternative (similar to Biadasz IMO). I'm happy to stand by my comment that he's solid/good run blocker rather than great and that Biadasz isn't so much blazing the trail, more riding the coat tails of some exceptionally good run blockers along side him.

Only Biadasz isnt getting hammered weekly. The kid is doing great. Especially for his first 8 games or so.

You see what you want to see. Obviously you arent watching. Try replaying the game and looking at just him.

You cant hid a bad center in a run game. Not one that goes for 200 yards per game.

The fumble in the endzone was the fault of Williams disengaging for no reason on a block he started.

But I understand your stance fully. You saw and few plays the first couple games and made your decision. And the ONLY plays you ever probably see are a bad one. I on the other hand watch all of them and often focus on Biadasz. Ill replay it and focus on him.

The run game is his strength and its no coincidence that the run game all of a sudden become unstoppable when he became the center.