All-Pro and Pro Bowl LT Tyron Smith is unlikely to return!

lkelly

Reaction score
Pretty sure he knows that the chances of winning a Super Bowl with Dallas are about the same as winning one with a team like the Jets. In other words, not great. Might as well get a big contract with the latter. On the other hand he could take a little less than the Jets would pay and try to land at a place like KC. Odds of winning a title go way up.

Either way, if he's not going to be in Dallas, the Cowboys should hope he signs a huge deal as it will improve the odds of a 3rd or 4th round comp pick next year.

TheSport78

The Excellence of Execution
Reaction score
Because that’s where you get the best ones.
If it's a deep class and the drop off isn't as large, it wouldn't make sense to reach for one in the first, unless they’re rated much higher on your board than a center.

MonsterD

Quota outta absentia
Reaction score
Can't rely on him getting full time pay and play half a season anymore. Cap watch is tighter than ever for this year, so some have to go,

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Can't rely on him getting full time pay and play half a season anymore. Cap watch is tighter than ever for this year, so some have to go,
Yeah he’s already limited it sucks because he’s a part time player but he’s still elite at it. So he wants his money. I get it. I get Cowboys not doing it.

Creeper

Reaction score
I am not sure I believe this. But assuming it is true it opens a huge hole for the Cowboys to fill. Tyron still plays at a high level when he plays. But if he leaves it almost certainly means the Cowboys will be drafting an OT high. I think that means they will not be getting any immediate help on defense.

If the Cowboys were going all in they would sign Tyron to a one or two year deal which would enable them to fill their biggest needs in the draft. I think drafting OT at 24 is a risky move particularly in year 1. Need proof? Look at the Giants two OTs. Both high first round picks and both struggled as rookies. One is still struggling 2 years in.

Creeper

Reaction score

so in other words, they low-balled him on a one year deal and Tyron's agent walked away. This is jerry going all in.

Why do I have the feeling that the starting OL next year will be Tyler Smith, Bass, Biadasz, Martin and Steele, and people in Dallas will be talking about how improve the OL will be?

This is another situation I wish the salary CAP rules could be adjusted to fix. A veteran like Smith who has played his entire career in Dallas should be able to stay with his original team if he choose and that team would et some kind of CAP abatement to allow it to happen. If Dallas could somehow get a break on Tyron CAP impact I think they would keep him and he could retire a Dallas Cowboy.

Bobhaze

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Between 2011-2018, IMO Tyron Smith was this team’s best player. Injuries have made him a part time player but in his hey-day he was as good as there was at LT. Has a HOF shot for sure.

Sadly, I hope Tyron Smith lands on a team with a real shot at a ring. Perhaps like DeMarcus Ware he will be able to win a ring elsewhere.

Swagger

Reaction score
Ironic that a future Hall of Famer perennial All Pro who was underpaid in taking a team friendly long term deal in the interests of long term security and to help the team to build a strong roster is a casualty because of Dak Prescott. Jeepers creepers.

blueblood70

Reaction score
I have a tough time to believing that. I won't believe it until he's officially gone.
Yeah well that's the thing most people didn't think the front office would allow Ezekiel Elliott to walk and they did they've allowed some players that we were surprised they finally let them go and maybe he stays but here's the thing he's basically saying he's not taking another contract like he took last year where he he had it cut nearly in half and played on a home team discount for one year they're asking him to do that again it'd be all escalators they wanna pay the man $6 million plus bonuses for playing time in production and he's saying he thinks he can get more elsewhere so yeah there's a very very good chance he's not coming back unless at the very last minute they convinced him to come back add ....hey has been trying to get rid of him for like 4 years.

Bobhaze

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
This means Biadasz is back.

They likely are able to keep Biadasz for cheaper
I hope not. Biadaz in my view is a slightly above average center who will cost more than he’s worth. I’m amazed at how many players like this the FO seems to stick with despite having him resulting in one playoff win in 4 years. No disrespect to you C but why does re-signing a player like Biadaz make us better?

Carson

Reaction score
LT - Tyler Smith
LG - TJ Bass
C- Tyler Biadasz
RG - Zack Martin
RT - Terence Steele

24 can go to DL, WR