All or Nothing: Dallas Cowboys

Klingo3034

Reaction score
Man watching the game where Chaz Green got whooped in Atlanta. And prior to that he was showing toughness in training against the pass rushers. Guess it was different when actually playing for him.

Klingo3034

Reaction score
Watching that scene with him alone trying to train looks like it came from a Hollywood movie. Which is what we saw.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I haven't seen the show {i might} but repeating a slogan over and over does evidently fall on deaf ears.

Watch it. It’s really enlightening.

People are bringing their own prejudice into the threads, so you have to just see it for yourself.

The position coaches’ meetings don’t have a lot of football detail, for obvious reasons. They’re giving you the flavor and the storylines, but not the football content.

The shots of the players in the auditorium looking disinterested are actually just dudes listening. I’m not sure what sort of reactions people are expecting. They reacted the same way to Witten’s speech, too. They’re sitting there listening.

superonyx

Reaction score
Just watched the first 3 episodes, good stuff but it gets me ticked off watching how they fell apart vs the Rams and Packers. It is a disgrace that this team missed the playoffs last season.

Just seems to highlight how unprepared these coaches are to adjust during a game. The Rams made adjustments at half time and we never did anything to try to counter it on offense or defense.

The JG throwing with Dak after every practice is cool and a fun way to work on his accuracy. Shows that his accuracy is a concern, and they are trying to work on it.

Is Zeke the only RB or something, all the meetings it seemed like he was the only one there. Felt like he was really moping around and didn't seem to take things too seriously a lot of time. Even had his eyes closed a few times in team meetings. The RB coach talked a good game, than pretty much let Zeke skate by, he needs to strong person pushing him imo.

The WR room felt like a joke to me and Dooley had no clue how to get through to Dez or others. Seemed like Beasley was more focused and got irritated with the others quite a bit. Probably why Dooley, Switzer, Dez and Butler are all gone.
I think Dooley had an impossible assignment and not because of Dez.
Dooley can only work with the WRs to get ready for the week and run the routes to the best of their ability. Dez was clearly irritated because he was frustrated from not producing. The problem for both guys is they were trying to figure out a way to succeed when every defense we played knew out routes. There was very little mixing it up and scheme for success and it’s not Dooley or Dezs job to change the playbook.
Both of these guys were sacrificed for the failings of someone else....Linehan and Garrett.

superonyx

Reaction score

People are bringing their own prejudice into the threads, so you have to just see it for yourself.

The position coaches’ meetings don’t have a lot of football detail, for obvious reasons. They’re giving you the flavor and the storylines, but not the football content.

The shots of the players in the auditorium looking disinterested are actually just dudes listening. I’m not sure what sort of reactions people are expecting. They reacted the same way to Witten’s speech, too. They’re sitting there listening.
I think people assumed JG was supposed to be William Wallace and pump up the crowd ending with them all chest bumping, yelling, and running out to tackle someone.

superonyx

Reaction score
I see where you're going, but I tend to cut the staff a little slack. Especially if you watched the series. They were up against injuries, suspensions and distractions all season long.
If it were second level back ups I would have a different opinion. But the best LT, RB, LB and kicker in the NFL were missing. LG was atrocious and we had a new RT. Add all of Dez's shenanigans and it's a lot to overcome.
Seemed to me we had a coaching staff who just gave up when Zeke wasn’t there or when running Zeke wasn’t working.

It appeared this offenses plan for success was .
A. Run Zeke
B. Run Zeke
C. Run Zeke
D. Run Zeke
E. Run Zeke
F. Find some WRs to blame.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
Seemed to me we had a coaching staff who just gave up when Zeke wasn’t there or when running Zeke wasn’t working.

It appeared this offenses plan for success was .
A. Run Zeke
B. Run Zeke
C. Run Zeke
D. Run Zeke
E. Run Zeke
F. Find some WRs to blame.

Alfred Morris disagrees.

Rayman70

Reaction score
Zeke is our modern version of Herschel Walker lol....where over 80% of the offense will likely run thru him. Honestly,its the right thing to do.Everything we like to do starts with how we run the rock. Last year we got cute,went away from it some..PLUS many off the field factors didn't help.

Doomsday

Rising Star
Reaction score
JG talking about having contingencies after the Atlanta game is annoying as hell.

Having a RB or TE chip a DE isn't a contingency, it is football 101. I mean come on, Tyrone Smith is not out there and you have no f'in plan for what to do if Chaz Green struggles and needs help? That is a total disgrace, a good coach is suppose to be prepared for whatever could happen during the course of a game.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
As a poster suggested, most fans/posters appear to focus on their same love/hate players or coaches. Ten pages of comments centered around the usual Dez, Zeke, Dak, and Garrett with little Lee sprinkled. Why am I not surprised.....

Hennessy_King

Reaction score

I think everyone can agree that what makes it more upsetting is the Jones' are so bad for the team. Country club culture with the team as their play thing.

Parcells4Life

Reaction score
Garrett is clearly a student of psychology. Screaming at players that are already running hot or cold in the midst of battle doesn’t do any good. That’s between Monday-Saturday you can get them. Sunday you need them at their top mental performance. I wish we had gotten more interaction between Garrett and coaches on game day.

Dez clearly needed to go. I was surprised just how cancerous he was. Can’t take any negative criticism on his game or even praising opponents.

Zeke needs to be much more bought in this year. He looks out of it the whole time.

Gary Browns job is obviously just to keep Zeke in check.

Where was Eberflus the whole season? Why is Lee running all the meetings?

Zman5

Reaction score
What are you suggesting? Think I have an idea but don't wanna put words in your mouth......

I'm suggesting he treat them like men and not 10 year old kids. I was sicken to watch JG on one clip where Dez apologies for screwing up. JG says to Dez something like "Hey it's ok. It happens. Don't worry about it. It's football. Just keep playing."

That's something you say to a little kid not to a professional adult football player. I would much prefer if he would have told Dez to get his head out of his butt and get more focused.

Floatyworm

The Labeled One
Reaction score
Sean Lee exposes a defensive flaw in one of their defensive play calls vs the opponents offensive play calls during the game. Dissects immediately afterwards, with a coach on sidelines, and he says something like.."this play call is asking me to be in two places at once." Very smart football player.

Funny how that coach is no longer here. The one thing that can be said about this series...It exposed why every move was made this off season.

Tyron Smith back injury...draft Conner Williams
Hitchens leaves/Lee constant injury history...draft LVE
Bryant's drops....draft Gallup/C.Wilson
No Gregory/draft Armstrong.
David Irving suspension(lack of trust)/trade for Ward
Elliott suspension.../draft Scarbourgh
Prescott pick 6's...draft White
Witten retires...draft Schultz

And even with all those moves...I still don't think we are done. I stil think we will bring in a starting CB....not a free safety. I think they leave Jones there.

Might even bring in another RB...change of pace...Andre Ellington? Not buying Tavon Austin as a RB

Might bring in another LG to challenge for the starting spot...I think we have seen the last of Chaz Green. I know people keep saying C. Williams was drafted as a G...but I just don't see him being that guy. I think Tyron Smith's playing days are numbered...and It's just a matter of time before CW is your starting LT.

Still think NT might be a spot they look to upgrade. Not sold on Ash or Price as the RKG. Think Collins is better suited to be a rotational 3tech...

As for the coaching...not a lot of accountability there. Thought you would see more one on one stuff. Instead you get coaches making funny videos....which explains alot. Marinellie 0-16 Lions...and his tendency to blow leads....Needs no further explaination. If your going to put a coaching staff full of *** clowns together....then your going to get these kind of results.

Lastly...The one thing that really stood out to me was...the Jones' family sure looked like they were a hell of a lot more interested in their grandsons football team...rather than the Dallas Cowboys. They run the Cowboys like a business. In it for the money. Which is sad. You got guys like Witten laying it all out there ...

And Sean Lee...Where in the hell are the defensive coaches? He was the guy conducting the team meetings. No wonder the defense looked lost out there when he is hurt.

Too much dysfunction in that building...not enough accountability. A lot of back stabbing. and in the end...sure seemed like everyone is looking for a scapegoat. For all the preaching Garrett did about "owning it"...sure seems like everyone was ducking for cover/hiding.

Hopefully 2018 will be different...but I highly doubt it. It's a circus atmosphere...The lack of attention to detail....the little things like Elliott consistanly running w/ the football in the wrong hand...never being addressed. Lack of blitz pick up. Lack of coaching adjustments in game...that Atlanta game was beyond absurd. Coaches not knowing what to do...

All of it adds up to losing football....which is what you will see if you watch this entire series. :(

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
I'm suggesting he treat them like men and not 10 year old kids. I was sicken to watch JG on one clip where Dez apologies for screwing up. JG says to Dez something like "Hey it's ok. It happens. Don't worry about it. It's football. Just keep playing."

That's something you say to a little kid not to a professional adult football player. I would much prefer if he would have told Dez to get his head out of his butt and get more focused.
That's what you say to Dez because he's a child.