"All-In" Talk on Eisen Show: Henry to Cowboys? Hopkins, too?

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
Jerry saying "all in" is likely going to make fans mad in the end. A lot of big names are being tossed around.
Exactly it needs to stop, I keep seeing people post things on facebook and everywhere else saying who we should look at, JUST LET IT HAPPEN, if it doesn't it's nothing new

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
It would be soooooooooooo Jerry to finally go hog wild in FA and spend most of his money on the offense to justify the Dak extension that is likely coming.
loooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooool, "i think we have a team that can win a superbowl, let me be clear!"

EenonyMoose

Reaction score
Cowboys Report on YouTube posted Jerry's entire quote, not just the "all-in" lines that were able to fit into Twitter posts.

And if you read between the "Jerry-speak" (which is not easy) you can see that the "all in" probably alludes more to getting long term deals done with Lamb and Parsons more than it does going "all in" to bring in new faces that can push this team over the top.

The Cowboys have not broken the bank for a free agent since Brandon Carr in 2012. I have a feeling a whole lot of y'all are going to be disappointed when our free agent shopping consists of more Chuma Edogas.
"We got a guard. We got a guard!" -- Stephen Jones, confused during that one press interview last offseason

jblaze2004

Reaction score
I could see Henry. No to Hopkins. We need to look hard at offensive tackles and defensive front 7 guys. We need to start from the guys closest to the ball and then outward. I think Cooks and Tolbert with Ceedee could be enough. We need to find a better run scheme on offense, offensive tackles and better talent at the running back position. One defense we need bigger and better DT's. And we need to find some NFL quality linebackers.

Cowfan75Lives

Reaction score
No WR in the world can prop up Deer Dak when he's rattled. Why even bother going all-in on offense to "help" him? We all know he's getting extended. Whatever. Every single ounce of attention should be on defense. All defense, and nothing but defense other than picking up some RB in a late round.

ghst187

Reaction score
By all in Jerry means he will bring in some cast offs on super cheap contracts that no one else wants

shabazz

Reaction score
I'd say 80 percent or more of fans on this site want Henry. Don't know why but they do
I would have taken him for this past season and maybe just one more, tops

We all saw the putrid rushing attack.....it didn't attack anybody

Mannix

Reaction score
HOPKINS???? Are you ^*%%&(! kidding me????? Someone put Booger out to pasture....please!!!

Mannix

Reaction score
By all in Jerry means he will bring in some cast offs on super cheap contracts that no one else wants
What's Nolan Carroll up to these days??? ONLY reason that he would bring in Henry....a year late I might add....is to try and appease a LARGE base of fans that someone must have finally convinced him that he is losing....like me.

Big_D

Reaction score
At least Jerry stated we need to run the ball on offense and stop the run on D. Now what he does to fix those things is another story.

CWR

Reaction score
Jerry saying "all in" is likely going to make fans mad in the end. A lot of big names are being tossed around.
Yeah he's already specified "all in" on our own FAs. He's also already throwing around words like "right FA at right price."

Then factor in Daks contract will take most of the off season before they cave. It's too easy for him to keep the same model of mediocrity.

I do NOT expect this off season to be any different. We may as well trade Parsons. When guys start calling for more help and management ignores them it leads to discontent. I never believed we'd let him leave but these playoff failures may be the catalyst.

mrmojo

Reaction score
2023 was the year to go all in. If they are goingto do this they need to go all in on the defenive and offensive lines.........Im not holding my breath.....it will probably be a shiny new toy or 2.

Ben7

Reaction score
Imagine if these (the one above and this) were played on the Big Jumbo Screen at ATT Stadium or out there at The Star in Frisco haha lol :laugh: :laugh::lmao:

Teague31

Defender of the Star
Reaction score
Yes. Let’s get older and slower and spend a lot do cap space to do so. Stupidity at its finest

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
Well resign Biadasz and J. Lewis and Jerry and Co. will argue they went all in in free agency.

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
Well resign Biadasz and J. Lewis and Jerry and Co. will argue they went all in in free agency.
Biadasz will be an interesting one.

It will be a break with their usual FA strategy to bring Biadasz back. He's not a bum but you usually have to be better than average to get resigned after your first rookie contract.