All I want for Christmas is an Elite QB

Redball Express

All Aboard!!!
Reaction score
We have one of the best OL, best RB’s and WR’s. All we need is a QB to match their talent level.

It’s very difficult winning in this league without an Elite QB. And when I say winning I mean against the better teams including in the playoffs.

I just don’t see how we could have built a better supporting cast around him.

The Rookie contract is over. I’d love to keep him as our backup. We finally found one we can win some games with but not any championships.

Merry Christmas
Elite QBs are made..

not signed off the street.

Garrett to me has never developed anybody at QB.

Romo was developed by Sean Payton and Parcells. Garrett takes over from Phillip's and Romo declined until he was out of the league.

Dak now comes along and Garrett has reversed his progress while the team is treading water trying to justify signing him for $35 mil/yr.

So now we are needing to reset everything and I think that is going to be too overwhelming.

We have to be careful what we wish for.

Blackrain

Reaction score
I like it when people defend by underwhelming assessment. Like "Dak threw "a few" balls off target"...with of course the pain med caveat. What about the clip I just replied to? Dak directing Jarwin...and still BARELY made his own play.

Yes...we have a lot of problems.....and to say Dak ISN'T one, and should not be assessed....is just as bad as the "haters" you criticize.

Dak wants paid like th every best QB in the NFL. Based on that clip above? I think not. And the VERY best QB's DO put the team on their shoulder. You act like Brady, Brees or Rodgers never performed miracles?

Let's try to keep it real....everyone on this team is fair game...top to bottom. It's all moot anyway, just to pass the time...not as if anything we say here changes anything.

First I dont think I exaggerated any of the circumstances , The guy did not even turn the ball over wasnt like other 8-8 seasons where the QB ended our whole season with a TO Second I dont put Dak in Brady , Breese and Rodgers Category. Dak is a 4th round pick who has warts and also has some very good intangibles . Dak is a guy who in the off season works on getting better and actually comes back better .

Unlike his friends on Defense that got paid and came back worse . Tank ,Jaylon and LVE all have under performed this year heck Tank has as many sacks as the guy that was a bust and we let go .

IMO everyone is fair GAME on the team in the forum IN LIFE . So this is as real as I can keep it for you and if you offended Im sorry . Dak was drafted as an after thought , Romos Back up and not even close to the GUYS we wanted as Romos back up . DAK WAS NOT DRAFTED TO BE OUR FRANCHISE QB!!!!

Preparation needs to be taken to draft a franchise QB . Scout the guy you want then tank the season or trade up to get him . YOU NEED TO USE A TOP 5 PICK NOT EXPECT A GUY FROM THE 4th ROUND TO PERFORM MIRACLES.

I have no problem with intelligent examination of all Daks flaws and how he can get better but the constant one line bashing from a small group with a very low football IQ has become annoying .

I hope you are smart enough to realize that up to this point we have gotten very good play and value from a guy drafted in the 4th round and because we did not use a top 5 pick it is unrealistic for Dak to perform like one . Intelligent posters critique Dak from a position of what we have invested in him and what we have gotten in return

The village idiots of the forum expect a 4th round pick drafted as a backup to perform miracles and dont put the blame where it belongs on management for not using a higher pick to acquire the talent they expect

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
First I dont think I exaggerated any of the circumstances , The guy did not even turn the ball over wasnt like other 8-8 seasons where the QB ended our whole season with a TO Second I dont put Dak in Brady , Breese and Rodgers Category. Dak is a 4th round pick who has warts and also has some very good intangibles . Dak is a guy who in the off season works on getting better and actually comes back better .

Unlike his friends on Defense that got paid and came back worse . Tank ,Jaylon and LVE all have under performed this year heck Tank has as many sacks as the guy that was a bust and we let go .

IMO everyone is fair GAME on the team in the forum IN LIFE . So this is as real as I can keep it for you and if you offended Im sorry . Dak was drafted as an after thought , Romos Back up and not even close to the GUYS we wanted as Romos back up . DAK WAS NOT DRAFTED TO BE OUR FRANCHISE QB!!!!

Preparation needs to be taken to draft a franchise QB . Scout the guy you want then tank the season or trade up to get him . YOU NEED TO USE A TOP 5 PICK NOT EXPECT A GUY FROM THE 4th ROUND TO PERFORM MIRACLES.

I have no problem with intelligent examination of all Daks flaws and how he can get better but the constant one line bashing from a small group with a very low football IQ has become annoying .

I hope you are smart enough to realize that up to this point we have gotten very good play and value from a guy drafted in the 4th round and because we did not use a top 5 pick it is unrealistic for Dak to perform like one . Intelligent posters critique Dak from a position of what we have invested in him and what we have gotten in return

The village idiots of the forum expect a 4th round pick drafted as a backup to perform miracles and dont put the blame where it belongs on management for not using a higher pick to acquire the talent they expect

1st off...I am not offended at all. Not sure what would lead you to believe that. It seems that you..are. Offended someone has a different view and opinion that you, under the guise that well... you just have more football IQ than them. Of course.

secondly...there's nothing you said the precludes anyone for critiquing...criticizing....Dak. Seems like you keep making one excuse after another. Dak *IS* the QB, regardless of his pedigree, or lack of. He should be held to the same standard as everyone else you mentioned.

In a way given a couple of your statements, the last one for example, and "4th rounder backup"...that you actually MIGHT agree with some of the sentiments. But you've allowed the escape clauses to try to let the foot off the gas about it. You are tired of hearing it because of ______ and ______. Not that you actually think he's a GREAT QB and perfect.

As far as 4th rounders go....what round was Romo? Brady? Probably can look up a few more mid-low-undrafted QBs that did well.

We don't know each other....I've been a member here a LONG time, but I don;t have much history. I usually don't bother criticizing players play. Doesn't change anything and it's a negative downward spiral. I was not in favor of replacing Romo so quickly. Dak was handed a fairly good team, though we could certainly make the case of mismanagement huh? But...look at the video I reposted above...and tell me that's a good play by Dak. Yes...the pass was completed. But it boggles my mind that dak BARELY got it to him. Dak in a nutshell that last half of the season, not just after pain med. He's part of what needs fixed...one way or the other.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Elite QBs are made..

not signed off the street.

Garrett to me has never developed anybody at QB.

Romo was developed by Sean Payton and Parcells. Garrett takes over from Phillip's and Romo declined until he was out of the league.

Dak now comes along and Garrett has reversed his progress while the team is treading water trying to justify signing him for $35 mil/yr.

So now we are needing to reset everything and I think that is going to be too overwhelming.

We have to be careful what we wish for.
Romo didn’t take over until 2006 as quite a rare product. IMO he developed into a franchise QB with Garrett and flourished in his offense.

Redball Express

All Aboard!!!
Reaction score
Romo didn’t take over until 2006 as quite a rare product. IMO he developed into a franchise QB with Garrett and flourished in his offense.
Romo was a great player.

Frustrating, but great in his unique way.

So I do not disagree about his value.

But ownership was too willing to let Tony take ownership of the team's fate on his back.

He went out on his shield as a result.

Now Dak is in a similar fix.

Injuries to Dak have now shown up.

They will resign him and the team will go on.

The primary issue now is why has the team failed so much in 2019.

Can it be fixed with minimal upheaval or are we going to have to endure some losing to fix it.

That is my thoughts.

Blackrain

Reaction score
1st off...I am not offended at all. Not sure what would lead you to believe that. It seems that you..are. Offended someone has a different view and opinion that you, under the guise that well... you just have more football IQ than them. Of course.

secondly...there's nothing you said the precludes anyone for critiquing...criticizing....Dak. Seems like you keep making one excuse after another. Dak *IS* the QB, regardless of his pedigree, or lack of. He should be held to the same standard as everyone else you mentioned.

In a way given a couple of your statements, the last one for example, and "4th rounder backup"...that you actually MIGHT agree with some of the sentiments. But you've allowed the escape clauses to try to let the foot off the gas about it. You are tired of hearing it because of ______ and ______. Not that you actually think he's a GREAT QB and perfect.

As far as 4th rounders go....what round was Romo? Brady? Probably can look up a few more mid-low-undrafted QBs that did well.

We don't know each other....I've been a member here a LONG time, but I don;t have much history. I usually don't bother criticizing players play. Doesn't change anything and it's a negative downward spiral. I was not in favor of replacing Romo so quickly. Dak was handed a fairly good team, though we could certainly make the case of mismanagement huh? But...look at the video I reposted above...and tell me that's a good play by Dak. Yes...the pass was completed. But it boggles my mind that dak BARELY got it to him. Dak in a nutshell that last half of the season, not just after pain med. He's part of what needs fixed...one way or the other.

IMO you cant hold Dak to a standard he was never hired to achieve . Dak may or may not be talented enough to win us a SB but as long as this team is run like a rich mans hobby instead of an NFL franchise on a path to a championship we will never know .

Things at the top need to radically change before we sniff a Championship no matter who is QB Dak improves every year has a great work ethic and dose everything in his skill set to try and win .

That said he is not the most consistent passer but showed great improvement this year till he started getting banged up . If this front office had been doing their home work when Romo couldnt practice on WED because of his back it was time to spent a high draft pick on a QB and groom him to replace Tony

We did no such preparation so we are using a guy we really didnt want that was drafted as Romos back up and expecting perfect results . We got less than perfect results from Romo who was a great passer so why should we expect more from Dak when we did no preparation .
This is really pretty much common sense and for fans that were not overly invested in Tony not very hard to understand

IrishAnto

Reaction score
We have one of the best OL, best RB’s and WR’s. All we need is a QB to match their talent level.

It’s very difficult winning in this league without an Elite QB. And when I say winning I mean against the better teams including in the playoffs.

The Rookie contract is over. I’d love to keep him as our backup. We finally found one we can win some games with but not any championships.

Merry Christmas
We’d do better with an elite GM.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
IMO you cant hold Dak to a standard he was never hired to achieve . Dak may or may not be talented enough to win us a SB but as long as this team is run like a rich mans hobby instead of an NFL franchise on a path to a championship we will never know .

Things at the top need to radically change before we sniff a Championship no matter who is QB Dak improves every year has a great work ethic and dose everything in his skill set to try and win .

That said he is not the most consistent passer but showed great improvement this year till he started getting banged up . If this front office had been doing their home work when Romo couldnt practice on WED because of his back it was time to spent a high draft pick on a QB and groom him to replace Tony

We did no such preparation so we are using a guy we really didnt want that was drafted as Romos back up and expecting perfect results . We got less than perfect results from Romo who was a great passer so why should we expect more from Dak when we did no preparation .
This is really pretty much common sense and for fans that were not overly invested in Tony not very hard to understand

That decision was final the day Romo got benched (not allowed to return except a VERY successful bone). He was declared THE MAN. Subject to everything that comes with it. These are not our decisions but we have to live with them same as they.

Whyjerry

Reaction score

Merry Christmas

Put Aaron Rodgers on this team and watch the Dallas stink ruin him. QB is the least of the issues there.

Redball Express

All Aboard!!!
Reaction score

If I was on this team and saw management tossing around big contracts like they are and my contract was up soon..

chances are I would throttle back and make sure an injury does not happen so my next team does not low ball me.

So how many players do we have doing this now.?

Probably a few.

And how might that affect play.?

More than we want to admit?

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Put Aaron Rodgers on this team and watch the Dallas stink ruin him. QB is the least of the issues there.

Really? Rodgers can throw the ball to receivers in an expected manner. If this is the kind of speculation you use to excuse Dak...then well...the talk of "accepting mediocrity culture" is indeed true.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
If I was on this team and saw management tossing around big contracts like they are and my contract was up soon..

chances are I would throttle back and make sure an injury does not happen so my next team does not low ball me.

So how many players do we have doing this now.?

Probably a few.

And how might that affect play.?

More than we want to admit?

Not sure what you are trying to tell me...that relates to my post. Dak is "throttling back"? By playing injured? I get it...it's business for the players as much as Jerry. I think our players history is "throttling back" AFTER the big contract. But what do I know, right?

rnr_honeybadger

Reaction score
Maybe not. But we had piss poor coaching this year too. And, surely, an elite quarterback could muster one or two touchdowns a game for us to have beaten the Saints, the Patriots and the Eagles. That's a 10-5 record and a definite playoff birth. Sorry, but it's inexcusable that Dak couldn't get us at least one touchdown in any of those games. One touchdowns in any/either of those games, and we're in the playoffs with a Commander win.

Could he? How do you know?

Blackrain

Reaction score
That decision was final the day Romo got benched (not allowed to return except a VERY successful bone). He was declared THE MAN. Subject to everything that comes with it. These are not our decisions but we have to live with them same as they.

Tony didnt get benched he got hurt running in a meaningless preseason game our backup was also hurt so Dak got thrown in to start as a rookie . He was declared the man because there was nobody else . What exactly is Dak supposed to say put Tony in Im not capable .

Like I said earlier this team is run as a rich mans hobby . A real NFL GM and Coach Not part of the friends and family plan might have evaluated Tonys health condition differently and put him back as the starter when he was deemed healthy . The only way Dak entered in to this decision was playing very well under the circumstances .

Jerry is a gambler and has made no bones about the fact he makes all decisions and is in full control. Whatever dose not satisfy people about Dak is not his fault as he is trying his best to get better and costing us nothing so far . Its Jerrys fault for not using a top draft pick when Romos health started to go bad and Jerrys fault for not drafting another QB if Daks play was not good enough.

In short Dak is working up to his ability Jerry needs to make a change if its not good enough and the blame needs to be placed with him .

Being overly critical of Dak because Jerry chose to go with him over Tony is what a handful do on this forum . Their agenda is clear ,football IQ noted , opinions embellished and biased to the point of having no credibility and being ignored .

Redball Express

All Aboard!!!
Reaction score
Not sure what you are trying to tell me...that relates to my post. Dak is "throttling back"? By playing injured? I get it...it's business for the players as much as Jerry. I think our players history is "throttling back" AFTER the big contract. But what do I know, right?
I just wonder how the supporting players are taking a select few being paid while the rest are in limbo.

Something you implied in your post popped the thought in my head.

Sorry I wasn't clearer.

My bad.

Redball Express

All Aboard!!!
Reaction score
Tony didnt get benched he got hurt running in a meaningless preseason game our backup was also hurt so Dak got thrown in to start as a rookie . He was declared the man because there was nobody else . What exactly is Dak supposed to say put Tony in Im not capable .

Like I said earlier this team is run as a rich mans hobby . A real NFL GM and Coach Not part of the friends and family plan might have evaluated Tonys health condition differently and put him back as the starter when he was deemed healthy . The only way Dak entered in to this decision was playing very well under the circumstances .

Jerry is a gambler and has made no bones about the fact he makes all decisions and is in full control. Whatever dose not satisfy people about Dak is not his fault as he is trying his best to get better and costing us nothing so far . Its Jerrys fault for not using a top draft pick when Romos health started to go bad and Jerrys fault for not drafting another QB if Daks play was not good enough.

In short Dak is working up to his ability Jerry needs to make a change if its not good enough and the blame needs to be placed with him .

Being overly critical of Dak because Jerry chose to go with him over Tony is what a handful do on this forum . Their agenda is clear ,football IQ noted , opinions embellished and biased to the point of having no credibility and being ignored .
Good post.

I think the team and the players do as much as they can.

Each year is different in the current NFL.

For an old timer like me, I prefer lineal progress its non-linear in today's game.

Meaning a fan has to expect anything from week to week.

The competition is fierce and things change weekly.

So digging in my heels to slow it down no longer works.

:confused: