All of the Dallas reporters ..

SkinsandTerps

Commanders Forever
Reaction score
My guess is that many of them (reporters) want to be the first to say, " I told ya so".

I cant say that I am a TO fan, but his production and presence, is simply undeniable.

I agree with 98% of you guys, that if X player was signed that I despised, not for a second would I turn on the team that I have supported for so many years.

As a Commanders fan, do I wish for the worst scenario ? Of course I do.
But at the same time, I am quite intrigued to see what a potentially "matured" TO can accomplish.

jrumann59

Reaction score
hmcorp said:
Im sorry but more moeny is being spent on cowboys stuff now.

and requests for season tickets jumped...ummm

sorry...you guys are wrong,
more fans are coming in the fold.

People buying the tickets, I would say about 1/3 are like Nascar fans, they are coming to see a wreck.

Rogerthat12

DWAREZ
Reaction score
Reality said:
.. need to spend more time reading the posts on this site rather than listening to their followers who are willing to be led in whatever direction they are told to go.

While I'm not thrilled T.O. is on the team (not upset either), the T.O. poll on here shows that basically 80% of the fans here supported the move yet "their" readers seem to all be against it and they simply feed on that emotion by attempting to lead the charge from the back of the pack.

At some point, these reporters need to drop their agendas, stop listening to the 2 fans who call or write into them and expand their research to learn that a great deal more of the Cowboys fans support Jerry Jones (and T.O. in this case) than not.

-Reality hates agendas!

:hammer::hammer::hammer:Post of the year Thank You!!

Rogerthat12

DWAREZ
Reaction score
Crown Royal said:
That shows that the polls are done by 'knowledgable fans.' That doesn't mean that make a poll more credible - a larger demographic makes a poll more credible.

A poll is meant to show what an entire community believes as a whole. A poll for a community of die hard fans reflects the opinion of die-hards, not all fans.

I am unsure that is the argument here and conversely a "small" sample of mainstream fans does not reflect the "majority" of the fan base either. :eek:

Rogerthat12

DWAREZ
Reaction score
Rack said:
Why would reporters do that? They don't care if the fans liked it or not. They care about controversies, cuz controversies means $$$.

Reporters do that to ground their agenda in the fanbase to shape their perceptions and in so doing make more cash.

Dale

Forum Architect
Reaction score
I enjoy intelligent debate about TO's presence here. His presence creates so many questions that there are -- justifiably so -- doubters out there. Can he play for Parcells? Play with Bledsoe?

I think I've found myself siding WITH TO lately, more so than anything else, because of some of the dumb statements made in articles about him, the situation, etc.

I mean, from suggesting Parcells' absence at the press conference is tellling, to the comment that Rosenhaus talked about Parcells in the third person meant something, to all these other ridiculous comments ... so many people that don't even have a clue about the situation are chiming in with an uninformed opinion. I wouldn't care, but unfortunately, that is helping sway many other opinions out there. It's a shame IMO.

I also haven't liked some of the Dallas takes, where the articles practicallly insinuate the guy brings nothing good to the table. I mean, c'mon. I think it's JJT who has an article up right now saying there's going to be some good, some bad -- or maybe it's Kevin Sherrington. That's the reality of the situation.

Even if the WORST case scenario occurred with his attitude....he'd still produce on the field, as made evident in Philly. It may be a small consolation prize if he's ripping the team apart, but it can't be dismissed that he's the best wideout in football and good for about 1,400 yards and 14 TDs.

To me, the people acting as if there is no good in this signing are as silly as those suggesting there is no downside. Why the sensationalism? Just tell it like it is, even if that doesn't sell as many papers.

Crown Royal

Insulin Beware
Reaction score
Dale said:
I enjoy intelligent debate about TO's presence here. His presence creates so many questions that there are -- justifiably so -- doubters out there. Can he play for Parcells? Play with Bledsoe?

I think I've found myself siding WITH TO lately, more so than anything else, because of some of the dumb statements made in articles about him, the situation, etc.

I mean, from suggesting Parcells' absence at the press conference is tellling, to the comment that Rosenhaus talked about Parcells in the third person meant something, to all these other ridiculous comments ... so many people that don't even have a clue about the situation are chiming in with an uninformed opinion. I wouldn't care, but unfortunately, that is helping sway many other opinions out there. It's a shame IMO.

I also haven't liked some of the Dallas takes, where the articles practicallly insinuate the guy brings nothing good to the table. I mean, c'mon. I think it's JJT who has an article up right now saying there's going to be some good, some bad -- or maybe it's Kevin Sherrington. That's the reality of the situation.

Even if the WORST case scenario occurred with his attitude....he'd still produce on the field, as made evident in Philly. It may be a small consolation prize if he's ripping the team apart, but it can't be dismissed that he's the best wideout in football and good for about 1,400 yards and 14 TDs.

To me, the people acting as if there is no good in this signing are as silly as those suggesting there is no downside. Why the sensationalism? Just tell it like it is, even if that doesn't sell as many papers.

I don't deny his talent and that he will help us win football games.

But, I don't know if the good outweighs the bad in this situation.

I hate to say it - in this situation, for me, there are things more important to me than winning.

Maybe that's why I have no job offers coming from the NFL.:laugh2:

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
Reality said:
.. need to spend more time reading the posts on this site rather than listening to their followers who are willing to be led in whatever direction they are told to go.

While I'm not thrilled T.O. is on the team (not upset either), the T.O. poll on here shows that basically 80% of the fans here supported the move yet "their" readers seem to all be against it and they simply feed on that emotion by attempting to lead the charge from the back of the pack.

At some point, these reporters need to drop their agendas, stop listening to the 2 fans who call or write into them and expand their research to learn that a great deal more of the Cowboys fans support Jerry Jones (and T.O. in this case) than not.

-Reality hates agendas!

Mike Taylor of ESPN1033 argued the entire crew of espn1033 down about this subject saying that 80% of fans probably like the move because we want to win more than we want choir boys. If he acts out, cut him, but until then try to win.

I sent him a link to the poll showing the 80% (so he was arguing with more than his opinion) and he thanked me for the url.

I dont like TO. I wouldnt wanna hang out with him even now.

But football players need not be angels. I know they are risking injury every week to entertain us and my ownership of them extends to them wearing my teams jersey.

Emmitt was an all-time great for the Boys and at his position but honestly when he went to Arizona and Roy Williams knocked him out I was estatic. Accepting TO now is no more of a double standard than that.

TO may not give two rips about the star but I do. If you are wearing it I'll back you to a certain extent at least.

Not only that but he's here now so why would 'i" be the divisive one? If he's gonna do it let him do it but I am gonna be all for the team with TO on it until proven wrong.

My own football fandom is not like my personal life. I truly dislike the Eagles, 49ers, Skins and Steelers. I am quite fine accepting that I am just a fan and living in football world where guys get paid 10 million to do chicken dances and score TDs.

Dale

Forum Architect
Reaction score
Crown Royal said:
I don't deny his talent and that he will help us win football games.

But, I don't know if the good outweighs the bad in this situation.

I hate to say it - in this situation, for me, there are things more important to me than winning.

Maybe that's why I have no job offers coming from the NFL.:laugh2:

See, I can appreciate that point of view. You admit he brings talent and will improve our talent on the field, but lay out your reasons for why you don't want him here.

Understandable.

However, some of these rants I've seen/heard in the Dallas media are just getting silly.

Crown Royal

Insulin Beware
Reaction score
jterrell said:
Mike Taylor of ESPN1033 argued the entire crew of espn1033 down about this subject saying that 80% of fans probably like the move because we want to win more than we want choir boys. If he acts out, cut him, but until then try to win.

I sent him a link to the poll showing the 80% (so he was arguing with more than his opinion) and he thanked me for the url.

I dont like TO. I wouldnt wanna hang out with him even now.

But football players need not be angels. I know they are risking injury every week to entertain us and my ownership of them extends to them wearing my teams jersey.

Emmitt was an all-time great for the Boys and at his position but honestly when he went to Arizona and Roy Williams knocked him out I was estatic. Accepting TO now is no more of a double standard than that.

TO may not give two rips about the star but I do. If you are wearing it I'll back you to a certain extent at least.

Not only that but he's here now so why would 'i" be the divisive one? If he's gonna do it let him do it but I am gonna be all for the team with TO on it until proven wrong.

My own football fandom is not like my personal life. I truly dislike the Eagles, 49ers, Skins and Steelers. I am quite fine accepting that I am just a fan and living in football world where guys get paid 10 million to do chicken dances and score TDs.

Yeah...but...JT....

You've actually played at a high level before.

Some of us (like me) are living vicariously through the NFL.:laugh2::D

:cry2:

Dale

Forum Architect
Reaction score
Crown Royal said:

That explains you pulling out a Sharpie on me in PM.

Crown Royal

Insulin Beware
Reaction score
Dale said:
That explains you pulling out a Sharpie on me in PM.

I grabbed a DP from CBZ earlier and shook it like a pom pom.

Unfortunately he didn't see me do it. It was gold when he opened it.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
Dale said:

Completely on point.

The fact is he IS a Cowboy now and I feel compelled to defend the guy when the criticism gets silly.

Is he a scumbucket? Yes. Any grown man who constantly throws under folks under a bus is a loser. But we have had our share of folks with issues team-related and otherwise who have helped us win games.

If TO is not worth the investment ALL we lose is 10 mil of Jerry's money. Not a draft pick, not some 7 million in dead money.

In Peter King's mailbag a guy actually had the gall to say KJ was giving almost as much because he caught a similar number of passes and ONLY had 400 less yards receiving than TO. LOL. It cracked me up.

Right now we have 3 Pro Bowlers on offense. Witten, TO and Bledsoe. Bledsoe became a Pro Bowler before the ink dried on TO's contract here. If any other offensive players this season are pro bowlers they can also thank TO. His presence opens up the playbook and makes getting yards much easier which makes everyone's stats look better. OL who were getting blitzed on passing downs and facing 8 men plus on running downs now will see guys backed off playing it safe trying to contain all of Dallas' big threats, lead by TO.

Thats simply the reality of the situation. If Drew cant handle getting cussed for throwing low passes and balance that with the good of getting 400 'free' yards and 4 or 5 'free' TDs from TO then that would be his issue as a leader. But listening to him now twice he sounds ready to make it work because he knows it makes the team and himself better. Does Parcells not cuss him for the low passes as well?

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
Crown Royal said:
I grabbed a DP from CBZ earlier and shook it like a pom pom.

Unfortunately he didn't see me do it. It was gold when he opened it.
Thats evil...
because right now I am out of diet dr. pepper and had to drink peach tea, lol.

Crown Royal

Insulin Beware
Reaction score
jterrell said:
Thats evil...
because right now I am out of diet dr. pepper and had to drink peach tea, lol.

Diet Dr. Pepper is fermented weasel slobber.

I speak truth.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
Crown Royal said:
Yeah...but...JT....

You've actually played at a high level before.

:cry2:

My 'high level' was some college special teams. Not exactly the stuff of legend, lol.

I am just ok with being a big silly fan that doesnt expect that part of my life to reflect my own non-fan ideals. NFL Football is an escape and a passion but I am not forgetting it is here because it makes tons of money each season for the owners, television stations and players.

All the purists really should just coach/follow little league and stay away from the pros who corrupt the concept regularly. I can accept I am in it to be entertained. Watching NFL football is simply the most entertainment I can get legally and without getting a divorce.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
btw i woke up at 4:45 this am and need a kick for staying up this late see you guys tomorrow:)

Crown Royal

Insulin Beware
Reaction score
jterrell said:
rofl.
i love it man. 32 ounces a day at least.

Less WoW+more standing and walking = REAL DP.

^^^^
Best math you'll ever read, my man.

(Actually, being out here on the road, I have come really close to buying WoW).

Rack

Federal Agent
Reaction score
jterrell said:
My 'high level' was some college special teams. Not exactly the stuff of legend, lol.

I am just ok with being a big silly fan that doesnt expect that part of my life to reflect my own non-fan ideals. NFL Football is an escape and a passion but I am not forgetting it is here because it makes tons of money each season for the owners, television stations and players.

All the purists really should just coach/follow little league and stay away from the pros who corrupt the concept regularly. I can accept I am in it to be entertained. Watching NFL football is simply the most entertainment I can get legally and without getting a divorce.

I started playing again (semi-pro) about 2 years ago. The one thing I've noticed is that it's really helped me keep my temper in check. It's been a very good stress relief for me.

Haven't you noticed I haven't attacked any morons here in a long time? Now you know why.

Although lately my patience has been tested. And we have a bye week this week so I may not be able to take my anger out on anyone else for awhile. I may just end up going off on one of these guys pretty soon. :bang2: