All or Nothing: Dallas Cowboys

Floatyworm

The Labeled One
Reaction score
And I get that. I do. Also, I am not a Garrett apologist, however, I saw a clearer picture of him coaching via that show. He tries. He really does. It's not a lack of him not trying to motivate these guys to play. Yeah, maybe he is learning while on the job and he isn't as great an offensive mind as Jerry believes he is, but he seems like a good dood that cares about his players. I feel like they don't give up on him.

Last year just felt like, to me, the energy just wasn't there. It is hard for a team to get in a groove when there are bad vibes in the air. The bad energy started with Zeke and his court cases and went all the way through the team and ended at Dez. That is why I am excited for this year. Great time for a mental reset and we have no Dez and some new hungry young faces on the team. Plus, it never hurts to try and stay positive. ;)

Not buying that. What was their excuse vs Seattle? They had everything to play for. Elliott thing was over...The issues facing this team go way deeper.

It's a lack of coaching....

No accountability.....

Soft practices....Practice 3/4 speed during the week...then are expected to do something they haven't done all week. It doesn't work like that. Which explains our slow starts to football games.

poor game planning....

DiResta

Reaction score
Lee coaching the defense up in those meetings i think is just a way to bring together a gameplan
they have their different position group meetings
but i have zero problem letting Lee get the entire defense together to compare notes and get everybodys information out there like quarterback tendencies or runningback tendencies
i love seeing that and i loved it when he called Jaylon out in front of the entire defense and told him 'ok Jaylon, talk to me about this this and this in this situation'
******* love that guy
a player to be proud of
everything i can get out of him from watching film to coaching up teammates and doing what he does on the field im doing it

TDHND

Reaction score
Have finally watched 3 or 4 episodes and I enjoy watch it. Makes me feel alittle differently about Garrett. Just sucks that it was about a bad season.

Fire407

Reaction score
I think the show was purposely edited to put Jason Garrett in a good light. I was looking forward to seeing his reaction after the Packers game and they totally skipped over it.

DejectedFan1996

Reaction score
Finally got around to watching this.

- The Jones being involved in the coaches meetings was embarrassing.

- The entire team, including Zeke, were coddled.

- Completely forgot about Gene and the index card in the Oakland game

- Garrett seemed content right from the get go, which trickled down to the players. Hence going 13-3 to 9-7. This gives me hope for this season

- Dez’s antics weren’t nearly as bad as some indicated, though it’s clear he has good intentions but can be difficult to handle.

- It was apparent that Witten was going to hang it up after the press conference against Seattle.

All in all not bad but we always do one of these shows after having a 13-3 season only to go 9-7 and miss the playoffs.

ClappingCarrot

Reaction score
Finally got around to watching this.

- The Jones being involved in the coaches meetings was embarrassing.

- The entire team, including Zeke, were coddled.

- Completely forgot about Gene and the index card in the Oakland game

- Garrett seemed content right from the get go, which trickled down to the players. Hence going 13-3 to 9-7. This gives me hope for this season

- Dez’s antics weren’t nearly as bad as some indicated, though it’s clear he has good intentions but can be difficult to handle.

- It was apparent that Witten was going to hang it up after the press conference against Seattle.

All in all not bad but we always do one of these shows after having a 13-3 season only to go 9-7 and miss the playoffs.
I agree with your sentiments on the show. The coaches/staff meetings seemed a little awkward. It was almost like having the principal sitting in while class was in session. Kinda contrived - even forced. Basically, the group saying things that Jerry and Stephen want to hear. We don't have 'football people' running this team and this show affirmed that.

The coddling is out of control. Clearly this group thinks that coaching ends once the pads come off. No accountability, no fear, no focus. That one scene with JG cursing in the film room was cute though. Dropping F bombs and praising the defensive first team even though they got burned time and time again last season. I guess, since he knew the cameras were on, had to at least act like he was tough.

Dez was a distraction. Always has been. Disruptive, uncoachable, and a questionable team mate.