All is quiet on the Dez Hate Train?

dogunwo

Franchise Tagged
Reaction score
Dez had a great game, but in all honesty I don't remember him having a great game against a "good" corner since 2014 at Seattle.

What it probably is, is that Dak doesn't look to those match-ups when Beasley and Williams are dominating lesser CBs.

Verdict

Reaction score
I criticized Dez earlier today. He had a pretty good game today. I am glad to see it happen.

That doesn't change the fact he failed to show up in both of the Giants games, but maybe he is getting back on track. If me bashing him makes him play better I guess I should do it more often.

Hopefully if we play the Giants again he can "man up" the third game and make up for the prior two when it really counts.....in the playoffs.

CowboyStar88

Reaction score
Still though.

5 targets and he had 4 catches and 2 TDs.

He just doesn't get the opportunities that guys like Brown get.

So when he goes a week without doing much you can't blame him. It's our offense and how it's designed.

Didn't the Tampa coach even point that out last week?

Reaction score
For a 13-2 team we have a lot of fans who dislike a few of the key players on this team....I'm dumbfounded.

at some point you have to realize that we have a diverse fan base comprised of people of all ages and backgrounds, there will always be a percentage of naysayers on every topic and every player... and every coach.

The Natural

Reaction score
I criticized Dez earlier today. He had a pretty good game today. I am glad to see it happen.

That doesn't change the fact he failed to show up in both of the Giants games, but maybe he is getting back on track. If me bashing him makes him play better I guess I should do it more often.

Hopefully if we play the Giants again he can "man up" the third game and make up for the prior two when it really counts.....in the playoffs.
We didn't play the Giants today though. Is this how it works in 2016, we're holding grudges against players like females?

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
lol I don't think these threads are any different from the ones that are started with the intent of hating on Dez.
Yeah, but I try to rise above and stay out of those kinds of threads. Instead of "calling out haters" I rather just prop up my guy or whoever for having a great game.

Verdict

Reaction score
We didn't play the Giants today though. Is this how it works in 2016, we're holding grudges against players like females?

No. I'm saying he played well today in stark contrast to the two Giants games in which he played like ****. You can pretend he set the world on fire in the two Giants games if you like but personally I will stick to the facts.

I acknowledged he played well today. Will you acknowledge he sucked in the two Giants games and keep it real or would you prefer living in the land of unicorns and lollipops?

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
No. I'm saying he played well today in stark contrast to the two Giants games in which he played like ****. You can pretend he set the world on fire in the two Giants games if you like but personally I will stick to the facts.

I acknowledged he played well today. Will you acknowledge he sucked in the two Giants games and keep it real or would you prefer living in the land of unicorns and lollipops?

If you think he "sucked" in Week 1 against the Giants then I have to question your football acumen. Clearly, the Giants were scheming to take away the big plays i.e. Dez and let the Cowboys try to beat them underneath.

Witten and Beasley combined for 26 targets that game while Dez and T-Will got only 9 total.

CowboyStar88

Reaction score
Yeah, but I try to rise above and stay out of those kinds of threads. Instead of "calling out haters" I rather just prop up my guy or whoever for having a great game.

Well WG you're a better person then most especially on this board. Most here just want to jump and be right. They don't care about propping anyone up. If you disagree with them you're stupid, and I can't wait to prove it! So that's why I don't see these threads any different from the other ones.

Verdict

Reaction score
If you think he "sucked" in Week 1 against the Giants then I have to question your football acumen. Clearly, the Giants were scheming to take away the big plays i.e. Dez and let the Cowboys try to beat them underneath.

Witten and Beasley combined for 26 targets that game while Dez and T-Will got only 9 total.

Yes. He sucked in both Giants games. I am not sure how you think he was so dominant in the two Giants games where he had two or three total catches for 20 yards. But by all means, carry on.

CowboyStar88

Reaction score

And he picks out only 2 games. Before the Giants game he was on a 5 game tear that compared to Odell. But we won't talk about that

gmoney112

Reaction score
Yes. He sucked in both Giants games. I am not sure how you think he was so dominant in the two Giants games where he had two or three total catches for 20 yards. But by all means, carry on.

People were actually using a 4th rounders first NFL game, at QB, as some sort of barometer?

Verdict

Reaction score
Well WG you're a better person then most especially on this board. Most here just want to jump and be right. They don't care about propping anyone up. If you disagree with them you're stupid, and I can't wait to prove it! So that's why I don't see these threads any different from the other ones.

You are correct. There is no difference in them. Both seek to make opposing points.

I don't see the harm in criticizing a player when he is underperforming, which Dez has done several times this year. I also do not see the harm in saying he had a good game today, which I think is also factually accurate.

Some people are just too sucked in to be objective. I try not to fall into that category.

Toruk_Makto

Reaction score
Still though.

5 targets and he had 4 catches and 2 TDs.

He just doesn't get the opportunities that guys like Brown get.

So when he goes a week without doing much you can't blame him. It's our offense and how it's designed.
Odell had 20 targets last week. Dez doesn't get that type of force feeding. The Dez sucks crowd is the fantasy football crowd who is just looking at raw statistics. It's impressive how people can be so loud and so wrong.

Verdict

Reaction score
People were actually using a 4th rounders first NFL game, at QB, as some sort of barometer?

What did Dez do in the first Giants game that you are so enamored with? I'm really curious. He had at least one drop that if he had made would likely helped us get the W.

Why don't you tell me why he played awesome in that game and stop blaming it on the rookie QB. Dez has had a really hard time getting separation. Dak refusing to throw into coverage may force Dez to becomes better route runner. If so Dak gets another +1 from me.

The Natural

Reaction score

The general point is thats neither here nor there. Dez is the only player on this roster who plays a good game and you clowns will say something like "bu but against the Giants"

Verdict

Reaction score
Odell had 20 targets last week. Dez doesn't get that type of force feeding. The Dez sucks crowd is the fantasy football crowd who is just looking at raw statistics. It's impressive how people can be so loud and so wrong.

Odell Beckham also gets open a lot more often than Dez.