All or Nothing: Dallas Cowboys

Hennessy_King

Reaction score
The Jones family has made this team a joke. The team is a play thing. Them being involved in coaches meetings. Their kids in the draft war room. Coddling everybody. Makes me sick. Coaching staff sucks, Garrett got tough on the scout team though lol. Sean Lee, I guess is the d coordinator. I see employees at McDonalds get held more accountable than the players. Like dez is out there losing his mind and he talks to the asst receiver coach really? I hate they had to pick us to do this damn special that's how I really feel. The same year the garbage pigeons win their first sb without a qb.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
people said to watch the Cardinals All or Nothing if i wanted to see a real HC (Bruce Arians)
so i did
and then i watched Michigans to get a look at Harbaugh since some love that guy too

Arians main difference from Garrett is that he comes across as an ******* and thugish like threatening to cut someone for parking in his spot and calling players names
now does scaring players or calling them a ******** when they are 25 years old work better than being a disciplinarian with emphasis on encouragement? or like Harbaugh just being almost juvenile and weird?
i dont think it matters that much personality-wise

i think scheme and player talent has a huge hand in success
Cards GM seemed like a real workhorse in putting together talent for that team and they already had a fantastic defense when Arians was hired
same with Harbaugh, his defense was top 3 and stacked with years of top draft picks on offense

Arians and Harbaugh both were canned as soon as they failed to make the run work and the talent/contracts hit the reset point

i dont think Garrett is a bad coach i think he takes things from coaches he worked for respects most like Parcells and mostly Saban
him clapping instead of acting like a kid that just found out they were grounded (Harbaugh) i dont think it matters nearly as much as fans like to imagine because his players like him and play hard for him

his weakness is his inexperience at times and failing to improvise his scheme in key situation like with personnel change also choice in defensive scheme but that might be Jerry
i would say passing game but for years Romo made the offense among the best in the league so you cant cut Garretts involvement from that
but when you need to switch to a different look for a given team or loss of a key player he was too stubborn (we dont worry about what they do) or just failed to do it
hes had high scoring offenses for years and top rushing attacks the system works
its when a link breaks in the chain hes done a poor job at times compensating and its cost seasons

it isnt because his hair is red or because he likes to clap like Saban does

The players have to respect your ability to coach. That you can will them to be their best. That when push comes to shove when he is needed most in a game situation he will pull something out of his #$% and push the right buttons or make the right call. That he will out coach the other guy.

Garrett show absolutely zero of those traits. But if your having a down day and you need someone to talk to he would probably be great. Or if you're blowing out a team and need some one to hug, clap or push you in jest then there is probably no one better than Garrett.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
The Jones family has made this team a joke. The team is a play thing. Them being involved in coaches meetings. Their kids in the draft war room. Coddling everybody. Makes me sick. Coaching staff sucks, Garrett got tough on the scout team though lol. Sean Lee, I guess is the d coordinator. I see employees at McDonalds get held more accountable than the players. Like dez is out there losing his mind and he talks to the asst receiver coach really? I hate they had to pick us to do this damn special that's how I really feel. The same year the garbage pigeons win their first sb without a qb.

Yep, its all one big family atmosphere all the way down the line. Buddy, buddy country club. Just like what Jimmy said.

All you have to do is look at was the very first episode. Coming off the 13-3 campaign all Garrett did was talk about how sure he was that he had the TEAM he needed. "A team proud to coach" All he did was pamper these guys. You could tell he was satisfied. Just keep things the same and we would be fine. And look what happened. Great coaches know they have to change things up every year no matter what. Or the league catches up to you. And the last thing you want to do coming off a good season is tell them all they have arrived. Great coaches always think of things to keep them in line and not getting too big of an ego. He doesnt know what he is doing.

waving monkey

Reaction score
I get what you're saying but isn't motivation a big part of coaching? He is trying to get the message across to these guys. He can't go out and play for them.
I haven't seen the show {i might} but repeating a slogan over and over does evidently fall on deaf ears.

waving monkey

Reaction score
That’s the easiest part. Hard part is giving them a gameplan that isn’t trash. He keeps saying learn from it and get back to it (another corny phrase). How can they learn if you aren’t giving them anything? Lol they already heard you say fight and finish and effort blah blah blah.
thats the job of the coordinators and assistants he's emphasizing the gameplan thats pretty obvious

Hennessy_King

Reaction score
Yep, its all one big family atmosphere all the way down the line. Buddy, buddy country club. Just like what Jimmy said.

All you have to do is look at was the very first episode. Coming off the 13-3 campaign all Garrett did was talk about how sure he was that he had the TEAM he needed. "A team proud to coach" All he did was pamper these guys. You could tell he was satisfied. Just keep things the same and we would be fine. And look what happened. Great coaches know they have to change things up every year no matter what. Or the league catches up to you. And the last thing you want to do coming off a good season is tell them all they have arrived. Great coaches always think of things to keep them in line and not getting too big of an ego. He doesnt know what he is doing.
Even the exit meeting was bleh. We missed the playoffs but let's celebrate Witten. Like wth. He cant keep wittens **** off his chin.

Hennessy_King

Reaction score
thats the job of the coordinators and assistants he's emphasizing the gameplan thats pretty obvious
What gameplan is that. The coaches meetings were jokes. Offense, push em off the line let's run the ball all over em. Defense, keep him in the pocket dont give up big plays. I should probably apply for a job now. I got this **** down.

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score
What gameplan is that. The coaches meetings were jokes. Offense, push em off the line let's run the ball all over em. Defense, keep him in the pocket dont give up big plays. I should probably apply for a job now. I got this **** down.
Don't forget...go low on Gurley, drive into him, wrap him up and hold on for dear life. :lmao2:

waving monkey

Reaction score
and how is it you know this King
I cant counter because Im not in the coaches meetings but I'm fairly certain your point is conditional

SlammedZero

Reaction score
I haven't seen the show {i might} but repeating a slogan over and over does evidently fall on deaf ears.

And I get that. I do. Also, I am not a Garrett apologist, however, I saw a clearer picture of him coaching via that show. He tries. He really does. It's not a lack of him not trying to motivate these guys to play. Yeah, maybe he is learning while on the job and he isn't as great an offensive mind as Jerry believes he is, but he seems like a good dood that cares about his players. I feel like they don't give up on him.

Last year just felt like, to me, the energy just wasn't there. It is hard for a team to get in a groove when there are bad vibes in the air. The bad energy started with Zeke and his court cases and went all the way through the team and ended at Dez. That is why I am excited for this year. Great time for a mental reset and we have no Dez and some new hungry young faces on the team. Plus, it never hurts to try and stay positive. ;)

waving monkey

Reaction score
And I get that. I do. Also, I am not a Garrett apologist, however, I saw a clearer picture of him coaching via that show. He tries. He really does. It's not a lack of him not trying to motivate these guys to play. Yeah, maybe he is learning while on the job and he isn't as great an offensive mind as Jerry believes he is, but he seems like a good dood that cares about his players. I feel like they don't give up on him.

Last year just felt like, to me, the energy just wasn't there. It is hard for a team to get in a groove when there are bad vibes in the air. The bad energy started with Zeke and his court cases and went all the way through the team and ended at Dez. That is why I am excited for this year. Great time for a mental reset and we have no Dez and some new hungry young faces on the team. Plus, it never hurts to try and stay positive. ;)
Plus, it never hurts to try and stay positive:cool:

Birch_Wood

Reaction score
Sean Lee exposes a defensive flaw in one of their defensive play calls vs the opponents offensive play calls during the game. Dissects immediately afterwards, with a coach on sidelines, and he says something like.."this play call is asking me to be in two places at once." Very smart football player.
...and I thought the deer in the light look from the coach was funny and sad at the same time.

Ken

Reaction score
I found the staff meetings very interesting. From the first one, I noticed when Garrett was speaking most of the staff wasn't looking at him. I knew right there there was a proble
of respect.

I thought one of the most interesting parts of the entire show was the final coaches meeting...where garrett basically called those 6 coaches out who are no longer with the team. He said very definitively that they will believe in his messaging no matter how corney or tired it is or they will be gone. I thought it was profound and a very real moment.

Doomsday

Rising Star
Reaction score
Just watched the first 3 episodes, good stuff but it gets me ticked off watching how they fell apart vs the Rams and Packers. It is a disgrace that this team missed the playoffs last season.

Just seems to highlight how unprepared these coaches are to adjust during a game. The Rams made adjustments at half time and we never did anything to try to counter it on offense or defense.

The JG throwing with Dak after every practice is cool and a fun way to work on his accuracy. Shows that his accuracy is a concern, and they are trying to work on it.

Is Zeke the only RB or something, all the meetings it seemed like he was the only one there. Felt like he was really moping around and didn't seem to take things too seriously a lot of time. Even had his eyes closed a few times in team meetings. The RB coach talked a good game, than pretty much let Zeke skate by, he needs to strong person pushing him imo.

The WR room felt like a joke to me and Dooley had no clue how to get through to Dez or others. Seemed like Beasley was more focused and got irritated with the others quite a bit. Probably why Dooley, Switzer, Dez and Butler are all gone.

LeonDixson

Illegitimi non carborundum
Reaction score
Although I NEVER want Jerry to allow shows like this and Hard Knocks to happen ever again, I wish I could see the new position coaches in action this year and contrast it to what I saw in this series.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
It’s a good show. I’d recommend it for anybody who has access and hasn’t seen it yet.

It looks to me, unsurprisingly, that people are going to read into it whatever fits their preconceived notions anyway, but the show does explode a lot of things people around here have foolishly believed to be true for no actual reasons for a long time.

Of course, if you’re looking for something to hate on, there’s plenty of room to just shift over to another unsubstantiated version of what you already believed, so nobody really needs to worry about changing an agenda just because your old version was inconvenient to the facts or anything. It’s safe that way.
:clap::clap::clap:

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
After watching the series, I can see why JG has only one one playoff game in 7 years. He wants to be the players BFF more than their HC/Boss. He reminds me of a pop warner coach. Trying not to offend his star players saying "Don't worry kids, it's ok to screw up. We'll just get 'em next time". Give me a freakin break. These are grown men playing a violent sport.

What are you suggesting? Think I have an idea but don't wanna put words in your mouth......