All I want for Christmas is an Elite QB

Blackrain

Reaction score
DUDE......you are so far off base. Um...yes Tony DID get benched. The moment he was healthy enough to come back in...coached kept him on the bench except one series...then BENCHED AGAIN. You are rewriting history to suit your agenda. BENCHED.

Jerry has the power over...EVERYTHING? Then what the f are we doing HERE? We're here to talk all things Cowboys....Dak too. For better or worse.

I am most certainly NOT "overly-critical". Certainly NOT because Jerry (or whoever) chose to go with Dak. Heck I've spent more time defending a position with YOU, that criticizing Dak.
The only criticism I have is very poor accuracy in the last 4-5 games. It's the only time EVER I have been critical. The video I quoted...did you even watch it? Probably not...you;d rather spend more time arguing.

You are not only way off base with me....but your crusade to silence critics of Dak are silly and immature. Look at you..spending so much time in a thread MADE for criticizing and probably replacing Dak....which I am not in favor of by the way.
Tony was never benched for poor performance he got hurt and was never put back in other than a token series to which I said a better GM and Coach may have evaluated things differently and put him back in permanently but Jerry is a gambler and chose to Gamble on Dak . Not anyones fault but Jerrys . Beyond that the fact that he has to constantly press and overcome a receiving corp THAT LEADS THE LEAGUE IN DROPS 39 total and a kicker who leaves points on the field Daks injury is probably affecting his accuracy but obviously not to the point where he is throwing game ending picks .

Like I need to watch a video of a bad pass . I have seen enough pick sixes and game enders to do me a life time from another QB unless its something more dramatic than that Im not impressed . I mean did the whole team walk out of the stadium after the pass or did players from other team bash Dak on social media over it . LOLOL

Now your stalking me and worried about how much time Im spending in different threads What a hoot go back and watch your video a couple more times LOLOL

Diehardblues

Reaction score
We have won 3 SBs in that length of time . Your Xmas wish is not embraced because it is a band aid on the problem and may get us one game farther down the road only to frustrate our fan base more

Here are the things that need to be elite to actually WIN A SUPER BOWL

1 OWNER
2 GM
3 Coach
4 QB
5 Scheme
6 HOF D lineman
7 HOF RB
8 HOF WR
9 HOF DB
10 HOF LT

Go over these till memorized then adjust your Xmas list accordingly LOLOL
Yea but we can’t have the first 3.
So , I’m sticking with my Christmas wish.
Thanks

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Tony was never benched for poor performance he got hurt and was never put back in other than a token series to which I said a better GM and Coach may have evaluated things differently and put him back in permanently but Jerry is a gambler and chose to Gamble on Dak . Not anyones fault but Jerrys . Beyond that the fact that he has to constantly press and overcome a receiving corp THAT LEADS THE LEAGUE IN DROPS 39 total and a kicker who leaves points on the field Daks injury is probably affecting his accuracy but obviously not to the point where he is throwing game ending picks .

Like I need to watch a video of a bad pass . I have seen enough pick sixes and game enders to do me a life time from another QB unless its something more dramatic than that Im not impressed . I mean did the whole team walk out of the stadium after the pass or did players from other team bash Dak on social media over it . LOLOL

Now your stalking me and worried about how much time Im spending in different threads What a hoot go back and watch your video a couple more times LOLOL

LOL.....I am stalking YOU? You keep replying...that isn't how "stalking" works. I don;t know where you spend your time....but he fact you THINK i care is weird. I only said for a guy that doesn't want any Dak criticism you spend a lot of time in a thread made for it.

The video? Wow...you're such a clever boy! I cite the video because dak is directing the play and could barely pass it ten yards,,,he could BARELY execute his OWN play. It's an important example of his struggles. That you refuse to look at because it proves the point. "did the team bash Dak for it?". What the f....you are one weird dude.

jnday

Reaction score
First I dont think I exaggerated any of the circumstances , The guy did not even turn the ball over wasnt like other 8-8 seasons where the QB ended our whole season with a TO Second I dont put Dak in Brady , Breese and Rodgers Category. Dak is a 4th round pick who has warts and also has some very good intangibles . Dak is a guy who in the off season works on getting better and actually comes back better .

Unlike his friends on Defense that got paid and came back worse . Tank ,Jaylon and LVE all have under performed this year heck Tank has as many sacks as the guy that was a bust and we let go .

IMO everyone is fair GAME on the team in the forum IN LIFE . So this is as real as I can keep it for you and if you offended Im sorry . Dak was drafted as an after thought , Romos Back up and not even close to the GUYS we wanted as Romos back up . DAK WAS NOT DRAFTED TO BE OUR FRANCHISE QB!!!!

Preparation needs to be taken to draft a franchise QB . Scout the guy you want then tank the season or trade up to get him . YOU NEED TO USE A TOP 5 PICK NOT EXPECT A GUY FROM THE 4th ROUND TO PERFORM MIRACLES.

I have no problem with intelligent examination of all Daks flaws and how he can get better but the constant one line bashing from a small group with a very low football IQ has become annoying .

I hope you are smart enough to realize that up to this point we have gotten very good play and value from a guy drafted in the 4th round and because we did not use a top 5 pick it is unrealistic for Dak to perform like one . Intelligent posters critique Dak from a position of what we have invested in him and what we have gotten in return

The village idiots of the forum expect a 4th round pick drafted as a backup to perform miracles and dont put the blame where it belongs on management for not using a higher pick to acquire the talent they expect
In no way should the QBs level of play be hampered because he was a 4th round pick. Just because some of you think Dak as a good deal, it doesn’t mean that we should be happy with his play because Dak was drafted late in the 4th round. Jerry needs to find a top QB prospect in the draft and do what it takes to get him. All of this draft position stuff didn’t give Romo an excuse to play poorly and he didn’t. Romo played like a top 5 pick in the later years of his career.

Blackrain

Reaction score
In no way should the QBs level of play be hampered because he was a 4th round pick. Just because some of you think Dak as a good deal, it doesn’t mean that we should be happy with his play because Dak was drafted late in the 4th round. Jerry needs to find a top QB prospect in the draft and do what it takes to get him. All of this draft position stuff didn’t give Romo an excuse to play poorly and he didn’t. Romo played like a top 5 pick in the later years of his career.
I dont think it hampers his level of play just reflects the level of talent you are starting out with and may be indicative of his ceiling . Totally agree If Dak dosent play well Jerry needs to break down and use a top draft pick to get someone that may have a higher talent level .
So far I have not seen Dak play bad enough to warrant a change but that is just my opinion.